19 years old and close to 300 pounds

Options

Replies

• fergusonjamillah
    fergusonjamillah Posts: 83 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    Here are some things that have really been helping me.

Break things down into individual behaviors and habits. Instead of looking at this as an all at once, or all or nothing proposition, find ways to break things down into smaller and more sustainable habits. That makes it much easier to pinpoint where something is not working, and fix it, rather than staring at the whole jumbled mess of NOT WORKING. Plus, when you do backslide, you are less likely to drop everything, just one or two habits, that can then be fixed again. Otherwise, trying to everything at once, means that you are likely to leave out something important (like weighing food), and pay excessive attention to things that aren't. (Like fiber drinks and vinegar)
    Don't demonize foods that don't actually make you feel bad. Obviously if you have food sensitivities avoid those things, but don't cut out all your favorite goodies because they are not "healthy". Think of your calories as a type of currency. You should purchase the nutrient rich stuff first, budget for regular treats, and don't waste any calories on stuff you hate, even if it is theoretically good for you.
    Log EVERYTHING. Don't even worry about changing what you normally eat for a couple of weeks.
    Don't JUST weigh (with a scale is best) everything you eat, also write why you are eating it (i.e, lunchtime, hungry, kind of bored, out with friends, watching tv) and how you are feeling right before, right after and an hour after (hungry, comfortable, normal, full, very full bloated, drowsy, OMG I am so damn sick of this crap I want to throw the whole plate out a window, etc).
    This gives you a baseline pattern for your normal habits and routine. From there, it's just a matter of experimenting. Are you very full after dinner? Cut back on a few things. Does lunch leave you bloated and gassy after an hour, try less or no mayo, and see if there's something you don't mind dropping each meal (fries, or cheese, or maybe only 2 tacos instead of 3).Are you starving an hour after dinner?Maybe more fats during.
    It's amazing how quickly these small and easily sustainable changes will add up to big calorie cuts. Only cut one or two things at a time, until they become habit instead if trying to do everything at once. That way they become individual habits instead of one big "diet".

Thank you that was so helpful i am going to try it.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want, but you have to eat less. There are no healthy (or unhealthy) foods. A healthy diet is balanced and varied - a little bit of everything is best. Can you cook? If not, learn.

Yes i know how to cook, but i need some recipies ideas that wont break my bank and is delicious.

Try this website: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/84/healthy-recipes/?internalSource=hubcard&referringContentType=search results&clickId=cardslot 1

I use allrecipes.com to get meal ideas for healthy eating. I've also found them to be economical. If you're cooking for just one, you can portion out your leftovers for lunches and dinners. That will save you some money.
  • faythe621
    faythe621 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have lost 110 pounds going from 320 to 210 and am trying to get under 200 again. It is hard to stay on track sometimes but the biggest thing to remember is that every good decision gets you a little closer to your goal. Stay within your macros, track everything you eat and weigh your portions. And take measurements, sometimes you will lose inches before you lose pounds.
  • jakemcdaneld
    jakemcdaneld Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want, but you have to eat less. There are no healthy (or unhealthy) foods. A healthy diet is balanced and varied - a little bit of everything is best. Can you cook? If not, learn.

Yes i know how to cook, but i need some recipies ideas that wont break my bank and is delicious.

You can still cook healthy (a quick Google search will give you a bunch of starting ideas; gotta love the Internet) and make things "delish". It might cost a bit in the beginning, but fill up your spice rack for getting different flavors. Instead of adding sugar you might need to use Stevia. Also, when you need to use butter or cheese, use portion control. I'd suggest that rather than getting the "reduced fat" or "fat free" versions, because those are loaded with crap. Go with vinaigrettes when you need a salad dressing or a sauce. If the oils are olive, coconut, grapeseed, etc, they're a lot better for you than canola or vegetable oil. There's a time and place for all ingredients, but you need to limit the "unhealthy" ones. Finally, if you must snack, try to limit carb-based ones. Any fruit that ends in -berry is typically acceptable (think raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries, in that order, actually).
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    Sasssy69 wrote: »

Try this website: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipes/84/healthy-recipes/?internalSource=hubcard&referringContentType=search results&clickId=cardslot 1

I use allrecipes.com to get meal ideas for healthy eating. I've also found them to be economical. If you're cooking for just one, you can portion out your leftovers for lunches and dinners. That will save you some money.

Thank you i will look at it on my laptop
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    faythe621 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me, I have lost 110 pounds going from 320 to 210 and am trying to get under 200 again. It is hard to stay on track sometimes but the biggest thing to remember is that every good decision gets you a little closer to your goal. Stay within your macros, track everything you eat and weigh your portions. And take measurements, sometimes you will lose inches before you lose pounds.

Thank you. Did you do any excercises while you was losing weight?
    And i was going down but now im stuck at 287 so for motivation i just think of it as gaining muscles and im still going to workout even if i dont see results the way i want to.
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    All my life i been struggling with my weight i never been skinny like others. I was always bigboned and tall. But now that i am older i let my weight take over my life. i went through depression looked for love in the wrong places because i did not love myself. But now i am learning to love myself and work out for me and i am struggling still, but i hope i can find my way and reach my 1st goal of 250pound. Looking for support and some healthy food tips.

What's up, im all about helping people reach there goals!!! It gets me excited when I see people change for the better.
    Make yourself an achievable goal and go after it. Great things take great sacrifice, and never forget where you came from.
    At times you may plateau but see how far you've come even if it's just 10,20, or 30 lbs and let that motivate you to keep pushing forward.

