Anyone Else "Overweight" on the BMI Chart but Healthy, Active, Happy and not Really "Overweight"

Replies

• BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    I’m right at the very top..but I am currently in a cut to drop body fat so I can bulk later on...rinse..repeat.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    http://www.mybodygallery.com/photos-54342-body-shape.htm?StartAt=1#.WqFQrJ9Ok0M
    This site helps me see what different weights look like on different people. Keep in mind that not every photo is tagged properly so it's not always a100% accurate depiction.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    tyrindor wrote: »
    whosshe wrote: »
    tyrindor wrote: »
    I am basically normal BMI and I feel I am still very overweight. The scale goes both ways, BMI is only a guideline. A better measurement is height/waist ratio and the mirror.
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't think that 12 lbs will make any difference whatsoever in your health, so I wouldn't even worry about it.

12 pounds can make a huge difference....

Yes 12lbs makes a huge difference and the thinner you get each single pound seems to make a huge difference.

This is so underestimated. I lost 57 pounds so far and didn't notice any big changes until ~40 pounds loss. After another 17 pounds, I am noticing big changes every 5 or so pounds.

12 pounds might not make a big difference for someone 250+ pounds, but it makes a HUGE difference for anyone close to their ideal weight.

Yup. I gained 12 pounds due to a medication/lab screw up. It absolutely does make a difference -- for me, it means that clothes pre-screw-up are tight, and this weight does *not* look good on me. So I'm basically living in A-line dresses and leggings until it goes down, since I also can't afford to buy new clothes.

Maybe for someone who's overweight, it doesn't matter. But that's the equivalent of someone 200 pounds gaining 20 pounds, and I don't believe for one minute that *that* person would be told it doesn't matter.