Diet to lose weight plus try build up muscle mass and lower body fat!!

Options
124»

Replies

• StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I say go with what you got, and adjust as you get a better feel for how the system works.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    sflano1271 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    bbell1985 wrote: »

My goal for the moment is weightloss but I dont want to lose any muscle

Eat foods you like, in a deficit, and workout with a progressive lifting routine until you are at or near goal and then reassess. Don't focus on muscle growth at this time, the lifting will be to mitigate muscle loss from the weight cut.

Eat foods you like, in a deficit, and workout with a progressive lifting routine until you are at or near goal and then reassess. Don't focus on muscle growth at this time, the lifting will be to mitigate muscle loss from the weight cut.

But I dont know what to eat unfortunately I need to get my diet right not eat junk etc

CERTAIN FOODS DO NO CREATE WEIGHT LOSS OR MUSCLE GAIN.

Eat food. Log it. Stay in a deficit for weight loss. Lift heavy weights for muscle maintenance.

Sorry guys, haven't finished my coffee yet.

So I can eat anything but just log it so I have to eat 1,840 calories per day so just eat that much calories per day to lose 0.5kg per week.

Yes and no..

If you arent bothered if you are keeping your body healthy you can eat what you like at 1840 and still lose.

Most of us eat a balanced diet and the odd treat for maximum calories for your buck and good health.

Ok im planning on eating a boiled egg with two slices of brown bread toast and tea then for lunch have baked beans and toast and tea then after gym have a whey protein shake and a protein bar then for dinner have a few frozen roasted potatoes with chicken breast and some carrots and peas and maby some turnip then for snack before the night ends have maby a bag of popcorn and bag of lentil curls and a can of coca cola zero

That's sounding substantially better! :)

Keep an eye on the macros (fat, protein especially) in your food diary and tweak it over time to do well - no need to obsess, just move in healthier directions over time that also keep you full and happy.

My calories is 1,840 to lose 0.5kg per week my macros are 230g for carbs, 92g for protein and fats are 61g do you think this sounds ok for me ????

I think it's not crazy as a starting point from which you can gradually evolve. If you said how tall you are or what your goal weight is, I missed it. If your goal weight is over 120 pounds or so (as I'm guessing it might be?), I'd suggest gradually working your protein up to 0.8 x healthy goal weight (in pounds) or so, and fats to 0.35-0.45g x healthy goal weight (in pounds). No need to obsess, just work in a good direction, stay satiated & sustainable, get in the varied veggies & fruits. It's a process, for all of us. :)

I am 5 foot 9inches tall and im 28 years old and im 95kg at the moment

I'd suggest working toward around 130g or so of protein, which would be around 25-30%. I'd drop the carb percent as needed to balance. Please understand, this is just my opinion!

Again, it's a direction to work in, not an immediate necessity. Keep it achievable and balanced, you need your veggies and fruits, too!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options

But I dont know what to eat unfortunately I need to get my diet right not eat junk etc

Eat food. Log it. Stay in a deficit for weight loss. Lift heavy weights for muscle maintenance.

So I can eat anything but just log it so I have to eat 1,840 calories per day so just eat that much calories per day to lose 0.5kg per week.

Yes and no..

If you arent bothered if you are keeping your body healthy you can eat what you like at 1840 and still lose.

Most of us eat a balanced diet and the odd treat for maximum calories for your buck and good health.

Ok im planning on eating a boiled egg with two slices of brown bread toast and tea then for lunch have baked beans and toast and tea then after gym have a whey protein shake and a protein bar then for dinner have a few frozen roasted potatoes with chicken breast and some carrots and peas and maby some turnip then for snack before the night ends have maby a bag of popcorn and bag of lentil curls and a can of coca cola zero

Keep an eye on the macros (fat, protein especially) in your food diary and tweak it over time to do well - no need to obsess, just move in healthier directions over time that also keep you full and happy.

My calories is 1,840 to lose 0.5kg per week my macros are 230g for carbs, 92g for protein and fats are 61g do you think this sounds ok for me ????

I think it's not crazy as a starting point from which you can gradually evolve. If you said how tall you are or what your goal weight is, I missed it. If your goal weight is over 120 pounds or so (as I'm guessing it might be?), I'd suggest gradually working your protein up to 0.8 x healthy goal weight (in pounds) or so, and fats to 0.35-0.45g x healthy goal weight (in pounds). No need to obsess, just work in a good direction, stay satiated & sustainable, get in the varied veggies & fruits. It's a process, for all of us. :)

My goal weight is 65kg to 70kg

In that case, 25% protein is probably OK, too - around 115g. Some people, find protein satiating; if you do, more of that is OK. I'd try to keep fats at least 55g+ (more if that is OK, too, if that's satiating instead), and use carbs to balance. You can vary the fruits/veg to higher or lower carb choices to work it all out.

Evolution, gradually. Keep it achievable, enjoyable, practical!
  • sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options

Yes and no..

My goal weight is 65kg to 70kg

In that case, 25% protein is probably OK, too - around 115g. Some people, find protein satiating; if you do, more of that is OK. I'd try to keep fats at least 55g+ (more if that is OK, too, if that's satiating instead), and use carbs to balance. You can vary the fruits/veg to higher or lower carb choices to work it all out.

Evolution, gradually. Keep it achievable, enjoyable, practical!

Thanks ☺
  • sflano1271
    sflano1271 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Im going to eat what ever I like to eat and still be in a calorie deficit no point in eating foods that I dont like not gona work that way unfortunately.