February 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    iofred wrote: »
    Feb 1 - 4.95 miles - Interval, Core, followed with Sarasota Beach run (virtual)
    Feb 3 - 5.44 miles - Interval, Back & Core, followed with Destin Beach (Florida) run (v)
    Feb 4 - 4.35 miles - Floor Core, Interval & Biceps, followed with Liguria (Italy) run (v)
    Feb 5 - 3.1 miles - Caveman special, Interval, Legz & Core
    Feb 6 - 5.14 miles - 4 mile ÞJÓÐVEGUR run (virtual, followed with Interval, Abs & Lower Back
    Feb 7 - 5.15 miles - Interval & Chest, followed with Maria Aurora, Central Luzon (not to be mistaken with Luton :) ))
    Feb 8 - Triple R day
    Feb 9 - 4.1 miles - 3 mile TM run, followed with Interval & Core
    Feb 10 - 4.5 miles - Caveman special - Interval, Arms Superset & Core - unintentional 1.75mile Japan run
    Feb 11 - 2.1 miles - Caveman special - Interval, Shoulders & Core - should have been rest day
    Feb 12 - 4.4 miles - 3.1 mile Aosta, France run, followed with 1.3 mile Interval & Core
    Feb 13 - 3 miles - Caveman special - Interval, Back & Biceps
    Feb 14 - 3.1 miles - short run (Phnom Penh, Cambodia today), followed with Interval & Core
    Feb 15 - 4.5 miles - Interval, Legzzzzz & Core, followed with lunchtime short foot-pod calibration run
    Feb 16 - 3.2 miles - Interval, Chest & Core
    Feb 17 - 4.1 miles - Increased pace Miami Beach (virtual) run, followed with Interval & Core

exercise.png

@ddmom0811 - I know my american friends love talking about how they love their guns and how many they have got, but how far do things need to go before the decision making people wake up and think about people rather than money. Was wondering how close the shooting was to the school you are teaching.

It is in South Florida - so about a 3 1/2 hour drive. I know. I just feel sick for those teachers, students and everyone involved..
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    bride001 wrote: »

3 miles scheduled this morning but I did 4. I had a little extra time, so I added the mile. I felt like I would run another 2-3 this morning. Temperature was 63 F at the start with 100% humidity - so it was hot for February even in South Louisiana.

Every single part of this makes me super jealous after running in the snow this morning!

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,979 Member
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom I'm pretty snotty when I run too. I have started carrying a hankie. It really works better than tissue. I used to think the idea of a hankie was kind of gross (and it is), but tissues get wet and start to disintegrate and it isn't any worse than wiping my nose on my shirt or my arm (which I have done more times than I like to admit).
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @fitoverfortymom I'm pretty snotty when I run too. I have started carrying a hankie. It really works better than tissue. I used to think the idea of a hankie was kind of gross (and it is), but tissues get wet and start to disintegrate and it isn't any worse than wiping my nose on my shirt or my arm (which I have done more times than I like to admit).

I'm a snotty girl too. I usually use a sleeve. :( I've tried tissues before and like you said, they fall apart quickly and then I have little pieces sticking to me.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Has any heard from @JessicaMcB how she did on the ultra on Saturday?
    I've also been wondering about her race.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @rheddmobile Congrats!!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I use bounty paper towels instead of tissues when I run - they don't fall apart, and are plenty absorbent. If I have long sleeves I fold it and tuck it in my sleeve so I can rub my nose on it.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Re: runny noses. This is gross, but I've just accepted that my gloves are getting washed after every run.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Has any heard from @JessicaMcB how she did on the ultra on Saturday?
    I've also been wondering about her race.

Its today. It started like half an hour ago if I remember the start time correctly.