Brutal Honesty

Replies

• mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    edited February 2018
    jfhrgaybhawn.jpg

basically how I feel after reading about some of the awful, rude, hurtful people mentioned in this thread!
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    yeah, it definitely *kitten* me up for a long time. I thought it was pretty cruel too
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    My husband told me my stomach looked like a stretched out marshmallow and not something that could ever belong on a human and he told me many times how it disgusted him. I lost a ton of weight but his words stuck with me and even after hit a 21 BMI, he reminded me several times that I'm a 6/10 now but I would be a lot higher if I had a nice stomach. I felt like *kitten* about myself for a long time then I started working as a stripper and love having guys drool over me every night. I like honesty but its possible to take it too far!

Did you tell him his choice of words puts him firmly at a 0/10? Because that's not "brutal honesty". That's just brutal. I'm sorry he said that to you. :(
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    My husband told me my stomach looked like a stretched out marshmallow and not something that could ever belong on a human and he told me many times how it disgusted him. I lost a ton of weight but his words stuck with me and even after hit a 21 BMI, he reminded me several times that I'm a 6/10 now but I would be a lot higher if I had a nice stomach. I felt like *kitten* about myself for a long time then I started working as a stripper and love having guys drool over me every night. I like honesty but its possible to take it too far!

Wow, calling him a dick would almost be a compliment.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    edited February 2018
    so your husbands meanness and ignorance and abuse drove you to strip? and then enjoy it? that's sad.
  • evilpoptart63
    evilpoptart63 Posts: 397 Member
    I completely agree...the way he made me feel about myself changed the way I looked at him
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »
    so your husbands meanness and ignorance and abuse drove you to strip? and then enjoy it? that's sad.

you can commiserate with someone without shaming sex workers. come on, now.
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    I mean, I understand. When a person is really low sometimes validation from outside can be beneficial in building confidence on the outside but clearly only finding confidence in that outside stimuli is problematic long term.

I hope you find confidence in yourself without having to seek that outside validation, evilpoptart63.

Personally I am very thankful to be with a partner who both encourages me in my weight loss but also never, ever, ever, ever speaks ill of me as I am. He is honest but he is kind.

I do hope if you are still with that particular partner that he learns to be a bit gentler with you (although I'd question being with someone who is so 'honest' that he drives you to seek validation from other men).
  • Sarc_Warrior
    Sarc_Warrior Posts: 430 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »

Ummm yeah? I feel empowered and confident when I dance. I really don't see a problem with it

Good for you. Don't let anybody shame you for your choice of career.
  • AgentFlex
    AgentFlex Posts: 211 Member
    When I first joined this site I had every excuse in the book for why I had gotten heavy, why I didn't have time to exercise, etc. even though I was here starting to log. A friend on here sent me a long winded message that included the words "I don't think you are ready to lose the weight." Not overly harsh, but had a strong impact. Boy did I want to prove her wrong. Lost my 50 pound goal in one year and haven't looked back :) I'd call it a success.