Motivation to lose again

Options
2»

Replies

• victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I put this up, to hopefully make you laugh.
    https://youtu.be/6ldAQ6Rh5ZI

Hahahaha I love it!!
    I think all maintenance is is a series of ups and downs but on a smaller scale. You are 6-7 on top of your range. I am 2 over my limit. I have only been maintaining for 5 months - this is month 6 but it strikes me that my type of yo yo personality will never have just a stable weight. If someone had told me when I was 15 that dieting did this to you I would never ever have started down that road. ever. I hope women teach their daughters better than my Mom did for me. Just some thoughts. Glad you are getting the motivation to start dropping again here! me too. :)

I have that yo yo personality too, although I did maintain pretty well within a 5 pound range for almost 2 years so that was pretty good!
    kjurassic wrote: »
    LOL!!! Stuart Smalley! Made me laugh! You'll figure this out - look where you've come from! I'm at the same place..fall/winter vacations and the holidays took their toll. Tighten up with the logging... Stay away from those evil little M & M's :D (I love em, too!) It'll happen before you know it!

I've still been eating m&ms but weighing and logging them. ;)
    jlindros wrote: »
    Seems to me that maintenance is just more of the same...being accountable. I think if we were all able to eat whatever we want, we wouldn't be here! It's amazing how tracking all you eat seems like such a chore, but once you get a day or two under your belt, it really is so easy to eat well. I get motivation from that - being accountable and seeing my streak days add up. Also, I chart my weight daily and it motivates me to see that graph going down!

Looks like you are back at it! Good for you catching it early!

It doesn't feel like a chore to log, but I just plainly didn't want to have to eat less, lol. I knew I was overeating but part of me was enjoying it. But it's been a good week seeing the scale move in the right direction.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Good job! I did awesome this week, then hormonal hunger set in and undid all my deficit (I feel shaky and dizzy until I eat carbs). That's why I can't lose :(