Wow... That had how many calories?!!?

Replies

• berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    A chicken wrap. The packet of dressing that came with it was 350 calories alone. I didn't use all of it, just a squirt. Really bummed me out. The wrap was pretty up there too. Never again!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    The_Ta wrote: »
    Pears = (

I cut up this large pear, weighed it, then proceeded to munch. I went back to log it after I was done eating it.....200+ calories (it was 315g) I double-checked because that just didn’t seem right to me. ::sniff::

Wow that actually is depressing. Didn't know they were that calorie dense!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Pears = (

I cut up this large pear, weighed it, then proceeded to munch. I went back to log it after I was done eating it.....200+ calories (it was 315g) I double-checked because that just didn’t seem right to me. ::sniff::

Wow that actually is depressing. Didn't know they were that calorie dense!

To be fair, that's a really, really big pear. The last pear I had was just 76 calories.
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    All of the above. I'm probably most disappointed since I started counting calories to find a large carrot is over 40 calories! What?!
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Eating out in general floors me. I can eat a day's worth of meals at home and still consume less calories than one meal out.

I'm sorry, I have no empathy for those of you complaining about salads. Stop putting all that dressing on your salad. Yesterday, I had a kale salad with chicken, egg, avocado, cucumber and 1 tbsp of dressing for 460 calories. If you are eating salads that are higher calorie than that then you are doing it wrong.

I can't eat a salad without lot's of dressing. I don't have big salads though, never many items, just generally - lettuce/spinach, onion, mushroom, chicken/tuna/mackeral in sauce, dressing.
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    Pears = (

You weigh your fruit?
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    jrochest wrote: »
    You weigh your fruit?

Why wouldn't you? Fruit counts. As proven by The_Ta's 200+ calorie pear :smile:

For me, pesto. Holy crap. I mean, I knew it would be - it's made of oil, cheese and nuts. But I chose to live in denial. I still eat pesto with my pasta once a week but I actually weigh it now, have a reasonable portion, and don't just dump it on there!

Me too! I can eat that stuff with a spoon!
  • Secretnotes
    Secretnotes Posts: 46 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    twinkit wrote: »
    A serving of mixed veggies at Firebird woodfire grill. 240 calories.

Same at Texas Roadhouse. Seriously, it's insane. People pick veggies to make a better choice, and they drown them in butter...

We went to Texas Roadhouse the other night. I had my meal all planned out (including a Michelob Ultra or two).

The menu said the green beans had 90 calories. What was served was this small bowl of green beans drenched with butter and garnished generously with bacon bits. I didn't eat it since it looked like a scary calorie bomb.

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Leeg5656 wrote: »
    Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownies. One 1" square is 98 calories! Who freaking eats a 1" brownie???!!!

Is that like, one bite of brownie? :s
  • SpanishFusion
    SpanishFusion Posts: 261 Member
    Leeg5656 wrote: »
    Ghirardelli Triple Chocolate Brownies. One 1" square is 98 calories! Who freaking eats a 1" brownie???!!!

Is that like, one bite of brownie? :s

I know, it hurt my heart. I ate it very very slowly and then I brought the pan to work. :(
  • chase7612
    chase7612 Posts: 24 Member
    Pop and Oil.
  • The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    It really was a pretty big pear. It probably wasn’t as high in calories as I recorded because it wasnt fully ripe (hard and barely sweet). I bought two, so you can bet I’m waiting for that sucker to be at full juicy-ness if I’m investing in that many calories!!!!
  • jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Just recently I had a double double (coffee with 2 cream and 2 sugar for all non Canadians out there) hadn't had one is probably about 5 years cause I cut sugar out of my coffee and use milk typically. Well... I nearly dropped my phone when it said 230 cals. No wonder I lost 10lbs when I cut it out of my diet all those years ago, before counting cals.
  • Suly09
    Suly09 Posts: 88 Member
    I love this thread. My biggest shock thus far (day 19 streak) has been coconut flakes. 100+ calories for about 3 tablespoons. Say what?! I used to grab a handful and put it in my smoothie. I have now abandoned my box of coconut flakes. :(
  • jrochest
    jrochest Posts: 119 Member
    jrochest wrote: »
    You weigh your fruit?

Why wouldn't you? Fruit counts. As proven by The_Ta's 200+ calorie pear :smile:

For me, pesto. Holy crap. I mean, I knew it would be - it's made of oil, cheese and nuts. But I chose to live in denial. I still eat pesto with my pasta once a week but I actually weigh it now, have a reasonable portion, and don't just dump it on there!

That's dedication, but it does make sense :)