Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• moderngirl1016
    moderngirl1016 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Looking forward to hearing everyone's tips for cutting back!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    kittybenn wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    Doing good MFP! Work stress was bad today but no drink for this guy....the building I live in has a wine social event tomorrow from 6 to 7....I plan to go in there with a printout of this thread and start reading it out loud until they call the cops.....watch the news tomorrow at 8

@NormInv - I love your posts. This was particularly hilarious. Thanks for being here! You always give me something to think about or a laugh.

I am so glad I connect
  • NormInv
    Options
    hey kombucha lovers - are you supposed to shake it and drink that residue at the bottom? asking for a friend
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    For those of you who who have been cutting back in January or February, I am curious to hear how the scale has been treating you?

The scale has not moved much for me but clothes fit differently. I only succeeded about 50% of January and not as good in February. I consider every cutback a win though. :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Just finished "Blackout"....What a great book! Now, I have to find in this thread the other recommended books...? I already read, "The Naked Mind" which is another great book. I just found these two above; Alcohol Explained and Alcohol Lied to Me; If anyone has any other recommendations other than these, that would be great! :) I am on a roll....these books and this thread has really helped me.
  • NormInv
    Options
    haha @donimfp
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Stepping18 wrote: »
    Day23 AF. Last night was my toughest challenge since starting this process. But Instead of having a drink, I meditated for about 5 minutes to refocus. It made a huge difference. I was able to abstain and continue AF.

Well done!!, u must fell awesome that u did it. Stronger than u think!! ;):)
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Tough day at times yesterday but I tried to create some fun instead of head to the liquor store. Got lost goung to an interview. The directions were terrible. Had to keep the person on the phone just to get there at the end. It was in a town that has plenty of bad memories. It was mostly a disappointment I really want to leave my current job. I did stop to get a tea. The weather was warm and probably was a record high. I got some dark chocolate to go with it. I have into trying different green teas I found a Japanese Sencha that was a Supreme. Good. It is brewed at 195 degrees I believe. New healthy hobbies are fun. I learned how to get the right temp at home. That town does have some more good in it in addition to better gas prices, the dentist and the library. Tring to make the best of things.
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    I've lost six pounds and have a much flatter stomach and feel more energetic. I am like @JenT304 in that for me it's easier to just not pour any alcohol rather than negotiate. Too much work.

Went to a happy hour after work with teachers; I ordered a Diet Coke. People asked why aren't you drinking. I said because it was becoming too much of a crutch. I don't want to depend on anything for happiness or to cure a bad day. Then, one by one, they started to tell me about their drinking stories and how much they drink, but that they could NEVER quit. They need it too much with this job.
    I just nodded, because I used to think that too. We are all on our own journey, so I don't judge. I did notice some were on their third drink when I was leaving. For me, I came home, mopped the floors, made chicken, cleaned the house a little bit. Etc. I was content.

Because one is never enough for me, and two goes down quickly, and then I seem to always want a third.

WELL DONE!!.. I can see u have benefited dramatically and we will too.. i really luv reading these stories especally yours. Thanks for introducing this thread... xo :)
  • Alzzi76
    edited February 2018
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    hey kombucha lovers - are you supposed to shake it and drink that residue at the bottom? asking for a friend

Hello,..

Im not sure if you've been answered or not, i was waiting for someone else to. I feel ive said to much here. :| but i did like leaving people hanging.. i don't share it bcoz itll spray every where when u open it. But i mix it as i go and yeah... it's really good for u.

Btw u have an interesting lots of books u read.. ;)