40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast: Beast Up: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Quick stupid run.

1a1j9nn0ldfy.png
    vjhh5jznaw44.png
    4ddplg0fizdh.png
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Well last Saturday was the 90 cardio-a-thon at the dojo, supporting Kids Kicking Cancer. Talk about kicking butt! Hardest workout ever. They had guest instructors, some MMA guys, Chad LaPrise, Sam Stout, Mark Hominick and Leo Louks..two minute warm up and then 90 minutes of 2 minutes on, 1 minutes rest. they raised over $11,000! This week was back to usual. Four cardio kickboxing classes, self defence and kettlebell, wish we had more than one kettlebell class a week, hard to make gains.

yox7dgf1c456.jpg
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Quick stupid run.

1a1j9nn0ldfy.png
    vjhh5jznaw44.png
    4ddplg0fizdh.png

You love your running, lol!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Day 38 - Cardio Flow 80 Day Obsession"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Quick stupid run.

1a1j9nn0ldfy.png
    vjhh5jznaw44.png
    4ddplg0fizdh.png

You love your running, lol!

First I’ve run since the Rocky Run back in November. At least it was trails and hills. The plain road is boring.
    Could’ve counted that for today’s cardio, buuut nooooo, I had to try that 80 day obsession. That was deceptively hard. Tired now, but still kept my Pokémon streak going. Back to the couch now.

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Got to the Y and every treadmill was in use. People were lining up. But as usual, no takers for the rower! So I hopped on for a nice 30 minutes. But I still had to train, so then I found an empty treadmill and ran for 3 miles. More than I expected to do, but now I can have tonight’s Chinese food and still maintain my deficit!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    @tbishop1009 - Welcome, and Wow! What a loss in ten months! congrats.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Some drunk POS rear ended my 24 yo daughter 23 February. Car totaled but daughter doesn't appear to have broken parts. Very sore and we'll see how she does over time. Drunk never slowed down as daughter was stopped at a red light. Impact drove her across six lanes of traffic but noone hit her again.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm done being stunned and now I'm just angry.
  • CyndeeLou99
    CyndeeLou99 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 40 +. I'm trying to have a healthier lifestyle. I got off track for a few years after a hard divorce. I'm using the 3/4 of the plate veggies or fruits and making sure I stay under my mfp calorie goal. I also added interval treadmill work 5 days a week. I don't own a scale, so I'm just going off how my clothes fit and i think I'm down a size. Feel free to friend me.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "22 Minute Hard Corps: Cardio 1" & "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • cadpro78
    cadpro78 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well it appears I am the younger of the bunch in here, but not by much. I'm 39, will be 40 in August though.

I started working out about 2 years ago and so far lost about 45lbs and now I'm at 199-201 the scale says anyway. I do have my moments that required junk food - I think they are called cravings? lol But I do work out 2 or 3 times a week averaging roughly 600-800 cals burned on different cardio methods.

However, I have lupus, yes that's right usually women have lupus, but men can have it too. Anyway, to make a long story short, I am using several meds but it doesn't affect how I live my life. But, I have been in remission with meds for about 15-20 years now and feeling great.

Thats about all I can tell for now. Looking forward to hearing and becoming cyber-friends with many of you.
  • BettyM1017
    Options

Are you doing the Workout of the Day?
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Interval Week! That was a good workout. Unfortunately, allergies and allergy medication really slowed me down today. I have time for a nice easy recovery run before heading to work. It's definitely going to be slow. We just need a good hard rain to get this pollen of the trees and I'll be fine.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    BettyM1017 wrote: »

Are you doing the Workout of the Day?
    I did yesterday, for the cardio. my Spartan teammate started 22 min HC today...but I still have this last week of "BEAST UP".

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    sorry, allenpriest - that sounds very scary! I am glad that injuries were not worse, but my goodness these sorts of things need not happen at all!! Drunk driving has been horrifically WRONG for, oh, 100 years....sheesh.

Humans really are horrible.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Some drunk POS rear ended my 24 yo daughter 23 February. Car totaled but daughter doesn't appear to have broken parts. Very sore and we'll see how she does over time. Drunk never slowed down as daughter was stopped at a red light. Impact drove her across six lanes of traffic but noone hit her again.

I’m so glad she seems to be OK. That’s terrifying!

Had to give an all-day training today using unfamiliar technology. Anxious and exhausted. Then got a call from the school principal about my youngest child. Angry and disappointed. It’s the perfect storm for overeating and bailing on exercise, which I didn’t make time to do this morning. Instead, I threw a basic dinner in the oven and went out for a run. Watched the sun set. Hubs had a vodka and soda ready for me when I walked through the door. I feel better now AND I have a few calories to spare for dessert.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I must say I just had an AWESOME weekend. Opening weekend at the track for us, and we were out at Sonoma Raceway. Everything I was doing over the winter paid off big time, and my bad leg? Felt like it does on any other day, which is a massive improvement over where it was at the end of last season (early November). That alone made the hours in the gym, and all the early mornings really feel worthwhile.

Photo (that I'm buying, just waiting on the photog to send it to me) from yesterday:
    gotbluemilk.com/2018/February/180225PTT/K/i-zs8QGWw/A