Options
    Mslmesq wrote: »
    You’re about to get your period.

That explains everything.

Glad I could help. ;-)
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    OP I do the same thing sometimes. It just seems to happen. Frustrating, when most of the time I can just say “no thanks” and go about my day without eating that unplanned food.
  • deimosphoebos
    deimosphoebos Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to hear that I am not alone. Thanks for all the helpful advice.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it can be anything or nothing. If I am tired I tend to find it harder to avoid sugary things during the day. Personally I like chocolate and evenings are when I struggle so I save calories for the evening and have some chocolate. Most of the time in the day I can avoid it but ocassionally my willpower weakens and I just have it. If you managed to fit it in to your calories then no harm done really.

Do you allow yourself the odd sweet treat? Maybe working something in on a regular basis, would stop a 500 cal splurge?
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you wanted comfort food, which is common when you feel ill or when females are at a certain point in their cycle. As others have said, factor in some treats daily/weekly and also check out the diet break/refeed thread. A one off 500 cal whoops is no biggie, neither is a day at maintenance cals.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It happens. Sometimes seemingly for no reason. You just move on. You mentioned you have been on a large deficit. That can screw with your hormones and inhibition, especially if those candies were something you haven't allowed yourself for a while. Note it down and see if there are any similarities next time it happens to avoid it happening more often (and yes, it does happen to every dieter more than once, the only difference is the frequency).
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Maybe next time you get the urge, only buy one candy bar so that you can limit the damage ;)
  • greyhoundslim
    greyhoundslim Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Yep, I have had that experience. It's not that I'm hungry it's more like a craving and the hand keeps reaching out for another and another. The only way I can manage it is for me to never let anything in the house that's going to tempt me - so I have to treat myself like some bad child with no discipline - because if the temptation is there there's no stopping me. So I've given up bashing myself up about it afterwards because it does nothing useful, I just try hard not to buy anything that's going to tempt me. But that's just me. Chin up, I think you're doing so well. Best wishes :-)
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    It looks like you're pretty far under your calorie goal (860ish, 1870ish) in the days leading up to candy fun time, so I doubt you've set yourself back at all - even if you're trying to account for overestimated calorie burns from a FitBit or whatever.

You might just be hungry and not eating enough after big workouts?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    500 calories of chocolate doesn't sound too bad, it could have been much worse.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    trimi1104 wrote: »
    I looked at your diary, the only thing I notice is except for minimal amounts (one small bell pepper and a slice of onion) for breakfast that looks like pork-mince/egg scramble you have no vegetables at all.
    I'm not counting those two clementines, fruit is sugary, it's not a vegetable in my book.
    Everything else you eat is either pasta laden with fat or some sort of baked goodie. It may fit your calorie goal but it's absolutely awful in my books to eat like that. I'd clean up that diet, less crap and more veggies. The binge was probably triggered by not being full enough, veggies fill you up. Fat laden pasta doesn't.
    I looked at your diary, the only thing I notice is except for minimal amounts (one small bell pepper and a slice of onion) for breakfast that looks like pork-mince/egg scramble you have no vegetables at all.
    I'm not counting those two clementines, fruit is sugary, it's not a vegetable in my book.
    Everything else you eat is either pasta laden with fat or some sort of baked goodie. It may fit your calorie goal but it's absolutely awful in my books to eat like that. I'd clean up that diet, less crap and more veggies. The binge was probably triggered by not being full enough, veggies fill you up. Fat laden pasta doesn't.

• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Trimi1104, hi, I’m new here. Would you mind sharing how you can see another person’s diary/log?