Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Happy Fabulous Friday Ladies!!!! Let's get out there and get it done today!!!
  • yogastrongmama
    yogastrongmama Posts: 37 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    kandfj wrote: »
    I’m a long time mfp user, and am extremely active, but struggle on the food side. Also a working mom. Would love to join the group to get (and give!) motivation and accountability. This is also my first time using the discussion forums, so trying to figure out how it works... how do I add people, when I do, where do you see the activity? Look forward to connecting and supporting!

You've described me perfectly! Haha. Food is good. Thank gd I love to exercise!
    That said, ALWAYS looking for buddies to hold me accountable! :)
    41 in a little more than a month!
  • alklim
    alklim Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    “Everyone must chose one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret” - Jim Rohn. This weekend, let’s chose the pain of discipline, and start Monday with no regrets!
  • TokiDokiGirl12
    TokiDokiGirl12 Posts: 73 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I’m 44, weigh 170 and trying to get back down to 130. I have been successful in the past with MFP and lost the weight, but with work and being a mom to an active 7 year old, the weight has crept back up on me. Looking for motivation! Please add me if you’re looking for support and encouragement along the way.
  • misosoupaha
    misosoupaha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I'm 40 and have about 25 to lose, feel free to add me!
  • SandraScala
    SandraScala Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 46 and have put back 14 lbs it is a struggle, but with help I know I can get back to where I am happy. I would love to add all of you to my friends, but don't know how. Still new to posting on MFP even though I've used it for almost 2 years.
  • mjh4cwh1
    mjh4cwh1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and have been on and off of MFP. Lost and gained it back too! So frustrating. Would like to lose 15 pounds! Would love to have new friends to go through this with me!
  • Boxn_n_Bellydancn
    Boxn_n_Bellydancn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 46 and have put back 14 lbs it is a struggle, but with help I know I can get back to where I am happy. I would love to add all of you to my friends, but don't know how. Still new to posting on MFP even though I've used it for almost 2 years.

Lol. I was here about 5 years before I even realized there was a community!

• ChichiVilla
    ChichiVilla Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’ll be 46 tomorrow. I started MFP 2 years ago when I wanted to lose 10lbs. I didn’t understood how to work with it stopped working out and gained 10lbs instead of losing 10lbs. Would love to join the group for motivation! Working on losing 15lbs not 20lbs, Have been working out since the year started, haven’t lost a pound yet, and that makes me lose motivation. Some days are harder than others, but at least I am fighting.
  • Loriclark777
    Loriclark777 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    Im almost 41 and I want to lose about 30lbs. I could really use support and motivation. Good luck everyone on this difficult and adventurous journey!
    Feel free to add me
  • ChichiVilla
    ChichiVilla Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am not sure how this group works. It looks I am a member, but all I see is people replying they want to be in the group. When do we get to see the discussions in the group?
  • sassy1fp
    sassy1fp Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    40s here feel free to add me.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi, I am not sure how this group works. It looks I am a member, but all I see is people replying they want to be in the group. When do we get to see the discussions in the group?

I wonder this too sometimes. A few people from this thread have friended me so we are active on our walls. Aside from that I'm not sure what's going on. I think someone made an actual group along the way but I don't know if anyone here is active. Let's get this one going.

So, I've been going up and down the same two pounds the last couple weeks. It was annoying but I think it's going down now. Maybe tmi... I was only pooping every other day instead of every day like I normally do. Went plenty today so maybe it will go back to normal too now. Lol. I want to stay the course of 1-1.25/pounds a week from here on out.

I made an awesome pizza last night with the two ingredient bagel recipe. So yummy.

Worked out 6 days this week, lifting and cardio. This upcoming week I have a lot of appointments so I'm hoping to get at least 5 days at the gym if not more. I have to go for a biopsy Thursday due to an abnormal pap last month. Yuck.

How is everyone else doing? Do you guys have this page bookmarked so you'll know when people reply?
  • melissa6771
    Options
    Well, I'm closer to 40 than not (turn 40 this summer).

Most of my life I was pretty active, fairly fit, and weight wasn't much of an issue. If it creeped up I just had to cut back on things like fast food and soda, and whoosh, I'd be fine.

Then, in my early 30s got the dreaded "desk job." I wasn't used to having to make "extra" time for working out, so, well, I didn't. I didn't change my eating habits, either, as I was pretty "healthy" in general. Needless to say, the weight crept on until I reached an all time high in the summer of 2015 at ~163 pounds. Even my fattest work pants wouldn't fit no matter how uncomfortable I was willing to be.

Started counting calories and eventually macros, and by the end of October that year, lost about 20 of the nearly 40 pounds I had gained. About that time my racing was starting to make progress and my lack of fitness was an issue, so I started back to the gym with more dedication and a willingness to "embrace the suck." I put on a few pounds, then slowly the weight was dropping throughout the next year. It was a slow drop, but things were headed in the right direction and I was in the very low 140s dipping into the 130s.

Then, on 12/3/16 I got a tib/fib pilon fracture - that led to 3 months of being completely NWB on that leg, a subsequent 4 surgeries, 1 infection, and all of the stress and complications that come with trying to keep your leg attached to your body. Add in that pilon fractures - well, they suck.

Most of the summer last year walking was a challenge, but I was on my bike anyways (only think keeping me sane through all of this). Watching my food and counting calories just wasn't important - I knew I'd pay for it, and frankly, I didn't care. It wasn't a priority.

Finally, by November I was able to return to the gym on a slowly built up plan I worked with my trainer to develop (originally the "workouts" were just at home to get me started). A month ago I was finally able to return to an intense training program.

I'm still seeing progress on my leg, that's still a daily battle and will be for another year before it reaches its "new normal."

Back to counting calories, but mostly focusing on a recomp rather than weight loss right now as fitness is far more important for the upcoming race season than a few extra pounds.

Stats:
    5'7"
    CW: ~155
    GW: ~128-131 (may be adjusted up if I'm happy with my bf at a higher weight)

Your current weight is my goal weight. Lol
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Melissa, I've made pizzas now twice from that 2 ingredient dough, too. It's awesome, isn't it?! Makes me feel like I'm being "bad"!
  • melissa6771
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @suzyjmcd2

I posted this in the recipe thread. It was amazing! I made the pizza sauce from taste of home. It was good and easy.

0x1l6ql7s8fx.png
    27lmvo1dr4f7.jpg
  • suzyjmcd2
    suzyjmcd2 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Looks delish!
  • willow00
    willow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, joining this group has really helped me get my motivation back! I managed 6 days of exercise last week & this week and I might be imagining it, but my pants feel a little looser!!!
    I’m looking for some ideas on how to keep drinking water in colder weather. I’m really struggling to get those glasses in!
    I’m also wondering if anyone has high protein snack ideas? I’m finding a piece of fruit just isn’t cutting it as an afternoon snack and I come home and start snacking. (I’m one of those people who’s always hungry!)
    This is a great community of women. Looking forward to motivating each other to keep moving :smile:
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My go-to for a high protein snack is a hard boiled egg - it really holds off cravings for me.