• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It's ok to be hungry and not eat.
  • RecognitionT
    RecognitionT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Say no till they get the message. Get it across however you have to - be mean, rude, yell, any combination thereof.

I live with my grandmother and if I accepted food every time she offered some I'd be well into the overweight/obese category. She got the message that I'll come up for food when I want to, not when she tries to force it down my throat.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I always pre-logged my days meals, knowing that I had or hadn't calories left is what I would have acted on. The more you say no, the easier it gets imo.
  • alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    This might sound stupid, but I always try to think of what "tomorrow Alyssa" would say. Sure, that doughnut might be delicious today, but tomorrow/all week when I'm cutting calories to make it work, that doughnut won't feel as good anymore. If it fits within my goals - I don't have problem eating it. But I also don't want to make life harder for myself in the end. (Doughnut just being used as an example)

I find this helps a lot of my choices. It's easy to want something in the moment, but I like to look at the bigger picture too.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    It is hard, esp at the start! I love eating out at restaurants. There is literally ONE restaurant in my town that I don't like. I have a one page calendar, and for every day I exercise I do a circle, staying in calories is a an X, and not eating out is a line. So I do't want to break my streak of the week, so I find that helps.
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Stay firm and eat what you feel is right for you. You can't let people make decisions for you.
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Envision yourself where you want to be-weight, health, muscle mass, etc. Then, when temptation comes along (and it always does) call to mind your vision of yourself at your goal. Hold that in your mind until the temptation passes. This works for me better than anything else. Reminding myself how good it feels to be at an optimal weight or size or how I feel when I am fit enough to do the activities I enjoy, beats back the urge to eat junk.