Your best tips for weight loss

Let's share your best tips for weight loss. After tracking weighing and measuring, what's a great tip for others that are working on losing weight?

My tip for eating out: Look at the menu ahead of time and decide what you will order. You may make a better choice if you select something when you aren't hungry. Many smaller restaurants have their menus on Facebook.

Replies

• kpendleton19
    kpendleton19 Posts: 24 Member
    I agree! Looking up the menu ahead of time really does work. I like to start logging in calories of what i'm going to eat before we get to the restaurant.

I also think that me doing Intermittent Fasting 16:8 helped me lose weight. Im more mindful of what I put in my mouth and knowing I only have 8 hrs eating time makes me eat food that are satiating.

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    chromium pocolinate and platejoy.com and mfp of course
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    I made up recipes that support my goals, logged them, and use them. Some are old favorites that I reworked. Pasta and meat sauce: now Muir Glen garden style pasta sauce, lean ground beef with plenty of Mrs. Dash, and Birds Eye Zucchini Lentil Pasta which, because it’s all vegetables, counts lower carbs than pasta.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    GoRun2 wrote: »
    I order salad dressing on the side at restaurants. I dip my fork in the dressing and then stab the salad. This way I get just a taste of dressing with my salad for not that many calories.

I do the same thing! :smiley:
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    As others have mentioned, plan ahead what you would be ordering before eating out and lift weights! Since I started eating clean, I don't crave junk food like I used to.
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Weigh food. Log food. Exercise (cardio and strength training). Repeat.
  • jog1111
    jog1111 Posts: 7 Member
    Fit “treats” into your calorie count every day. A lot of your favorite foods can fit into your calorie budget if you make small substitutions or have smaller portions.
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Drink water, it takes the edge off your appetite.