What “thick” means

Options

Replies

• 5x5SL
    5x5SL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Why guys calling me thick then? I'm flat as a board.

Having only just learnt what thick means in America....you are definitely not thick.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Rob_181 wrote: »

Having only just learnt what thick means in America....you are definitely not thick.

IF the two examples in the first post are the definition of thick, no offense to peoples, but I hope I'm not. But men call me it all the time still.

I'm really only partaking in this convo for fun. I don't actually care.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    thick
    THik/Submit
    adjective
    with opposite sides or surfaces that are a great or relatively great distance apart.
    "thick slices of bread"
    synonyms: in extent/diameter, across, wide, broad, deep More

Voila! :sunglasses:
  • 5x5SL
    5x5SL Posts: 130 Member
    Options

IF the two examples in the first post are the definition of thick, no offense to peoples, but I hope I'm not. But men call me it all the time still.

I've never heard it before in that context but yeah from those definitions it seems like it's not just people who aren't super skinny.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Following along. This is an enlightening conversation.
  • Fisah17
    Fisah17 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thick is what people would call skinny thick now. It originally came from the Coke bottle or hourglass shape. An in shape woman with proportions like a figure 8. My 2 cents men are attracted to the full package (different for each man). Looks might be #1 for some men but in a long term relationship our worth more than dress size matters.
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    WillingtoLose1001984 Posts: 240 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I think what I'm about to type might be offensive...

I think that men like "thick" women. I consider a thick woman to be fit, not too slim, and not overweight.

I think a lot of overweight women call themselves "thick" but it's not necessarily the same idea that men have of it...

I don't know.

I think thick would be more towards the higher end of healthy bmi and in shape. I had cousins who were thick but not fat, but they were pretty athletic too. My sister's were thin or skinny and towards the bottom of the bmi chart. I was fat, definitely not considered thick when I was younger and overweight bmi.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I thought thick (also thicc) meant that someone had a big butt and/or big thighs (in a good way)? I've only ever seen it used as a positive. It doesn't seem to be a common term in Australia!
  • bbell1985
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    Imo - People like to refer to themselves as thick when in reality they are obese.

But that's just my opinion. I look at the Ashley Graham pics and think obese . I don't think she is thick, I think she's over weight. I personally would not want to look like that.
    When I look at the Kim Kardashian pic, I think she could absolutely be considered thick. I don't think she's obese .she does have a larger rear and smaller waist.

I'm no authority on slang so take my opinion with a grain of salt on this matter.

I do think that real women come in all shapes and sizes and they are entitled to look any way they wish and should do whatever makes them happy. If someone wants to obese, that's cool. It's Just not my cup of tea.

100% agree to all.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many times y’all said thick in this post

I say 1 million times
  • slrose
    slrose Posts: 164 Member
    Options

i think you are getting that from buy because you look 'solid'. im not sure what this means but you know when they talk about the girl thats like a brick house....i think its like that
  • bbell1985
    Options
    slrose wrote: »

i think you are getting that from buy because you look 'solid'. im not sure what this means but you know when they talk about the girl thats like a brick house....i think its like that

lol I'm not that solid. That pic was right after a super low carb diet. I got the fluff. But I'm not fat.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    So now I feel like I need to change my self description on my online dating profile to "obese" and not "thicker than a snicker".
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    So now I feel like I need to change my self description on my online dating profile to "obese" and not "thicker than a snicker".

I think you should keep it but add, “and just as tasty inside” cough

None of this is about *you!* I saw your pictures and you are beautiful :)
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    goatg wrote: »

I think you should keep it but add, “and just as tasty inside” cough

None of this is about *you!* I saw your pictures and you are beautiful :)

I'm totally stealing the tasty inside thing!
  • bbell1985
    Options

lmao. I love it.

I mention rice krispie treats within my first two lines of my dating profile so the boys don't be expecting abs.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

Change it to: gorgeous, funny and lalala and FU to anyone who thinks otherwise!
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options

I'm totally stealing the tasty inside thing!

:-)