minimzing bloat?

Options
What are some natural stuff that can help me minimize my bloat? I have seen people saying lemon water can do that but I have yet to try and people have also been talking about taking activated charcoal pills for bloat.
What are some things that minimize bloat?

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    If the bloating is water weight, drink enough water, stay at a consistent carb level, and stay at a consistent sodium level. (In premenopausal women,the answer to hormone related water weight is patience)

If the bloating is constipation, eat enough fiber, get enough water, get enough fat. Around here, fat is often the one that's the problem.

If the bloating is a "food baby" (like from a big holiday meal), go back to normal consumption and wait 60-72 hours for nature to take its course.

If the bloating is gas, simethecone is as good a short-term expedient as any.

If you've dramatically increased fiber recently, and become gassy as a result, it would've been better to have ramped fiber up gradually, and it might help to add some probiotic foods (live culture yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, kim chi, kombucha fermented pickles, . . . ).

Consider whether your bloating tends to occur after consuming certain foods. It could be a direct effect (from something like carbonated beverages) or a food sensitivity/intolerance. If you suspect intolerance, see a registered dietician or allergist as appropriate. Don't just assume you have some trendy food sensitivity: Take steps to find out for sure.

If the bloating is none of those, please be more specific about what you're experience, rather than euphemistic, so we can give you more tailored suggestions.

giphy.gif
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I don’t know long term but short term peppermint tea can make you feel a little better.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    If the bloating is water weight, drink enough water, stay at a consistent carb level, and stay at a consistent sodium level. (In premenopausal women,the answer to hormone related water weight is patience)

If the bloating is constipation, eat enough fiber, get enough water, get enough fat. Around here, fat is often the one that's the problem.

If the bloating is a "food baby" (like from a big holiday meal), go back to normal consumption and wait 60-72 hours for nature to take its course.

If you've dramatically increased fiber recently, and become gassy as a result, it would've been better to have ramped fiber up gradually, and it might help to add some probiotic foods (live culture yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, kim chi, kombucha fermented pickles, . . . ).

Consider whether your bloating tends to occur after consuming certain foods. It could be a direct effect (from something like carbonated beverages) or a food sensitivity/intolerance. If you suspect intolerance, see a registered dietician or allergist as appropriate. Don't just assume you have some trendy food sensitivity: Take steps to find out for sure.

If the bloating is none of those, please be more specific about what you're experience, rather than euphemistic, so we can give you more tailored suggestions.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options

If whoever "woo-ed" this thinking that's a positive response, then thank you.

If someone, "woo-er" or not, has suggestions for OP about other possible situations that might be considered "bloat", additional suggestions that might help OP with the listed situations, or simply dispute/corrections to my post, I hope you'll take the time to post them.

I'm sure OP would appreciate any constructive input, and I'd welcome learning more myself. :)

It was the best bloat post I've ever seen, so I'd take the "woo" as a "woo-hoo".

/kicks the confusing woo button/