25 lbs by April Fools w spreadsheet

Options

Replies

• JustKeepSwimming2008
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    As to your plateau maybe try eating close to maintenance for a few days then go back to your deficit. That works for some.

^I agree
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Down 7 since the start. I appreciate the accountability of this challenge!
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    Options
    I feel that this challenge has helped me to be more accountable too. I started the first of the year at 198.8. As of Monday's weigh in, I'm at 182.8. I feel like I'm past the 'withdraws' or cravings for sweets and junk (I haven't had any junk food or diet sodas since Jan. 1st). Now craving healthy foods...I want more veggies!

Some of the things that I've noticed have helped me:

▪I log all of my exercise and intake on MFP daily...No exceptions. 1350-1600 calories/day depending on how much I exercise.
    ▪I have drastically reduced the amount of added sugar/artifical sweeteners in my diet. With the exception of natural sugars, such as fruits, I try to stay under 15g per day max.
    ▪Stick to whole/not highly processed foods. Lots of whole grains, lean proteins, fruits and veggies.
    ▪Always bring my lunch to work. I work as an RN on a busy Neuro floor and sometimes it's almost impossible to take a break. So I try to make sure I have fruit, nuts, or a protein shake available to snack on throughout the day so I'm not going 12+hrs without eating like I did before. This has helped me not binge eat (go through a fast food drive-thru) when my shift it over.
    ▪Meal planning and prepping for the week. Helps me to avoid making bad choices that I will later regret.
    ▪Try to put just as much emphasis and commitment on scheduling (and completing) my workouts as I do going to work at the hospital. If I'm scheduled, get it done! No excuses. Period.
    ▪I try to incorporate a variety of things into my exercise routine such as strength training, working on my C25K training, hiking, cross country skiing, even my old school Tae Bo DVDs. Lol. 3-5 day/week.
    ▪As much as it may feel like it at times, its not the end of the world, 'throw in the towel', if I don't lose 2+ lbs EVERY week. That's just not realistic no matter how much I want it to be! I didn't gain it that quickly, and its going to take time and effort to get rid of it too. I'd rather not be talking about losing and gaining these same pounds back a year from now. Trying to do this the right way and keep it off!

These are some of the things I've found that have really helped me on this journey. I would love to hear what is helpful for you guys too!
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Tolamarie! Congratulations on your weight loss success! <3 I really enjoyed the video in your post. Makes it hard to justify not getting 30 minutes of exercise in daily. I love the recipe builder option on MFP too. I've made many of my favorite meals (only healthier versions) using this tool.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    My weight is 257.6 today.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    stella7x7 wrote: »
    My weight is 257.6 today.

Added.
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options
    Well, after no loss last week, the scale finally started moving again...down 1.2 lbs this week.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I'm down again this week... 14.2 lb gone total... Only 10.8 pounds left to meet the 25 pound goal!

Too bad so many people signed up and only weighed in once or twice and clogged up the columns on the spreadsheet making it so huge compared to how many people are actually actively updating.
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Finally able to check in! I was on vacation two Mondays ago (I did not weigh-in as I did not have a scale available), and this past Monday, I was sick with the stomach flu. I'm not even sure what my weight was before this as it appears I didn't update even three weeks ago... so I am putting my weight in for these three Mondays as my current weight, which is up 2 lbs. I have been having a pretty tough time. The past month, I was very depressed and my eating habits were horrible - so I think today's weight is actually down, but I can't tell for sure since I honestly gave up for a while. I still appreciate being able to come here and see the words of encouragement and feel like I am not alone in my journey/struggle. Keep up the amazing work, my friends, and please say a prayer/send some positive vibes my way. <3<3
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I'm down again this week... 14.2 lb gone total... Only 10.8 pounds left to meet the 25 pound goal!

Too bad so many people signed up and only weighed in once or twice and clogged up the columns on the spreadsheet making it so huge compared to how many people are actually actively updating.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

I agree with you about the spreadsheet. They may still come in and post a weight at the end, but I wish there was some way in Excel to shuffle those columns with little data in them to the end.
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Well I just learned something. I haven't been entering my weight for this challenge anywhere but here. I am on the second sheet. I notice today someone took out the extra lines and I'm not sure if it was that or else someone accidentally changed my weights, but I can see the last couple of weeks are different from what they were when I entered my weight this morning. I will start entering these weights on the check-ins of MFP, but letting others know in case they have only been entering weights here, that it is possible someone else may inadvertently change them.
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options
    Glad to see everyone is having a successful week. 5 weeks to go!
  • karietate
    karietate Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this!! Seeing everyone’s progress is such a motivation for me. I’m started yesterday @ 197.1. Adding myself to the spreadsheet and look forward to hearing all of the success stories
  • Merlotmom16
    Merlotmom16 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Down 10.8 since the start! Started with my weight loss doctor last week on Thursday and in only 5 days I've lost 4.6. Doing two shakes, 1 meal replacement bar and a 550 cal meal and 30 minutes of cardio 5x/week. I feel so much better. I lost 42 on my own but now I am really feeling the effort pay off.
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Well my weight for feb. 28th was 259.4
    And march 1st.weight is 258.2
  • StevefromMichigan
    Options
    karietate wrote: »
    I LOVE this!! Seeing everyone’s progress is such a motivation for me. I’m started yesterday @ 197.1. Adding myself to the spreadsheet and look forward to hearing all of the success stories

Welcome!
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    JustKeepSwimming2008 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Went on a 4 hour hike yesterday with my husband. We have several state parks near us and decided to trek out since it was finally warming up (45° F lol) and sunny. Not sure why we thought we'd tackle a 'Difficult' rated trail. But it was fun and we survived! Still quite a bit of snow and I thought I may fall to my death a few times, but we did it! Wore too may layers and we were absolutely soaked with sweat and snow when we got back to the car. My chest HR monitor said I burned 1920 calories during the hike. I decided to log 1400 burned as I thought that was kind of a lot of calories to burn and I didn't want to over shoot. Felt amazing and I can't wait to get back out there! Told my husband we should start training for the Pacific Crest Trail or Appalachian Trail :D He said I'd lost my mind! Lol.