Alli / Xenical, Does It Work? (Please Only Answer If You Have Actually Taken It)

Options

Replies

• boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    FattieBabs wrote: »
    OK everyone - here is an update! I have now been on the stuff a year. I have lost 2 stone over 10 months as had 2 months off at maintenance. I agree that, between 1500-1650 cals a day without Orlistat I would probably lose weight anyway. BUT it has reeducated me re the amount of fat I was having and I am making better choices now. I still have fat - around 45g a day or less, take a multi-vitamin and so far so good. However, I don't want to be on these pills for much longer as worried about the side effects. For me it has been a fairly good experience.

Side effects have been some hairloss and dry skin (which I have never suffered from before). Once I upped my vitamin intake things did improve.

Cheese was my main downfall and is a "no" on this diet. I used to crave it - not so much now.. I still have matchbox-sized amounts without any problems. I can go out to Pizza Express and make sensible choices and still lose weight!

The consultant now wants me to lose another stone before the op which is depressing as I had originally agreed 2 stone loss but I am determined to get there. Summer is my deadline.

I can sympathise with a lot of comments above and my "near misses" taught me to be very careful! Need to work out how to bookmark this post.. If anyone is thinking of trying this stuff feel free to message me - my diary is open to friends.

Honestly, I'm a bit concerned about having a near accident being a form of rededucation. And yes I know it's an old thread :)

This thread is exempt from zombie thread etiquette.

because it is the best thread on MFP...

It has strong competition from the “sodium bicarbonate is evil” thread and the “can’t eat Easter eggs because training for MMA thread”... those are my two all time faves.

Referencing classic threads without providing a convenient link to them should at least be a demerit.

250px-That%27s_a_paddlin%27.png

The second classic thread referenced comes up if you use the search feature and key words Easter and MMA.
    It's seriously my favorite thread of all time on MFP, mostly because of the egg puns and ridiculous memes...
    I'm actually afraid to bump it. I want it to live forever in the MFP active thread archives.

I found many but I couldnt find this one in particular. So sad.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    OK everyone - here is an update! I have now been on the stuff a year. I have lost 2 stone over 10 months as had 2 months off at maintenance. I agree that, between 1500-1650 cals a day without Orlistat I would probably lose weight anyway. BUT it has reeducated me re the amount of fat I was having and I am making better choices now. I still have fat - around 45g a day or less, take a multi-vitamin and so far so good. However, I don't want to be on these pills for much longer as worried about the side effects. For me it has been a fairly good experience.

Side effects have been some hairloss and dry skin (which I have never suffered from before). Once I upped my vitamin intake things did improve.

Cheese was my main downfall and is a "no" on this diet. I used to crave it - not so much now.. I still have matchbox-sized amounts without any problems. I can go out to Pizza Express and make sensible choices and still lose weight!

The consultant now wants me to lose another stone before the op which is depressing as I had originally agreed 2 stone loss but I am determined to get there. Summer is my deadline.

I can sympathise with a lot of comments above and my "near misses" taught me to be very careful! Need to work out how to bookmark this post.. If anyone is thinking of trying this stuff feel free to message me - my diary is open to friends.

Honestly, I'm a bit concerned about having a near accident being a form of rededucation. And yes I know it's an old thread :)

It has strong competition from the “sodium bicarbonate is evil” thread and the “can’t eat Easter eggs because training for MMA thread”... those are my two all time faves.

Referencing classic threads without providing a convenient link to them should at least be a demerit.

The second classic thread referenced comes up if you use the search feature and key words Easter and MMA.
    It's seriously my favorite thread of all time on MFP, mostly because of the egg puns and ridiculous memes...
    I'm actually afraid to bump it. I want it to live forever in the MFP active thread archives.

the thread is just called "Easter". But the original post doesn't yield many clues of what gems are to come in the 28 pages unfolding...
  • ljmorgi
    ljmorgi Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    OP, your username may end up being oddly appropriate if you take this stuff. ;)

I scanned through the posts to see if this had been covered yet.

Seeing that it has, there's nothing left for me to do in here.

(I guess I could tell the story of how my wife had to bring me an entire change of clothes including shoes and socks to work one day and pass them through the door when I mistrusted a fart while standing at a urinal many many years ago...but won't because that would be unnecessarily embarrassing.)

The phrase 'mistrusted a fart' has made me nearly cry on the bus....

99dO3Vn.jpg

And here's where I started crying with laughter in my office.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    That + period BM's would be a freakin nightmare
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options

I had to go back and make sure I'd read that one and I had ;)

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I liked the microwave AKA black box of death thread - RIP.

Sadly I think that one got closed because we posted a link in a thread discussion similar to this one so sorry Jof, I’m not making that mistake again! Maybe one of those old classics will get bumped soon though...

I think there were a few that got shut down. There were some good ones. The one who though she could see the stream of fat in her pee as she lost weight.

ETA: don't forget that your food is KILLONG you.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

Sadly I think that one got closed because we posted a link in a thread discussion similar to this one so sorry Jof, I’m not making that mistake again! Maybe one of those old classics will get bumped soon though...

I think there were a few that got shut down. There were some good ones. The one who though she could see the stream of fat in her pee as she lost weight.

Thanks for this! First (and only) time I've seen food products referred to as CHEMICAL TERRORISM!!!! With the wall of text initially plagiarized manifesto. I can't believe that one just got dropped on page 1 :o
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »

Thanks for this! First (and only) time I've seen food products referred to as CHEMICAL TERRORISM!!!! With the wall of text initially plagiarized manifesto. I can't believe that one just got dropped on page 1 :o

I have a bunch of these bookmarked. It's fun to go back and read them.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options

It's the truth. I could read it 100 times and still be doing spit takes.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »

It is now on page 1, i had to go read it after the recommendations and it doesnt disappoint
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    LOL. I couldn't find the Easter thread yesterday, but (before clicking back into this thread with the link) saw that I had a notification for it. I had apparently posted earlier in that thread.

Catching up on it now, I apparently posted in that thread a lot.

A lot.

I remember none of this.

#goodtimes

you posted a WHOLE LOT LOL
    I read through it partly yesterday and finished today.
  • Kadoober
    Kadoober Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Oh my word, that thread is amazing.
    I had to star it for later, someone asked the OP is she was War Machine, I bark laughed loudly at my desk and I was asked if I needed an ambulance. Gonna have to read more at home.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    I've got it starred now, too! OP only lasted a month in the community, probably flounced after that thread. I really, really want to know if they ever made it to MMA competition :confused:
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Haha, I saw it (Easter thread) yesterday, read it, sniggered, and wondered how I had missed taking part- then realized I was cruising the Caribbean over the dates it was active.

The things you miss when stuffing your face, drinking like a fish, sunning on the sand, and have no internet. B)

Cheers, h.
  • Terebynthia
    Terebynthia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That Easter thread delivers - any more epic threads you would care to resurrect? :D
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Wolf spiders and weight loss.