WAISTING A-WEIGH - AUGUST TEAM CHALLENGE ((CLOSED GROUP))

Options

Replies

• shevyface
    Options
    Alright push ups! I say that sarcastically, I hate them. Good luck everyone!
  • MiriF
    MiriF Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have sore abs? I am not sure if it was the situps or the burpees -- or maybe I did something really wrong. :D

I am doing my pushups in sets because of it - being in plank is making my belly really scream!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I have sore abs too--for me I'm pretty sure it was the sit-ups!! I thought today was the squat lunges....I'm glad I checked before doing them. I've done the Jillian Michaels DVDs and I'm doing Chalean Extreme now, so I am VERY, VERY familiar with push-ups--doesn't mean I love them....

Sorry--don't remember who wrote this--but our team member who attended her sister's restaurant opening--I think you showed incredible restraint! The fact that you were able to have some of what you wanted but to keep the bigger picture in mind was inspirational. You chose happy AND healthy!!

The drive-in is a blast!!! We go a couple of times each summer. It's not the best way to watch a movie if you're a purist 'cause there are distractions but to go see something like "Cowboys and Aliens", it's wonderful. Go. go. go!!!!

I wanted to say thank you to everyone--I haven't been and stayed this motivated for this long (and yes, I know we only started on Mon, so you can imagine my success had stalled out) for quite a few months. I'm choosing differently knowing that other people are counting on me. Hopefully, I'll eventually be able to make those better choices just for myself, but in the meantime, it's working!!!

Have a great day!!!!
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    I have never been more happy for a friday!! HOLY MOLY!!! can't wait to just kick the last couple days out and have a relaxing sunday!!!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    My week just gets worse day by day. Today I'm really not feeling well and ready to give up on the whole thing. I didn't go to the gym like I usually do but I did my push ups at work. Haha. I don't think I will have weight loss this week and that is sorta frustrating! I hope everything will go back to normal next week.

ALSO!!! Don't weigh in until Sunday!!!
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    just wondering what squat lunges are, can't really find anything that makes it clear, hope we are all ready for the last day!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    Alright ladies! It's the last day of week 1!!! Today's challenge: 25 squat lunges. I'm not EXACTLY sure what they are, but here's a video showing what we're going to do!! http://www.ehow.com/video_2351882_squat-lunge-combo-exercise.html If you have a kettlebell, you can use that for a little extra UMPH!

Now remember, tomorrow is a day of REST, but you still have work to do. I will need you to weigh in and send me a MESSAGE with the following information:

BEGINNING WEIGH IN: XXX
    MONDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    TUESDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    WEDNESDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    THURSDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    FRIDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    SATURDAY: COMPLETED/NOT COMPLETED
    UNDER CALORIES EVERY DAY: YES/NO
    LOGGED 64+ OZ. OF WATER EVERY DAY: YES/NO
    ENDING WEIGH IN: XXX

Remember to BE HONEST! No one is going to see this but me. We all have our share of slips and we shouldn't be embarrassed. I'm looking forward to seeing who our big "LOSER" for the week is!!!

LET'S KICK IT!
    GO TEAM WAISTIN' A-WEIGH!!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    sorry to be really picky, but is it 25 for each leg?
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    got the lunges in--did 25 for each leg. don't know about staying under calories--I'll really try--it's my son's birthday party which I have to get ready for so no time for workout...blah, blah.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for the weigh in tomorrow....
    go team go!!!
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    i've done 5 on each leg so far and it's getting really hard, did a 4 mile leslie sansone this morning so my leg are already saying they've had enough, think i should have done these first

good luck everyone for the weigh in tomorrow
  • shevyface
    Options
    Did the weigh in and sent in my weekly sheet thing. Down 1.6 lbs! Good luck on the weigh-in today, team!
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    GIRLS!!! DON'T FORGET TO GET ME YOUR WEIGH INS AND THE REST OF THE INFORMATION TODAY!!! I'll compile it all by the end of the day and give you all point totals and team pounds lost! :)
  • shevyface
    Options
    Felt like I've overdone the 1,200 calories today but I've not worked out yet though so I guess I'm doing good! Happy week 2 everyone
  • ashkas2
    ashkas2 Posts: 32
    Options
    so what was the thing about 100 miles? is that supposed to be done in one week??
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    so what was the thing about 100 miles? is that supposed to be done in one week??

I think all of us combined are supposed to do 100 miles! It's a team effort!
  • lhurtubise
    lhurtubise Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I walked the silver comet trail yesterday with my kids! It's 4.2 miles each way so check off 8.4 miles for our team! I definitely plan to do some more walking tomorrow. It's raining today :mad: Great job team! Everyone keep up the great work!
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    I had to have two teeth pulled on Monday and have not felt like doing the exercises. Hopefully i will be able to start back on the program today.
  • bubblesburst80
    Options
    just a quick hi to everyone, hope you are all doing well, i am still around just can't get near the comp with the kids off school and horrible weather
    i'm keeping notes of my miles as well as everything else, will get them all to you by the end of the week
  • Hoteffinmess
    Options
    dkjohnson - sorry to hear about having teeth pulled. I can TOTALLY understand!! Welcome back!
  • dkjohnson
    Options
    Had two teeth pulled on Monday so I did not feel well. Started on my Challenges today.
    50 squat kicks completed
    20 swimmer's presses completed
    50 ab crunches completed
    one extra mile completed
    50 mountain climbers completed