My bro was 360 and he worked out and dieted with me and go down to 300 in a little over 2 months. It wasn't easy but well worth it

What has helped me in this "KISS"
    Keep It Simple Stupid

Don't over complicate it
    For example here is my meal plan

Keto coffee
    Eggs, bacon, cheese
    Peanut Butter
    Pulled pork (no BBQ sauce) and salad with ranch
    Avocado and hamburger with lettuce as buns
    45 min weight lifting

Also check out Jason Wittrock aka keto king

• LizPalen412
    LizPalen412 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A great place I like to find healthy recipes is www.skinnytaste.com - it's all free, tons of awesome recipes that are pretty easy to make and very tasty. They also all have their nutrition info posted, so it's easy to track. That was the biggest change I made when I started at the beginning of January (started at 305lbs) - I cut my eating out down to like twice a week, and everything else is home cooked. Almost everything I make is from skinnytaste.com (I have a whole binder of printed recipes) but I'm also starting to branch out now as well. Cooking Light also has some good recipes. I refuse to eat boring food so I make 2 new recipes every week and it's been a fun challenge and everything has been really tasty. Good luck! You absolutely can do this. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    All my life i been struggling with my weight i never been skinny like others. I was always bigboned and tall. But now that i am older i let my weight take over my life. i went through depression looked for love in the wrong places because i did not love myself. But now i am learning to love myself and work out for me and i am struggling still, but i hope i can find my way and reach my 1st goal of 250pound. Looking for support and some healthy food tips.

You can do this!! I am kind of in the same situation. I’ve always been the more heavy set person... im the first to admit I am the one who did this to myself... it got really bad after my mom passed away though... she was only 48 when she passed and it was due to complications from the flu which ultimately caused pneumonia. I know a death shouldn’t be used as an excuse to let my self go, but it happened. I finally put on my big girl panties and said “I need to do this for me! I need to get healthy! I need to make better choices!” So that’s exactly what I’ve been doing! I’ve lost almost 20 pounds! You can do this!!!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making the step to become healthier. :smile: My diary is open so feel free to look around - or on other's open diaries for food ideas. I eat some frozen meals for work lunches, but also cook about 3 times a week. My go to recipes are beef tacos, breakfast casseroles, grilled or baked chicken (marinated or seasoned with dry spices) and I always have fresh or frozen veggies on hand as well as fruit. It is rather simple, but for me learning portion control was key. I can easily overeat and go over my calories.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    HdezJ wrote: »

What's up, im all about helping people reach there goals!!! It gets me excited when I see people change for the better.
    Make yourself an achievable goal and go after it. Great things take great sacrifice, and never forget where you came from.
    At times you may plateau but see how far you've come even if it's just 10,20, or 30 lbs and let that motivate you to keep pushing forward.

My bro was 360 and he worked out and dieted with me and go down to 300 in a little over 2 months. It wasn't easy but well worth it

Keep It Simple Stupid

Don't over complicate it

Keto coffee
    Eggs, bacon, cheese
    Peanut Butter
    45 min weight lifting

Who is jason wittrock?
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options

You can do this!! I am kind of in the same situation. I’ve always been the more heavy set person... im the first to admit I am the one who did this to myself... it got really bad after my mom passed away though... she was only 48 when she passed and it was due to complications from the flu which ultimately caused pneumonia. I know a death shouldn’t be used as an excuse to let my self go, but it happened. I finally put on my big girl panties and said “I need to do this for me! I need to get healthy! I need to make better choices!” So that’s exactly what I’ve been doing! I’ve lost almost 20 pounds! You can do this!!!

Thank you and in my house its a bad influence of food and i hate when they ask me do i want some.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Congrats on making the step to become healthier. :smile: My diary is open so feel free to look around - or on other's open diaries for food ideas. I eat some frozen meals for work lunches, but also cook about 3 times a week. My go to recipes are beef tacos, breakfast casseroles, grilled or baked chicken (marinated or seasoned with dry spices) and I always have fresh or frozen veggies on hand as well as fruit. It is rather simple, but for me learning portion control was key. I can easily overeat and go over my calories.

Thanks i just brought a food scale and a blender yesterday so i can start jucing every 2 days out of the week.
  • stephnphil
    stephnphil Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try not to eat your main part of the meal bigger than the size of your fist. From knuckles to wrist. Fill yourself with fruits vegetables and less carbs-(bread, crackers,rice,pasta) I love all recipes.com type in low cal. I fill myself with cooked vegetables Veggies but season them - after steaming them I fry in Pam and add multi purpose seasoning garlic and herbs. Make them enjoyable without butter. This journey is hard. We are on it with you and have your back. Every step is a step in the right direction!!
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    HdezJ wrote: »

Keep It Simple Stupid

Don't over complicate it

Keto coffee
    Eggs, bacon, cheese
    Peanut Butter
    45 min weight lifting

Who is jason wittrock?

He is a guy on YouTube with tons of videos on keto. Recipes, blogs, workouts. Best keto videos out there!

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    John Glaude (check him out on You Tube) was where you are now. His transformation and attitude is inspirational.

Regardless of what you eat, keeping to your daily calorie goal is key.

Fat has twice the salaries as either carbs or protein. You need a little fat in your diet daily but watch it carefully.
  • mabelgrex
    mabelgrex Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    google just gave me 3 scales at under $20 you should look for one that gives you grams and ounces

perhaps look at other options besides smoothies, can be full of sugar, learn to eat real food not pureed.

egg whites with sauteed veg for breakfast
    spinach can make a batch for the week
  • Planemaid
    Planemaid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow I love this post, your honesty and your goals. The first step is accepting that you want to change so you're already in the right direction. Please feel free to add me as I'd love to cheer you along with your journey. I've just started on MFP too.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    Thank you
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    stephnphil wrote: »
    Thank you i just brought a scale and a blender i want to juice every 2 times a week.