Need help losing

Options
Does anyone have a weight loss plan that is easy to follow? I need to lose 50 lbs but it’s hard for me to stay on a rigid diet.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Get a reasonable calorie goal (MFP will set one for you). Log accurately and consistently hit that calorie goal.
  • lutzbenita
    lutzbenita Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you both!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I agree that a restrictive diet is no good. There are no "bad" foods, just foods that are better choices for your body than others. I feel more energetic eating a 2-egg broccoli scramble than three pancakes, for instance. An egg is around 74 calories, if I remember correctly. Anyway, I paid more attention to eating vegetables and fruits instead of pizza, but I did incorporate carbs like rice and potatoes because I just am not into denying myself regular food. I also occasionally budgeted a piece of pie or a couple cookies into my daily calorie budget, because I was able to still lose weight using MFP logging and keeping a daily calorie deficit. Good luck!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    z3dreamer wrote: »
    Some have had success with just not eating anything that has a list of ingredients on the box. Combine this with "If it's white, it ain't right." In other words, no pasta, rice, bread, potato - which are all carbs.

This means eat all the fresh veggies you want. And all meats in reasonable quantities. But keep in mind that sauces have ingredients on the label so they are out.

And that's a big ol' nope from me.
  • z3dreamer
    z3dreamer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    DevilsFan1 wrote: »
    Some have had success with just not eating anything that has a list of ingredients on the box. Combine this with "If it's white, it ain't right." In other words, no pasta, rice, bread, potato - which are all carbs.

You obviously don't exercise regularly or train because going without carbs is a horrible idea if you do. Carbohydrates are the body's primary energy source which our body stores as glycogen and uses to do work. I eat carbs every day and I've lost twelve pounds in ten weeks while strength training four to five times a week.

My cardio meets or exceeds just about anyone in my age group. I believe that if your goal is to be a body builder you are going to need lots of glycogen. But if weight loss is the primary goal, not so much.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP -read through some of the stickied Most Helpful Forum Posts for advice on how to best use this site and how to successfully achieve your goals. This one in particular is really good, as are the links embedded within it.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

This means eat all the fresh veggies you want. And all meats in reasonable quantities. But keep in mind that sauces have ingredients on the label so they are out.

This seems unnecessarily complicated given that all it takes is a deficit to lose weight. You can do this while eating foods that come in a box or foods that are white or even sauces.