Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Valentine's dinner with my husband last night was a success. Our tradition is to cook a nice meal together, which usually involves drinks while cooking, wine with dinner, then at leas tone night cap, and usually ends with me not remembering going to bed. Last night we both brought home a bottle of wine. When we opened the first one I declared that when that was gone, we would not open the second one. It was not a problem because we did not even finish the first one :) We had a wonderful dinner together and I remember exactly how it ended. I especially love that, without really even discussing the matter, my husband has taken my cue and is cutting back on drinking too.

You did really good!!
  • angelayogalv
    angelayogalv Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this is a daft question - but can you 'join' this group just by commenting?! I have been logging onto MFP, tracking food and exercise and reading success stories for inspiration, but this thread I love!

Hi, there's really nothing to join, just post when you want to. I love it here because you can vent, get help, give help and support, talk about your ups and downs, and there's no judgement. We're all in the same boat.

I've had 7 good days with no cravings, but I'm always on guard, because they sneak up on you. I'm trying to make sure I'm prepared by having this thread to come to and ask for support.

You'll like it here!

Your sentence " I love it here because..." sums up perfectly what drew me to this group!

• dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My husband bowls on Wednesdays, so decided to surprise him at the lanes, cupcakes for the team! I would normally have had a shot or 2 with him... but did not! I didn't even eat any of the cupcakes. Day 4 for me and going strong! I just love how I feel in the mornings, much more energy, and no guilt!

Great job! These are the things that keep me motivated - so thanks!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I watched this video Ted talk last night on “gray area” drinking - it’s nothing groundbreaking but she talks about nourishing our neurotransmitters. Here’s the link https://youtu.be/wvCMZBA7RiA
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Sorry if this is a daft question - but can you 'join' this group just by commenting?! I have been logging onto MFP, tracking food and exercise and reading success stories for inspiration, but this thread I love!

Just jump right in!!!!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Last day in Dublin was a great success in moderation - two glasses at dinner, one more afterwards - dancing with colleagues and headed to bed before midnight. Was packed and ready for the final day, presentation went well and am now on the plane to head back to the states. Other colleagues were tired, hung over and some didn’t even make it to the morning session. Glad that wasn’t me! Looking forward to a few AF days in a row at home.

You rocked it !!! Amazing job!!!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    I am curious. What is everyone's triggers to drink?

A drinking spouse and socializing out of my house.

I wish there was a town or state specificly alcohol free. I would move there for sure

LOL In a perfect world LOL!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    missanne11 wrote: »
    Hi guys. I'm writing first comment and been reading everyone's comments. I'm so happy to find this as I've been struggling. I started Monday. As I'm joined a 12 week challenge at gym. Unfortunately I drank the weekend as I knew I was starting but that's it. I actually went AF on Sunday so this is my 4th day. My problem is my hubby and I have been drinking practically daily for so many years. I just don't feel good anymore. How do you stop when your hubby wants to keep on. Ugh. My problem is not only him. Depression boredom lonely. He works away and I lost my job thru not my fault. Redundancy. I drink alone which I hate also. My goal is now to not drink for 12 weeks. So I'm hoping joining gym will keep me focused. I'm loving it and the social part of it too. Wish me luck and the same to all of you!

Welcome! My husband still drinks as do I but now he is coming around and being very supportive in my efforts. If you stick to your guns of not drinking your hubby will pick up on it. I think you joining the gym is great. Staying busy helps as well.
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    My Valentines was good. Nothing spectacular or romantic. We went to our favorite pizza place and shared a pitcher of beer.

I did ask my husband to make a stop for wine and he said No I didnt need it. I felt good because we went straight home I went to bed and woke up feeling great!

When I woke up I told him "Thank you for not stopping." He then said "I am proud of you because normally if I said No you would just take the car and go get it yourself anyway! So I am proud of you!"

So I am taking baby steps and that's what matters.

Hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!!

You guys are my kind of couple - pizza place and beer.

Great job. Small steps can really help. I feel like when I take steps that are too big, I fail much more quickly.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    My Valentines was good. Nothing spectacular or romantic. We went to our favorite pizza place and shared a pitcher of beer.

I did ask my husband to make a stop for wine and he said No I didnt need it. I felt good because we went straight home I went to bed and woke up feeling great!

When I woke up I told him "Thank you for not stopping." He then said "I am proud of you because normally if I said No you would just take the car and go get it yourself anyway! So I am proud of you!"

So I am taking baby steps and that's what matters.

Hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!!

You guys are my kind of couple - pizza place and beer.

Great job. Small steps can really help. I feel like when I take steps that are too big, I fail much more quickly.

LOL! We are a pretty simple couple.