Wow... That had how many calories?!!?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I had the great joy of re-discovering my mother's recipe for banana pudding in time for Christmas 2017. When I made it, I neglected to weigh everything. That doesn't matter. It tasted right.
    Later, I did weigh the various ingredients separately and I did create the recipe in the recipe tool. This is admittedly not an accurate calorie count, but it's close enough to be satisfactory to me.

I found to my surprise that a 1/2 cup serving was only 200 calories. That's similar to premium ice cream. I was expecting more calories.
  • paulbrttn
    paulbrttn Posts: 72 Member
    Pot noodle - 436 calories, I'd eat it as a snack with a slice or 2 of bread. 600 calories as a snack and barely touched the sides.
  • The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    me0231 wrote: »
    I mean are they butter infused and triple deep fried?!

Check to see if those coconut prawns are offered as a full meal as well...it’s possible that those 1500 calories include the prawns AND something like fries and coleslaw.
  • scyler77
    scyler77 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2018
  • Davidaw86
    Davidaw86 Posts: 117 Member
    edited February 2018
    Suly09 wrote: »
    I love this thread. My biggest shock thus far (day 19 streak) has been coconut flakes. 100+ calories for about 3 tablespoons. Say what?! I used to grab a handful and put it in my smoothie. I have now abandoned my box of coconut flakes. :(

When I worked at a grocery store, I couldn't believe the amount of calories that unsweetened dried coconut flakes had in them. 720 calories for only 1 cup! I was floored.

(Sorry about the above post, I didn't realize my fiance was still logged in.)
  • me0231
    me0231 Posts: 218 Member
    The_Ta wrote: »
    me0231 wrote: »
    I mean are they butter infused and triple deep fried?!

Check to see if those coconut prawns are offered as a full meal as well...it’s possible that those 1500 calories include the prawns AND something like fries and coleslaw.

I did check. They come with a steak which clocks in at 2200 calories without any sides! I have no clue what they do to those poor shrimp.
  • The_Ta
    The_Ta Posts: 59 Member
    Good lord! How big was that steak?!?!?
  • me0231
    me0231 Posts: 218 Member
    I don’t know! I just had the 1500 calories in 5 shrimp and aioli. Ridiculous
  • nachak2
    nachak2 Posts: 3 Member
    I ate the insalata Mista at Vapiano. Their website lists ingredients and calories.

Mix of salads, cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, radish, red onion, spring onion and Grana Padano. 82

I enter into MFP and get 485! That is close to their pizza. I can assume that there is extra calories for a tablespoon of dressing, but not 400 of them. It in my calories budget but Im wondering how many other things might be off. I usually cook so list ingredients and add them up. I cant imagine that anything in this salad would be that caloric. There were a few cheese flakes on top. Not even 25% of an ounce. Any ideas?
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    Just had a little bitty kit-kat....210 calories?!!

tiny mini one (43g) is 42 cal
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Trader Joe's Sesame Honey Almonds 28g = 159 cal :frowning:
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    tmoneyag99 wrote: »
    Since logging what is the one food that blew your mind.

I just ate a 1 thousand kCalorie Salad. (Cindy's Barcalona Vinegrette will kill me)

What has surprised you the most.

A Subway sandwich. Over 1k.