Weight watchers back to mfp?

jbheller14
jbheller14 Posts: 13 Member
Has anyone else found the new WW plan Freestyle not working and went back to counting calories with MFP?

Replies

• rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    What don't you like about freestyle?
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,222 Member
    I'm a lapsed WW Lifetime member. I lost 30 pounds with PointsPlus and pretty easily kept it off for two years. I was eating Simply Filling Technique,mainly intuitively, during maintenance. When I regained some and went back to tracking the program was Smartpoints, and I hated it because I was always hungry and out of points. I definitely like Freestyle better because it feels similar to Simply Filling Technique. That said, I find myself frequently cross tracking in MFP for the same reason others have said - - out of points but way under calories. The WW database may not be robust, but I find the MFP one overwhelming.

So long story, if you ate Simply Filling Technique, you probably won't hate Freestyle as much as others, but will need to either trust yourself to eat more when you're out of points or cross track calories in MFP. Because I have a lot of food data/recipes in WW app, I'm sticking with it, for now. But the out of points/way under calories issue is a big deal.
  • PorfforBat
    PorfforBat Posts: 23 Member
    I couldn't get my head around it. And the meetings seemed a bit lacking. I actually gained in the 4 months I was a member. So here I am.
  • mm3harris
    mm3harris Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2018
    I joined WW 1/8/2018 with the incentive plan of losing 10 lbs by 3/8/18 to earn 2 free months. As of today I lost 9.6 lbs. I called WW today and informed them how hard it was to lose weight on their plan. My question was "how do they determine the points for each person"? I exercised 6 times per week(Zumba, Zumba Toning, Advanced Step, BodyPump and walk 3 miles at least 1 day per week) and the most I lost was .4 lbs in a week. Therefore, the plan points were more of a maintenance plan at best. Without the exercise I gained weight. So, I went to a 1000-1200 calorie plan on my own just to see the results and have lost 6.4 in the last 1 1/2 of my 90 days on WW. But, WW taught me to really be selective about the foods I eat. I found this plan because counting calories seems to work better for me. WW really does work for some. Also, I was told I have until 3/22/18 to meet the 10 lb goal!
  • 1229swansong
    1229swansong Posts: 21 Member
    I left WW because I know that I would overeat the free stuff. MFP keeps me more accountable. I have lost more on MFP than any other meal plan. The trick for me is learning how to keep it off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!