March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    3/1 6.86miles

Today is my 40th birthday! I really can’t believe I’m 40 :neutral: I’m not sure I feel 40 - At least not how I imagined middle age feeling. All due to running and watching my weight. I hope I feel this way at 50! :smile:

3/18/2018 Shamrock half marathon
    10/7/2018 Crawlin Crab half marathon
    11/18/2018 Norfolk Harbor half marathon

@zdyb23456 - Happy, Happy Birthday! I have 20+ years on you you and don't feel it either... I have learned that age is just a number to count in passing. What is really important is how you feel. I didn't start running until my mid-late 50's and so wished I had started much earlier because it made me feel so great.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Date Miles Notes
    3/1/18 3.1 ----short run before my races this weekend

I love it when the first day of a month isn't a rest day!

Also, @PastorVincent I'm digging it

lbn9qa02kvai.jpg

Hey cool... you know, for the life of me I can not remember what the 4.8 is on your display. The 9348 is steps, but what is the 4.8? heh.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I am wondering that myself. My best guess is that it's my total estimated distance so far for the day?

I don't remember seeing a key for that particular area on the Garmin IQ site, but if the site were working at the moment I'd check it again, lol.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Welcome to the group @lisaloum , @Tacklewasher, @angelicasassy, @jdunham221,@jillEReilly89, @qandv9 , @kaspan, @danniej312 , @zerlinna87 , @Teerai and @brw828 !!
    I think I got everyone! If not welcome to all the newbies and good to see everyone else back! I'm not always good at tagging people since I am usually on my phone and this thread moves fast, but I do a lot of liking and hugging (but no hugging for @Elise4270 ).

Today will be my 5th day in a row to run. I usually run Sunday, Tuesday, Wed and Thurs but I ended up running Monday as well this week because of the bad weather last week. I am looking forward to a rest day tomorrow, but I am really glad that the 1st day of the month fell on a run day.

Aww you remembered! I think I'm people claustrophobic. :heart:
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent (or anybody)- Do you use your Forerunner as an everyday watch? Do you use it as a fitness tracker (steps, sleep, etc)?

I do. I like the step count. Sleep isn't telling me anything I don't already know. I like the stairs feature even though I don't do stairs. I have the Fenix.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I am wondering that myself. My best guess is that it's my total estimated distance so far for the day?

I don't remember seeing a key for that particular area on the Garmin IQ site, but if the site were working at the moment I'd check it again, lol.

Miles. 10k steps = approx 5 miles
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

I would have never guessed that!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

Yeah, after I posted my theory I googled the steps to miles conversion and ran the numbers and figured that's what it was, lol.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent I love that Star Trek watch face!

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for making it, but alas, I could not make anything that good looking.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/75d407c1-a434-466d-ae45-0199b98f1fb3

Works on the Vivoactive 3 also it seems.

Huh. Must be a high res watch face. Won't work with the Fenix 3.

I bought the Fenix 3 as the cheapest way to get the sapphire lens. I cracked the screen on a VAHR.

Did my 5k today.
  • JulieS3103
    JulieS3103 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    March 1 - 3 mile Treadmill run

3 miles so far/Goal 55 miles

Upcoming Races:
    3/17/18 USO 10 Mile Race at Ft Campbell
    4/28/18 Brown Deer 10k
    6/10/18 Manitowoc Half Marathon
    8/18/18 Madison Mini Half Marathon
    9/16/18 North Face Endurance 10k
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    @sarahthes - I don't know how you even go out to run in that cold! I guess if you have the right gear it is ok but I would definitely be tempted to just stay inside where it is nice and warm!