Ladies, how much do you squat?

Options

Replies

• DDW1989
    DDW1989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'5", 149lbs and 29 years old. My heaviest weight for squats has been 245lbs but my heavy sets are usually at 225lbs for 5 reps.

Currently bulking so I am planning to start increasing my squat weight again as strength increases.
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    It depends, I was able to lift 121 lbs but now I'm down to 88 cos I'm doing more reps at the end of Monday .
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    5"7" 148 lb, most recent 1RM 205 lb. I'm injured so I am sadly doing boring accessory work and rehab right now.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Torn meniscus in my knee - I'm squatting pretty much just for rehab. ~65 lbs for volume.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    the mens bar...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    DDW1989 wrote: »
    5'5", 149lbs and 29 years old. My heaviest weight for squats has been 245lbs but my heavy sets are usually at 225lbs for 5 reps.

Currently bulking so I am planning to start increasing my squat weight again as strength increases.

I find this interesting. I can squat 245 as well but I don't know if I can do 225 for 5s. I don't think so.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Lol. My squats are so little compared to you ladies!!!
    I’ve recently come back to lifting after taking a break for 18 months due to mental health. I’ve made it so far to 40kgs (88lbs)
    I’m doing my StrongLifts 5x5 so I completely deloaded. I’m hoping to build it up slowly and steadily. You guys are my inspiration :smile:

Don't feel bad. It's taken me a full year to go from the bar to 80 kg. Not sure why this is my slowest growing lift... but it is. I've just crested my own body weight... so yeah. Sometimes I feel frustrated by that. I have to keep reminding myself that I am my own competition, and that comparison is the thief of joy. :)
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what my max is but I can reliably work out with 95lbs.
  • michellebirtleeds
    michellebirtleeds Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 135lb, and I've been doing 3X8s recently. I can squat 115lbx8, and front-squat 85lbx8. I've never done 1rm.

I've been kinda stuck at these weights for a while, so I just ordered some fractional plates. I hope they help me make some new progress.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I think I need to push myself harder! I am new to the whole lifting thing and actually just started the “Fierce Five” program with my husband.

Currently I am at 70lbs for 8 reps x 3 sets. I think I could do more, but I want to be confident in my form before loading more up.

Also, should I be doing fewer reps with higher weight? Such as 5 reps instead of 8? And I have never attempted to find my 1rm.
  • KickboxFanatic
    KickboxFanatic Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    45, 5'6, 175lb

Last tested gym 1rep @290, comp @280 just over a year ago and was training heavy sets at 3x8 @245. Took some time off to heal some other issues and making my way back to heavies, currently at 6x8 @205.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    154 lbs 5´6 26 years old never tried 1rm but my maximum is 198 lbs x 5. Im in a cutting phase atm but hoping to break it when i get back to bulking.

You didn't read the title did you ? :D

What's wrong with her response?

ETA sorry iz a boi
  • DDW1989
    DDW1989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    DDW1989 wrote: »

I find this interesting. I can squat 245 as well but I don't know if I can do 225 for 5s. I don't think so.

I stayed at a max of 225lbs for quite a while and worked up to 5 reps with good depth and form. At first one of my knees was caving in a bit so I didn't want to increase weight before strengthening that. On Monday I increased my weight to 245lbs and got in 4 good reps.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    45, 5'3". I don't squat heavy. I've been using dumbbells for the last 9 months and gone from 3lbs to 17.5, 2 sets of 8 reps, 1 set of 12. I plan to begin with 20s in two weeks. (Doing front squats on the ground and side squats on a cardio step.)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    43, 5 foot 5, 173lbs, 242.5 1RM...
  • lawled22
    lawled22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You ladies are awesome! I've been lifting for 4 years and my squats have not progressed in the past 3 years. My other lifts are getting way better, it's so discouraging!
    At 5'3, 115lbs my 1RM is 155lbs
  • theoriginalkp
    theoriginalkp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm inspired by these replies!

Separate question - any tips if you don't have a squat rack? I'm leaning forward to pick up the bar from behind the weight bench. Not safe at all, so I stick with just the bar.

Any tips for a work-around?

Thanks!
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    50 years old back squat 1RM is 205. I am five two and 165lbs. Front squat have not done above 95 but never figured out a one rep max.