March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I've always bought Asics Nimbus. I'm defs looking to make a change. Not sure why I still have anxiety about going to a running store.

Will they hate me if I do the "get fitted for shoes" thing, but then want to buy online? Does that make me an *kitten*?
  • ctlaws44
    ctlaws44 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi all! After 2.5 months out with piriformis syndrome I am now 95% ready. My goal is to stay healthy and run-ready. Let's say 120k for March!

Great to have you back @NikolasKey! Ease back in.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've always bought Asics Nimbus. I'm defs looking to make a change. Not sure why I still have anxiety about going to a running store.

Will they hate me if I do the "get fitted for shoes" thing, but then want to buy online? Does that make me an *kitten*?

I buy if I can when I get fitted and will price shop the next pair. I give the running store a shot second time around, but am not tied to them.

Last pair I bought the cheapest was SportChek. Online was $25 more.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a sun block that doesn't feel nasty when you sweat? It's getting to be racerback weather and I noticed I'm already getting a "runner's tan."

Also, does anyone use lock laces and what's your experience with them? The flat laces which came with my Brooks are driving me berserk - they have no give at all and don't adjust when you move, and I have to practically unlace my shoes to get in and out so I have to try to adjust them perfectly every time. And if I slightly miscalculate my toes fall asleep.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

I buy if I can when I get fitted and will price shop the next pair. I give the running store a shot second time around, but am not tied to them.

This is what I do. I'm ready for a new pair (just completed 400 miles on my shoes last night) and because the shoe I usually wear has been discontinued for a while now, I need to get back to the running store.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Those speed shoes are pretty!!
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options

This is what I do. I'm ready for a new pair (just completed 400 miles on my shoes last night) and because the shoe I usually wear has been discontinued for a while now, I need to get back to the running store.

Ok. Rationally I know this is the right thing to do. Ok. To the store it is.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Yeah, I do the same... :)
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a sun block that doesn't feel nasty when you sweat? It's getting to be racerback weather and I noticed I'm already getting a "runner's tan."

Also, does anyone use lock laces and what's your experience with them? The flat laces which came with my Brooks are driving me berserk - they have no give at all and don't adjust when you move, and I have to practically unlace my shoes to get in and out so I have to try to adjust them perfectly every time. And if I slightly miscalculate my toes fall asleep.

I don't have lock laces on the pair I am running in now, but I've used them in the past and like them. I was actually telling myself this weekend that I needed to get another pair for my current shoes. I think they are more "givey" than regular laces.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »

I don't have lock laces on the pair I am running in now, but I've used them in the past and like them. I was actually telling myself this weekend that I needed to get another pair for my current shoes. I think they are more "givey" than regular laces.

What are lock laces?
  • fitoverfortymom
    Options

Yeah, I do the same... :)

I need to get trail shoes and I'm at 300+ miles on my road shoes, so i can at least get my trail shoes in store and then have a sense of what my other road shoes options are. I love the Nimbus, but kind of want to try something different. I like the cushioning, but want less drop.