Over 50 and fedup! Looking for friends and motivation!

Options

Replies

• lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am 55 and have over 100 pounds to lose. I started at 275 and am down to 254. Feel free to add me.
  • z3dreamer
    z3dreamer Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    60 here! Lost 87. If (when) I lose another 13 pounds, I will weigh 217.
  • AprilTuttle1
    AprilTuttle1 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    soon to be 55 here. Joined Weight Watchers -- AGAIN -- and I've gained! My pic shows me sleeveless, and I HATE to go sleeveless with arms the size of young women's thighs. My goal is realistic at 175 (for now). I'm hovering around 210 and cannot, for the life of me, get into ONEderland. Need help and motivation from meno-sisters.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    54 here and trying the 5:2 intermittent fasting approach. I've lost/re-gained the same 5-8 pounds for too long and need to try a different approach.
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and just started back after some surgery. Feed free to add me!
  • c1ndylouwho1444
    c1ndylouwho1444 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 52, need to lose about 20 pounds, and looking for friends and a support system. I hope you will add me :) Thanks
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    50 here and I have lost 30 lbs so far and have between another 40-50 to go. Feel free to add me. Best wishes for your success :)
  • Johnnyfields
    Johnnyfields Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    50 and loving my lifestyle now krpqw16ytl2c.jpeg
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,274 Member
    Options
    I had a thread on here that I am starting up again for those over 50 I used to run too and had a couple of injuries and trying to build up my exercise as well. I have more to lose than you. I got busy when I went to back to work full time and gained the 40 lbs I lost. Only 2 of us have been posting. I am just trying to eat healthy at home.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/305872/50-with-50-to-lose-group#latest
  • MarcelleA42
    MarcelleA42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm new! I'll be 51 this year. I'm a lapsed distance runner, martial artist, strength trainer and paleo/primal eater. I need to get back on the horse (literally... I haven't felt good enough to ride my horse since last fall). I'd love to make some friends here and help inspire while I get inspired!
  • deneemichele1
    deneemichele1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined and will be 50 this year. I have battled my weight most of my adult life and am down now from 206 to 177. I still have 27 pounds to go and these seem very attached to me. I'd love the support of friends helping each other. Feel free to add me as I have no idea yet how to send friend requests. Thanks!
  • meepmya
    meepmya Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not quite 50, but have 68lbs left to loose , just lost 18lbs but just entering what I am eating and walking a few time a week for 30 minutes
  • sueami1
    sueami1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 53, started tracking and reducing calories Feb 3 after getting bloodwork back that indicated pre-diabetes, have lost 7 pounds so far and am feeling so much better and more sustained energy as a result of the various changes I've made in my diet. For the purposes of improving my blood work, I'm supposed to lose 9-19 pounds. I'm shooting for 25 for aesthetics. Welcome, this is a lovely community with lots of supportive and diverse voices! Oh and feel free to add me.
  • fredgonzini
    fredgonzini Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am starting again on MFP and want to connect with others over 50 or just any one who wants to be friends on this journey!

Let's help each other
    Fredgonzini
  • MelanieSpicegurl
    MelanieSpicegurl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me if you'd like !!
    I'm 48 - Primal plan - slightly active .. lol
  • acnoyes
    acnoyes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    50 here and happy to help inspire and be inspired! Best of luck, everyone!
  • kimlt8
    kimlt8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 next week and I'm fed up too! My profile photo was me 5 years ago, in the best shape of my adult life. I chose it for inspiration so I see it daily when I log on. Since then I've put over 35 lbs on my 5' tall frame. Not healthy! I'd love an accountability/motivation partner if you want to add me.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    There is also an Over 50 group with some pretty supportive people!

• Laurie463
    Laurie463 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I’ll be 55 in April and looking for more support.
  • Skworon
    Skworon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can add me I am 57 will be 58 in a couple months. I have over a 100 pounds to lose. I am taking it one day at a time.