Women in their 40s!

Options

Replies

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    At work, we get extra money in our HSA if we meet a BMI goal (27.5 or less), blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol, so that's extra motivation to get my weight back down again.

Aw man! We need that! I'd have bank. We get money for meeting daily step challenges. $1 for 300 steps in 5 minutes 6x/day, $1 for 3k steps in 30min and $1 for over 10k steps

• Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    At work, we get extra money in our HSA if we meet a BMI goal (27.5 or less), blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol, so that's extra motivation to get my weight back down again.

Aw man! We need that! I'd have bank. We get money for meeting daily step challenges. $1 for 300 steps in 5 minutes 6x/day, $1 for 3k steps in 30min and $1 for over 10k steps
    Heck, I would like both of those incentives!!!!!!!

• melipon2166
    melipon2166 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!
    Hitting 44 in May and goal is to drop 40 pounds. Slow and steady is my plan. I have lost weight quickly and it just keeps coming back.... No quickies this time. Would love more positive friends.
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 45 and have about 70lbs to lose but taking it 1lb at a time. Love to join!!
  • jshute71
    jshute71 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    46....ugh! Would like to lose 10lbs. Hard to stay focused on weight loss when I am juggling work, school, kids and husband. Add me please!☺
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Grammytryingtogetfit Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ladies, Let's make this a TERRIFIC Thursday!!!!
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    YES, Bring on Spring :)
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am 43. I need to loose about 12 pounds to start. Then I have another goal after that but I want goal one first. I stepped on the scale after a nasty back injury and the holidays and was like OMG, I've gained 10 pounds. Mine is all food. I stay active ( average at least an hour a day at the gym 6 days a week) but I adore eating large portions and cheese and nuts and carbs and I stopped logging over the holidays and ate everything.
  • mochamommy
    Options
    but I tried on shorts...OMG my thighs.
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    mochamommy wrote: »

I made the mistake of wearing shorts to dance class last night. And I had to stare at all the jiggling bits in the mirror all night right next to the super thin, toned legs of the 20yr olds.
  • OatmealBowl
    OatmealBowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Wow. I'd like that step incentive! We get $600 a year if we meet the BMI target, blood pressure target, blood sugar target and cholesterol Target.

I know they offer nutrition and exercise classes at my work. but not for a monetary incentive. We used to get $50/yr with Virgin Health if we took a survey. Now work offer Weight loss program where they genetically test for the obesity gene and you meet with a nutritionist.

I would like the incentive for stepping and meeting BMI and lab goals.
  • mochamommy
    Options
    mochamommy wrote: »

I made the mistake of wearing shorts to dance class last night. And I had to stare at all the jiggling bits in the mirror all night right next to the super thin, toned legs of the 20yr olds.

I wear yoga pants. The compression style ones at least hide the jiggle and cellilute.

• mochamommy
    Options
    Its been so horribly cold this winter too. By the way I need friends. Add me please
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!!!cuwyziuyyy15.png
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    @angelacatheart I just saw those yesterday in my local grocery store and thought they looked yummy!!! Let us know your thoughts when you try one.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    So glad it's Friday! Not even sure why I'm so glad it's Friday (I have to work my part time job all weekend), but I am - sleeping in if nothing else!!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    @angelacatheart

I have 35 grams of Kellogg's bran buds with my eggs every day. 93 cal, 15 fiber. The serving size is 30 G for 80 cal, 13 fiber. I just use a bit more. I have it with 3 oz low fat milk and a bit of Splenda. They are yummy and tons of fiber.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    So glad it's Friday! Not even sure why I'm so glad it's Friday (I have to work my part time job all weekend), but I am - sleeping in if nothing else!!

Yes so Happy it's Friday!!! One day closer to Sunday when I get to go to KC to pick up my daughter, son in law and my grandson:):):)
  • mom23mangos
    Options
    I recently picked these up. Has anyone tried them?

The protein to calorie ratio is too low for me plus I agree with you, they just don't taste very good.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    OK, so that's a big NO for those cookies, Thanks Ladies I will not try them:)