Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    I am struggling, suddenly its not so easy for me anymore

Is there something that has changed in your life?
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @eddie_fields So honest. How wonderful to include your son in those walks or teach him golf. You're teaching him another way to be.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I am curious. What is everyone's triggers to drink?

Mine is socializing

What are your triggers?
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    I had a really down day yesterday. Work has been beyond busy and taking too much of my personal time, and I just had a general feeling of sadness.
    I managed well. Went to the gym, no unhealthy food or drink.
    Something I noticed last month and is standing out more. On stressful days I dont have urges to go for the bottle too often, so that’s a win. But I really notice that I just want to eat everything in the house or go get some food that is terrible for me. So that is a whole other thing I guess I need to keep working on

Good work Eric
  • samanthaholze
    samanthaholze Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I am curious. What is everyone's triggers to drink?

Mine is socializing

What are your triggers?

Definitely socializing, though in the past distraction from a stressful job has also been a thing for me. My friends drink. A lot.
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My triggers are definitely cooking (but dry Jan really helped revise that habit!) and FOMO - like not wanting to miss out on socializing. But anxiety is also a trigger. I am working on that one and it’s been helpful to find new ways to relax without numbing out.