• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @lporter229, that is a WIN!
  • AlainaKayy
    AlainaKayy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    AlainaKayy wrote: »
    I'm up to 3 days AF for February, sounds like nothing, but I don't know the last month that I could say that.

I remember day 3! That felt like 30! You are doing awesome! Keep it up. At Day 10, they say you make a breakthrough in the way you feel.

Thank you! I really appreciate the kind words!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I’m in... my goal is to limit wine to 1 glass a day.

That's a good start! :) and welcome
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    :):)
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Last night I had a beer. Just a beer. It has been ages since I could say that. Well, mostly because I rarely drink beer since I am gluten free. But last night was good because it was a beautiful, unseasonably warm evening in Ohio. My husband is out of town and I was thinking about going home and hanging out on my patio playing with the dog. Normally, this would involve wine. But I did not have a bottle of wine and I did not want to stop and buy one because I did not want to give in to the temptation. Instead, I remembered that I had a couple of gluten free craft beers that some friends from Wisconsin had so thoughtfully brought for me when they visited a few weekends ago. I opened one of them and enjoyed every sip of it while playing with the dog. Then we went for a long walk and I made dinner and drank water. It was a good night.

Thats ok if u can control it. Well done!!... I'm very glad you had a happy night.. :)
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    Good morning!

I am 4 days AF for February and 2 in a row. I want to be honest here and say that it was very difficult for me last night not to give in. Part of the reason why I did not was this group, I didn't want to log on in the morning and say that I had failed. I get home from work around 5:45 and immediately I was thinking about cracking open a beer, but instead I started making dinner. Dinner took me a while to make cause I was peeling potatoes, cutting peppers, etc; all the sudden its 6:30, I looked over to the clock and said "if I can make it until 7, I'll get a beer" low and behold 7pm rolls around, I still wanted it like crazy; but I didn't do it. I thought to myself "Right now, what is the motive? Is it to get drunk? or did I just crave the taste?" I talked myself out of it. I told myself that it was too late to start drinking, it wasn't, but I didn't drink.

Happy Wednesday!

Well done!!, Alainakayy!!.. keep up the good work so u can help others :)<3
  • BuffMom84
    BuffMom84 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    missanne11 wrote: »
    I think that's one thing I've noticed. My kids are grown and they notice and wonder why I'm acting funny as I've tried hiding it. You can't hide it. Ithink that was my trigger shame. Anyway I'm feeling really good that I'm feeling much more in control. I'm proud and hoping to keep this up. What is kombucha?? I've never heard of this but see it here lots as alternative

It's a fermented tea that contains probiotics. Lots of info in this article:

https://draxe.com/7-reasons-drink-kombucha-everyday/
  • Alzzi76
    edited February 2018
    Options
    missanne11 wrote: »
    I think that's one thing I've noticed. My kids are grown and they notice and wonder why I'm acting funny as I've tried hiding it. You can't hide it. Ithink that was my trigger shame. Anyway I'm feeling really good that I'm feeling much more in control. I'm proud and hoping to keep this up. What is kombucha?? I've never heard of this but see it here lots as alternative

I think we share simular experiences..

Kombucha is a fermented tea. It comes in a variety of flavours. The hibiscus one is very nice. They sell it here in australia more. U can even buy it in the super markets now. Its great and refreshing and plus u feel real good in the mornings. Clear headed. Its has a cleansing effect.
  • Alzzi76
    edited February 2018
    Options
    clgo7nayd7h9.png
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    4bdmizoc6nlb.png
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    eeq9kaoadh8v.png
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Alzzi76. I live in Canada. Not sure where to look here. But thanks for your info!!
  • AlainaKayy
    AlainaKayy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    Good morning!

I am 4 days AF for February and 2 in a row. I want to be honest here and say that it was very difficult for me last night not to give in. Part of the reason why I did not was this group, I didn't want to log on in the morning and say that I had failed. I get home from work around 5:45 and immediately I was thinking about cracking open a beer, but instead I started making dinner. Dinner took me a while to make cause I was peeling potatoes, cutting peppers, etc; all the sudden its 6:30, I looked over to the clock and said "if I can make it until 7, I'll get a beer" low and behold 7pm rolls around, I still wanted it like crazy; but I didn't do it. I thought to myself "Right now, what is the motive? Is it to get drunk? or did I just crave the taste?" I talked myself out of it. I told myself that it was too late to start drinking, it wasn't, but I didn't drink.

Happy Wednesday!

Well done!!, Alainakayy!!.. keep up the good work so u can help others :)<3

Thank you! Will do! Tonight's another night! :):)