Options
13»

Replies

• fergusonjamillah
    fergusonjamillah Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    HdezJ wrote: »
    HdezJ wrote: »
    All my life i been struggling with my weight i never been skinny like others. I was always bigboned and tall. But now that i am older i let my weight take over my life. i went through depression looked for love in the wrong places because i did not love myself. But now i am learning to love myself and work out for me and i am struggling still, but i hope i can find my way and reach my 1st goal of 250pound. Looking for support and some healthy food tips.

What's up, im all about helping people reach there goals!!! It gets me excited when I see people change for the better.
    Make yourself an achievable goal and go after it. Great things take great sacrifice, and never forget where you came from.
    At times you may plateau but see how far you've come even if it's just 10,20, or 30 lbs and let that motivate you to keep pushing forward.

My bro was 360 and he worked out and dieted with me and go down to 300 in a little over 2 months. It wasn't easy but well worth it

What has helped me in this "KISS"
    Keep It Simple Stupid

Don't over complicate it
    For example here is my meal plan

Keto coffee
    Eggs, bacon, cheese
    Peanut Butter
    Pulled pork (no BBQ sauce) and salad with ranch
    Avocado and hamburger with lettuce as buns
    45 min weight lifting

Also check out Jason Wittrock aka keto king

Who is jason wittrock?

He is a guy on YouTube with tons of videos on keto. Recipes, blogs, workouts. Best keto videos out there!

Thanks i will check him out today.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    John Glaude (check him out on You Tube) was where you are now. His transformation and attitude is inspirational.

Regardless of what you eat, keeping to your daily calorie goal is key.

Fat has twice the salaries as either carbs or protein. You need a little fat in your diet daily but watch it carefully.

I just brought a weight loss notes notebook because everything is alot, but im interested in learning so it will be easy to remember. Thanks.
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Great that you've started now you have youth on your side gets very hard 40+ years. Don't forget it's a marathon not a sprint I second log everything and your feeling when you eat it is an eye opener. So many times we eat out of boredom I have learned to ask myself am I really hungry or just bored. Drink lots of water and don't sweat the small stuff. You can do this I went from 400+ to 280 and still going took year and half so far but so worth it. Add me if you need some advice along the way.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    mabelgrex wrote: »
    google just gave me 3 scales at under $20 you should look for one that gives you grams and ounces

perhaps look at other options besides smoothies, can be full of sugar, learn to eat real food not pureed.

egg whites with sauteed veg for breakfast
    spinach can make a batch for the week

I just brought a scale from walmart and i know about the smoothies thats why i have to be careful with them.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    Planemaid wrote: »

Thank you it takes honesty and acceptance to realize the problem and how to fix it.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    Do you cook?

Yes
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options

Yes i cook
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    88olds wrote: »

Thanks i always put others first its time i start doing so for myself
  • GIRLPOWER7113
    GIRLPOWER7113 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try Keto diet .. it works
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options

Whats that?
  • dajahshannon
    dajahshannon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You’re 19 so it will be easy to get that metabolism going, your still so young. I recommend high protein low calorie diet and I don’t know your schedule but try to workout 20-30 minutes every day then build that up with time. It’s not going to be easy because you will have to adjust but I’m telling you it will be all worth it! I’m 28 and had a baby last July and at first I immediately lost 45lbs but then with stressed picked it back up and I was 300 as well but in late October I got focused and committed to losing weight and I’ve lost 21lbs so far. It can be done set small goals and as you meet those goals mak new ones....good luck to you!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options

Whats that?

It's high fat, very low carb, moderate protein. And really, it comes down to the kinds of foods that keep you feeling full. All weight-loss plans work by creating a calorie deficit, but so long as you're eating in a way that provides adequate nutrition, there isn't a universal "better" way. If eating more fat makes you feel fuller, such that being in a calorie deficit is easier when you adopt that way of eating, go for it.

I focus primarily on protein and iron and let the rest fall where it falls. In my case, that's slightly over 50% carbs (including plenty of fiber) and slightly under 30% fat. For me, that works well, but satiety varies from person to person.

My suggestion: The first couple of weeks, just log what you're eating without being concerned about making changes. Sometimes, just being aware of what you're eating helps keep you within your calories. If that doesn't happen, then after 2 weeks, focus on coming in at your calorie goal. You'll probably find that some days, you're hungrier than others. Assuming your activity is more or less the same—and you should eat back at least a portion of your exercise calories to fuel that activity—check whether there's any difference in your diet on the days you feel fuller or hungrier. Figure out what helps you feel satiated and work on eating more of it.
  • 0314blue
    0314blue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm new in this community and looking for friends to take this challenge with me. We can do meal planning together 😊😊 Remember nothing is impossible. You just have to do it one small step at a time. And you absolutely have to love yourself first. I'm rooting for ya 💪💪💪 Keep fighting!
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options

Thanks i just have to work on better eating habits and educate myself. I have no issue workouting out much, but a problem with food.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options
    0314blue wrote: »
    Add me! I'm new in this community and looking for friends to take this challenge with me. We can do meal planning together 😊😊 Remember nothing is impossible. You just have to do it one small step at a time. And you absolutely have to love yourself first. I'm rooting for ya 💪💪💪 Keep fighting!

Thanks i do love myself i been through a complicated process but now im doing for myselg and putting me first. And i would like to meal planning for about 3 days to a week because people have different taste or probrably wont buy the same ingredients.
  • fergusonjamillah
    Options

Whats that?

It's high fat, very low carb, moderate protein. And really, it comes down to the kinds of foods that keep you feeling full. All weight-loss plans work by creating a calorie deficit, but so long as you're eating in a way that provides adequate nutrition, there isn't a universal "better" way. If eating more fat makes you feel fuller, such that being in a calorie deficit is easier when you adopt that way of eating, go for it.

I focus primarily on protein and iron and let the rest fall where it falls. In my case, that's slightly over 50% carbs (including plenty of fiber) and slightly under 30% fat. For me, that works well, but satiety varies from person to person.

My suggestion: The first couple of weeks, just log what you're eating without being concerned about making changes. Sometimes, just being aware of what you're eating helps keep you within your calories. If that doesn't happen, then after 2 weeks, focus on coming in at your calorie goal. You'll probably find that some days, you're hungrier than others. Assuming your activity is more or less the same—and you should eat back at least a portion of your exercise calories to fuel that activity—check whether there's any difference in your diet on the days you feel fuller or hungrier. Figure out what helps you feel satiated and work on eating more of it.

Thanks i will try because i find educating myself on calories and protien complicated and too much information to take in