Childless and TTC

Options

Replies

• femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i struggled for 3.5 years to get pregnant with absolutely no medical explanation. we finally got pregnant and there were several factors involved. the biggest factor i believe was losing weight. the second factor was going on vacation. my husband and i decided we were okay just being us. we didn't need a baby. we said that if we changed our minds, than we could adopt. i went to hawaii, let loose and when i got back we got pregnant.

i have a friend that is going through something like you. she and her husband started TTC 6 months before they got married and they just celebrated their 1st anniversary so it's been a while for them too. the doctors told her that when you break it down, there are only 12 times a year you can get pregnant. so a lot of it is luck.

i had another friend who struggled for quite some time and miscarried 4 or 5 times. they were taking fertility treatments too. good news though! they were finally able to get pregnant and she's in her 3rd trimester now. so there is hope!

i really hope you can conceive soon. I know how painful it is not knowing if you will ever have a baby, especially when you want one so bad.
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    I was looking for a post about childless women TTC. Most of the posts are either women who already have children or women who have PCOS. I would like to talk to people like me... I have no children, DH and I miscarried our first baby (March '08) and we have now been TTC for over 3 years. The reason I don't want to talk to women TTC that already have children is they cannot fully understand how I feel because at least they have 1 or more children and the reason I don't want to talk to women with PCOS is because they have an explanation as to why they cannot conceive - I don't. If you are in the same boat as me, feel free to add me or reply on here.

I'm obviously not a woman and take it for what it's worth since there are obviously no studies proving any of this, but being fairly active in the Paleo community, I've heard of many people having issues conceiving and being able to conceive shortly after going Paleo (usually within a few months)

I have never heard of Paleo before but am intrigued...
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i have children, all i can say is keep trying, and so sorry for your lost. i have a friend who is childless, miscarried 3 times, now after 5 yrs, she is 5 months pregnant. all of her losses were in early pregnancy, so its looking very good now. i may not know exactly how your feeling, because ive never been there, but i feel your pain, if that makes since = ) best of luck to you and your husband.
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    i have children, all i can say is keep trying, and so sorry for your lost. i have a friend who is childless, miscarried 3 times, now after 5 yrs, she is 5 months pregnant. all of her losses were in early pregnancy, so its looking very good now. i may not know exactly how your feeling, because ive never been there, but i feel your pain, if that makes since = ) best of luck to you and your husband.

Thank you! One thing I do know is I will NEVER give up! LOL. I know one day it will happen, it's just the journey that is hard!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Can you explain what TTC is?
    ... what is DH?

I was in the same boat. Wanted to pass on these resources:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/

I had to look up NSV, TOM, etc. Learning new phrases here on MFP!
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You're welcome and good luck.

Btw, this might be helpful to you.

http://www.marilynglenville.com/infertility.htm
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    We have no children. No medical reason we know of that is preventing it. But after over a year of trying... no luck for us! But... my husband is ALWAYS gone, so that might have something to do with it =] Feel free to add me. I'm hoping my new weight loss will help us TTC
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) My husband and I conceived before he went to Iraq but apparently it was just a "chemical pregnancy" since I lost it at 5 weeks. So no kids for us yet, well he has a son, but no kids of our own. We'll be TTC once he gets back I think. I'm kind of scared to, I really don't want to go through that again!
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    Can you explain what TTC is?
    ... what is DH?

I was in the same boat. Wanted to pass on these resources:

http://www.acronymfinder.com/
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/

I had to look up NSV, TOM, etc. Learning new phrases here on MFP!

LOL, it's almost as bad as reading teenagers write now isn't it?! Haha
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    We have no children. No medical reason we know of that is preventing it. But after over a year of trying... no luck for us! But... my husband is ALWAYS gone, so that might have something to do with it =] Feel free to add me. I'm hoping my new weight loss will help us TTC

I'm hoping weight loss will help too! Good luck!
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts - but have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I would strongly suggest it. It might not be the answer, but at this point it can't hurt.
  • veganbaum
    Options
    *double post!
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    Hi there :) My husband and I conceived before he went to Iraq but apparently it was just a "chemical pregnancy" since I lost it at 5 weeks. So no kids for us yet, well he has a son, but no kids of our own. We'll be TTC once he gets back I think. I'm kind of scared to, I really don't want to go through that again!

Sorry about your sad times!! And it must be so hard with him in Iraq!!!!! As long as you stay positive, it's probably unlikely to happen again! I hope you conceive when he gets back! How long is he back for? Hopefully long enough for you to get pregnant and to find out so he has something nice to leave again with!!!
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    I didn't read all the posts - but have you read Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I would strongly suggest it. It might not be the answer, but at this point it can't hurt.

I will look into it, thanks for your input! :D
  • veganbaum
    Options
    I was looking for a post about childless women TTC. Most of the posts are either women who already have children or women who have PCOS. I would like to talk to people like me... I have no children, DH and I miscarried our first baby (March '08) and we have now been TTC for over 3 years. The reason I don't want to talk to women TTC that already have children is they cannot fully understand how I feel because at least they have 1 or more children and the reason I don't want to talk to women with PCOS is because they have an explanation as to why they cannot conceive - I don't. If you are in the same boat as me, feel free to add me or reply on here.

I'm obviously not a woman and take it for what it's worth since there are obviously no studies proving any of this, but being fairly active in the Paleo community, I've heard of many people having issues conceiving and being able to conceive shortly after going Paleo (usually within a few months)

I've heard the same things about veganism - I think what it might come down to is in certain circumstances, some women and/or men may need to eat more healthfully and lose weight in order to conceive. If they were on a crap food diet of fast food and junk before, drastically changing their diet could have led to conceiving.

**edited for spelling - I hate spelling errors
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options

definatly read that book!!!! the site I listed is in conjunction with the book. seriously great suipport and help there
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options

yes read that book!!!!!!!! the site I listed is in conjunction with the book.
  • veganbaum
    Options
    Aslo, if you are basing your fertile time on a cycle of the typical 28 days, that could lead to trouble conceiving - many, many women are not on a 28 day cycle and hence miss their fertility window because their cycle is different. The book I recommended can give you more info. Good luck to you.
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    [[/quote]

I've heard the same things about veganism - I think what it might come down to is in certain circumstances, some women and/or men may need to eat more healthfully and lose weight in order to conceive. If they were on a crap food diet of fast food and junk before, drastically changing their diet could have led to conceiving.

**edited for spelling - I hate spelling errors
    [/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I hate spelling and grammatical errors too!!!
  • MrsBlackman
    Options
    Aslo, if you are basing your fertile time on a cycle of the typical 28 days, that could lead to trouble conceiving - many, many women are not on a 28 day cycle and hence miss their fertility window because their cycle is different. The book I recommended can give you more info. Good luck to you.

I'm on a 34 day cycle and am using ovulation tests and Sasmar Conceive Plus at the moment. Hopefully it will work! ;o)