February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

Yaaay! I made my modest goal. Now to up it for March before my HM at the JD distillery in April.

So should I post March's Challenge today or wait till tomorrow?

Congratulations on the goal!

I say post today. I like seeing the stalkers newbies!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 Sorry about your trip! :(
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I do have a smart phone and use the Nike App for tracking. I am also toying with treating myself to a watch, narrowed it down to either a Fitbit Ionic or Garmin 935 (the Garmin with the leading edge thanks to you & others here!)

@juliet3455 I actually do have a backpack that I have set up for running/cycling/duathlons, with stuff in it from towels to medical to duct tape to extra undies. I used up the sun screen a few months ago & have forgotten to replace it, however, got a few samples there at the Expo that I promptly put in right in the pocket! And I usually always try to get to events a few hours before start times. This is my 4th year running Gasparilla & have NEVER run into this problem, usually I pull into the 1st parking lot & get a spot. Have NO idea why this year it was different.

My mum asked me the next day if I had "fun". Fun? No. Will I do it again next year? Oh Ya!!

And it's crazy, but I DO kinda look forward to the little badges on this Nike app. Yesterday's run, I earned "Farthest Run:, "Longest Run", the Silver Milestone (25 miles in a month) AND I beat Saturday for my "Fastest 5K"! Oh, and I so totally negative splitted! Oh ya!

Feb: 25 miles

2/2 - 2.1 miles
    2/3 - 2.15 miles
    2/5 - 2.41 miles
    2/7 - 2.44 miles
    2/12 - 2.5 miles
    2/15 - 2.55 miles
    2/20 - 2.75 miles
    2/22 - 2.76 miles
    2/24 - 3.19 miles
    2/26 - 3.65 miles - 28.3 run, 3.3 OVER!

Races:
    2/17 - Susan B Komen Race For the Cure 5K DNS
    2/24 - Gasparilla 5K - 44:52, 14.03

Yearly goal: 200 miles - Jan 17.61 - 28.3= 154.09 to run!

If you get a garmin you can connect it to your nike running app and still get the badges and track your shoes. Fitbit does not sync with nike.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 fantastic race report, pictures and video. Super job!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @7lenny7 fantastic race report, pictures and video. Super job!!

Agreed! I am trying to decide if I am jealous or if I think your nuts! Either way...super impressive!
  • lporter229
    Options
    hjeppley wrote: »
    @7lenny7 That looks like quite the epic race! I am afraid that is what my 50K in 3.5 weeks is going to look like.... I water walked and did my body weight exercises on Monday (and foam rolled while watching a movie at night with my son). This morning I did my first circuit training class (a lot of cross fit and body weight type exercises) and then ran 5 miles in the Nature Park (the weather is fantastic here today). I'm hoping that the classes for the strength stuff will be more motivating than trying to do it on my own.

Feb 1 Ran 6.0 mi + stretching
    Feb 2 Water walking
    Feb 3 Ran 10.2 mi + stretching + foam rolling
    Feb 4 Ran 18 mi + stretching + foam rolling
    Feb 5 Water walking
    Feb 6 Ran 4.5 mi + stretching
    Feb 7 Ran 8.0 mi + yoga+ stretching + foam rolling + strength
    Feb 8 Ran 4.0 mi + PT +stretching
    Feb 9 Water walking
    Feb 10 Ran 10.0 mi + yoga + foam rolling + stretching
    Feb 11 Ran 17 ish miles + foam rolling + stretching
    Feb 12 Water walking + foam rolling + stretching
    Feb 13 Ran 4.0 mi
    Feb 14 Ran 8.6 mi fast + PT
    Feb 15 Ran 4.0 mi + foam rolling
    Feb 16 Rest day (somewhat unintentional)
    Feb 17 Ran 6.0 mi on trails + yoga
    Feb 18 Ran 20.0 mi on muddy trails + foam rolling + stretching
    Feb 19 Rest + foam rolling + body weight exercises
    Feb 20 Ran 3.5 mi (intervals + cadence work + a little barefoot running)
    Feb 21 Unintentional rest day + yoga + body weight exercises
    Feb 22 Ran 5.5 mi (intervals + cadence work + a little barefoot running)
    Feb 23 Water walking + body weight exercises
    Feb 24 Ran 6.5 mi + yoga
    Feb 25 Ran 21.0 mi + foam rolling + stretching
    Feb 26 Water walking + body weight exercises + foam rolling
    Feb 27 Ran 5.0 mi + circuit training class + foam rolling

Feb goal: 140 mi
    Done: 161.8 mi
    To go: 0!

Finished races:
    Winter Night Trail Half Marathon Jan 20

Upcoming races:
    Spring Fling 10K Mar 3
    OPSF 50/50 50K Mar 24
    Bound the Mound Half Marathon (trail) Apr 9 (rescheduled because of flooding)

2018 Spring Plan:
    DINO Eagle Creek 15K Apr 7
    April 28 Glacial Esker 20 mi Apr 28
    DINO Muscatuck 15K May 5
    DWD Gnawbone Marathon May 19
    DINO Brown County 15K Jun 2
    8 h @ Brown County Jun 16-17
    DINO Griffin Park 15K Jun 23

Big goal for the fall: 50 miler before I turn 50

I have to tell you how much I am inspired by your commitment to running, but also to balancing it out with cross training and strengthening and conditioning. You truly are doing what many of us wish we were doing!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I do have a smart phone and use the Nike App for tracking. I am also toying with treating myself to a watch, narrowed it down to either a Fitbit Ionic or Garmin 935 (the Garmin with the leading edge thanks to you & others here!)

@juliet3455 I actually do have a backpack that I have set up for running/cycling/duathlons, with stuff in it from towels to medical to duct tape to extra undies. I used up the sun screen a few months ago & have forgotten to replace it, however, got a few samples there at the Expo that I promptly put in right in the pocket! And I usually always try to get to events a few hours before start times. This is my 4th year running Gasparilla & have NEVER run into this problem, usually I pull into the 1st parking lot & get a spot. Have NO idea why this year it was different.

My mum asked me the next day if I had "fun". Fun? No. Will I do it again next year? Oh Ya!!

And it's crazy, but I DO kinda look forward to the little badges on this Nike app. Yesterday's run, I earned "Farthest Run:, "Longest Run", the Silver Milestone (25 miles in a month) AND I beat Saturday for my "Fastest 5K"! Oh, and I so totally negative splitted! Oh ya!

Feb: 25 miles

2/2 - 2.1 miles
    2/3 - 2.15 miles
    2/5 - 2.41 miles
    2/7 - 2.44 miles
    2/12 - 2.5 miles
    2/15 - 2.55 miles
    2/20 - 2.75 miles
    2/22 - 2.76 miles
    2/24 - 3.19 miles
    2/26 - 3.65 miles - 28.3 run, 3.3 OVER!

Races:
    2/17 - Susan B Komen Race For the Cure 5K DNS
    2/24 - Gasparilla 5K - 44:52, 14.03

Yearly goal: 200 miles - Jan 17.61 - 28.3= 154.09 to run!

If you get a garmin you can connect it to your nike running app and still get the badges and track your shoes. Fitbit does not sync with nike.

There! Done deal. Get the Garmin! :smiley:
  • lporter229
    Options
    @katiejane83 Happy Birthday! Mine is tomorrow, but I would have to run a bit more than 3.5miles ;)
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Thanks @lporter229 ! Happy early birthday to you!