"Saints and Slimmers" ****(closed thread)***

Options

Replies

• G0dsP3n
    G0dsP3n Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Put me down for....Hmmm. 5. Gotta be safe! LOL! If i feel i can do more, i'll let you guys know!
  • sue567
    sue567 Posts: 128
    Options
    Sue567 12mi
    zeus277 8mi
    roxy77007 12mi
    sugarsprinkles 5mi
    Leahinpa 10mi
    prunella1066 10mi
    SammieFierce 10mi
    G0dsP3n 5mi...

omg.. just 33miles left....

Guys i gess we have to submit our favorite Healthy Recipe too.... in next post i'll post my recipe.. hope u guys like it.. woohoooo
  • Perissology
    Perissology Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Mediterranean Chicken And Orzo

This is one of my favorite dishes I got this from Prevention magazine's Flat Belly Diet cookbook.. I love it, it's healthy, contains MUFA's (monounsaturated fatty acids) and boy does it taste great..... It's also quick and easy to make, and my family eats it lol

http://recipes.prevention.com/Recipe/mediterranean-chicken-and-orzo.aspx

Leah
  • Perissology
    Options
    Only 33 miles left thats awesome....we got this !!!!

Team i'm going to have to purge a few peeps from our team.... i've gotten nothing from 4 of our team members all week.
    This sucks, now we need to replace them... Find us some new peeps willing to commit and work hard like we do !!!

Go "Saints and Slimmers":wink:
  • sue567
    Options
    EGG CURRY

Ingredients:
    4 Hard boiled egg whites
    3 Tomatoes
    2 Onions
    Cumin seeds
    salt
    2 tbs Olive oil
    1/2 cup plain non fat yoghurt
    Red chilly powder
    Directions:
    1) Blend the tomatoes and onions together and make a paste of it.
    2) Heat the Olive oil and put 1 tbs of cumin seeds in it ..and leave them till they are golden brown.
    3) add the tomato and onion paste and keep it on simmer untill the water from the paste evaporates and it becomes dark in color
    4) when the mixture is completely dry pour 1/2 cup water and 1/4th cup yoghurt until its thick again..
    5) add 2 tbs salt and 1/4th tbs red chilly powder and bring it to boil
    6) cut the hard boiled eggs into halves and remove the yellow and add them to the paste..

VIOLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DSCN0366.JPG

Serving Size 177.8g
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 177
    Total Fat 13.5g 21%
    Sodium 104mg 4%
    Total Carbohydrates 5.1g 2%
    Dietary Fiber 0.8g 3%
    Sugars 2.6g
    Protein 9.0g
    Vitamin A 10% • Vitamin C 7%
    Calcium 5% • Iron 12%
  • kristoferswanson
    Options
    First of all, I apologize for not being on here last week, but I didn't even know this existed until today.

Second of all, put me down for an extra 5 miles this week and I'll try my best to do more.
  • sue567
    Options
    Welcome Kristoferswanson ... better Late than never :wink:

Guys I did my extra 2 miles and 50 Squat Kicks and 50 Jumping jack... done for the day .. Keep rocking...
  • prunella1066
    prunella1066 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    50 Squat Kicks in and 1 mile in today!!
  • Perissology
    Options
    Good morning team here are the weight loss results for last week. Total points are 218.... we lost 42 pounds. .That's so Awesome !!!!
    I need all team members to weigh in on Sunday of each week. Also finish your diary, drink your water, and do those challenges every day ...

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u
    don’t have weights

Go Team !!!!
    Saints and Slimmers Rock !!!!!

:smile: :happy: :smile: :wink: :smile: :wink: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :smile: :laugh: :smile: :laugh:
  • Perissology
    Options
    Have a wonerful day today "Saints and Slimmers" ........ Keep up the good work .......
  • sue567
    Options
    Sue567 12mi
    zeus277 8mi
    roxy77007 12mi
    sugarsprinkles 5mi
    Leahinpa 10mi
    prunella1066 10mi
    SammieFierce 10mi
    G0dsP3n 5mi...
    kristoferswanson 5mi

omg just 28 miles left.....

i did 2 miles yesterday.. i'll try to do more than 12 miles by the end of this week....

Leah!!!! ur the best....

GO Saints and Slimmers!!!!!!!!! HAVE A ROCKING WORKOUT TODAY..
  • SammieFierce
    SammieFierce Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Hope you all are doing well! Looking forward to today's challenge workout!!!
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    challenge done! I'm going to get on my bike tonight. Great job guys! Oh yeah, put me down for 5 extra miles this week. I'm doing doubles plus the challenge, so I'm a wee bit tired, but I will definitely do 5 extra miles this week! Let's do this!
  • sugarsprinkles
    Options
    I got 5 miles in for you today!
    I did my regular 3 miles, then added a mile for yesterday on the eliptical, and a mile for today on the STAIRMASTER!!!
    These hotel gyms occasionally have a variety! I also did the swimmer's arm thing with weights :)
    I'm in Richmond and Ashland, VA for the next few days.
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I think I can manage 3 miles/day (minus 3 miles in case something comes up one day), so if my math is correct that's 15 miles. If more is needed by the end of the week I bet I could kick in a few more.
  • sue567
    Options
    Sue567 12mi
    zeus277 8mi
    roxy77007 12mi
    sugarsprinkles 5mi
    Leahinpa 10mi
    prunella1066 10mi
    SammieFierce 10mi
    G0dsP3n 5mi...
    kristoferswanson 5mi
    skinz2k2 5mi
    antijen 15 mi

that make it omg.. just 8 mile....
    Woohooooo go Team.... !!!!!
    oh
    PS.. m done with today's challenge.. 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk and the Swimmer's press i did with 12.5lbs .. i shouldnt have done that now i must have gained some muscle weight.. :grumble:

and i did my 2 miles extra running too.... and under calories too. and drank 104oz of water so far..
    PPS M TIRED ... HAVE A ROCKING DAY TOMORROW GUYS.. :flowerforyou:
  • sue567
    Options
    I got 5 miles in for you today!
    I did my regular 3 miles, then added a mile for yesterday on the eliptical, and a mile for today on the STAIRMASTER!!!
    These hotel gyms occasionally have a variety! I also did the swimmer's arm thing with weights :)
    I'm in Richmond and Ashland, VA for the next few days.

Have a fun trip Sugar.... woohoo
  • antijen
    antijen Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I thought I read upthread that miles completed on an elliptical or bike count toward the 100 miles as well. Can anyone let me know if this is the case?
  • zeus277
    zeus277 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe from "The Diabetic Chef", Chris Smith, that I'm dying to try this week. It's low carb, and uses just the vegetables that my parents garden in bursting with at the moment.

Ingredients:
    2 medium zucchini
    2 medium yellow squash
    1 Tbsp butter
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    nonstick cooking spray
    1 1/2 lb large shrimp deveined and w/out shells
    1 lemon
    2 Tbsp chopped parsley

Trim the end of both the zucchini and yellow squash. Cut the vegetables into long narrow strips. In a large pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables. Toss until tender (3-5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper. Spray a pan with nonstick cooking spray and heat it over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until done, (3-4 minutes). Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the pan and toss until all the shrimp are coated. Serve the shrimp on top of the veggies and garnish with the chopped parsley.

Makes:
    6 servings of 1/2cup shrimp with 1/3 cup vegetable
    calories: 120
    calories from fat 27
    total fat 3 g
    sat fat 1.5 g
    cholesterol 167mg
    sodium 286 mg
    Carbohydrate 5g
    fiber 2g
    sugar 2g
    Protein 18g
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    count my challenge as done. Keep up the great work guys!