Keto Communicators?(dieters ?)

Options
Wanted to hear some good and bad experiences with keto diet or any other diet that you guys tried or currently on? Ive been on all different diets. Why? Because I wanna find what fits my body the best? I have a baby on the way and I wanna be the best dad and I feel like keto is currently helping me get there with some weight loss...

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    This thread mind be interesting to you if you don't get many responses here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10590174/ketogenic-diet/p1
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Mikelamela wrote: »
    Wanted to hear some good and bad experiences with keto diet or any other diet that you guys tried or currently on? Ive been on all different diets. Why? Because I wanna find what fits my body the best? I have a baby on the way and I wanna be the best dad and I feel like keto is currently helping me get there with some weight loss...

What's up, im all about helping people reach there goals!!! It gets me excited when I see people change for the better.
    What has helped me in this "KISS"
    Keep It Simple Stupid

Don't over complicate it
    For example here is my meal plan

Keto coffee
    Eggs, bacon, cheese
    Peanut Butter
    Pulled pork (no BBQ sauce) and salad with ranch
    Avocado and hamburger with lettuce as buns
    45 min weight lifting

Also check out Jason Wittrock aka keto king
  • RaleighCaldwell
    RaleighCaldwell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LCHF way of eating since August 1, 2017. 80 pounds down with moderate exercise as well. It works, but like mentioned above, don't over think it. Let us know how we can be of assistance.

Also, LOG EVERYTHING you eat and look items up before you eat them. Lots of hidden carbs out there.

79ern14k4jp0.jpg
  • genjuro99
    genjuro99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to loose weight with my new keto diet feel free to add me I welcome the supported
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I did keto for 4 months last year, only lost about 8 lbs. But I didn't have much to lose any ways. I liked it at first, gave me alot of energy, and kept me feeling great. I stopped because I couldn't sustain on such a limited way if eating, especially cutting out so much carbs. I also had the usual side effects, which were not fun! I gave it another shot about 2 weeks ago. Stopped after 1 week. I know that keto us not for me, now that I've tried it a second time.
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    genjuro99 wrote: »
    Looking forward to loose weight with my new keto diet feel free to add me I welcome the supported

Bro keep it up man. No joke , 90% is diet, 10% exercise

The first week will be hell but after that you feel better

• sedj241
    sedj241 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Been doing keto to get my body fat down to stage ready 5%. Good: Get to eat foods I normally don't eat. Bad: In the beginning I was eating to my protein.
  • Nama_Slay
    Nama_Slay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    AnvilTime wrote: »
    LCHF way of eating since August 1, 2017. 80 pounds down with moderate exercise as well. It works, but like mentioned above, don't over think it. Let us know how we can be of assistance.

Also, LOG EVERYTHING you eat and look items up before you eat them. Lots of hidden carbs out there.

79ern14k4jp0.jpg

Very awesome!!! Congrats to you!
  • Nama_Slay
    Nama_Slay Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Mikelamela wrote: »

Started the keto lifestyle, back in June of 2018, Before that... I incorporated IF( intermittent fasting) so after more research , I combined the two! My advice, do your research on it, just like you would anything else, there is alot of information out there, can get overwhelming. My goal is to drop BF%, and with the combination of both, I'm seeing results... everyone's body mechanism is different, that's a good thing to keep in mind! Best of luck!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following low carb daily forum group. It's one of many LCHF/Keto friendly groups here in in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1143-keto