why do exes look you up?

Options
13»

Replies

• JustSheri
    Options
    I look up people all the time. Just out of curiosity...nothing else. When I reach my goal weight and I am looking HOT, I will make mine un-private (is that even a word??) so they can all look at me!!! I wish some of my ex's look me up so they can see how happy I am!!! I am always nervous that I will run into an ex. I DO NOT want them to see me fat.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I look up people all the time. Just out of curiosity...nothing else.

Yep, me as well. I like to see how they are doing, what they look like, how they have progressed.

I never friend them or try and get back in contact though. It seems to me that if we broke and haven't spoken for a while then there was probably a good reason for that state of affairs existing. Nostalgia is not the same as reality.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Not a thing I have had to deal with but guessing several reasons.

Perhaps to see if you found someone else and how he/she compares so maybe an ego thing.
    They are a miserable person.
    To keep a foot in the door "just in case".

Wow Carl...you hit the nail on the head...

That sums up any reason I have had to deal with exes in the past several years.

Wow, sounds like most people have broken up on really bad terms. That's too bad. Well if that is the case, then yes, I suppose it would be a bit weird to get a friend request from them.

I have people who are not my exes who I would rather not have anything to do with ever again, but oddly enough, I think I'm friends with all my exes. Maybe it's because they're really cool, and I'm really cool :smokin:

Haha...I personally have not had bad break ups...it's just one of those "that ship has sailed" sort of things...

And when they do come back around, they've been manipulative and trying to squeeze their way back in and sorry....your chance was years ago. Some of them I can be friends with but on very loose terms because they just don't get the "hey I'm married" part..!!
  • Scoobies87
    Scoobies87 Posts: 379
    Options
    I always look at my exes, even though we are no longer friends. I wouldn't go as far as to add them, however I can't help but feel smug when I see that one of them (A nasty guy) is going bald and getting a belly.

As far as the exes that didn't end badly go, I wish them happiness and like to see how they are.
  • ma34113
    ma34113 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    prolly cuz they still have that tiny tiny bit of interest cuz you were apart of their live wether it ended bad or good they will alays wonder what your up to especially if you had dated for a while...its like an old friend type of thing your just interested to see whats up but not looking for trouble....i have the same prob lol
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    My husband's ex tried friending me. Um no. Sure I knew her growing up in the same town and being best friends with her cousin, but was never friends with her. She was obviously wanting to spy on my hubby. LOL

I almost considering accepting because her life doesn't look as fabulous as ours, but I thought that would just not be nice.
  • gbbhey
    gbbhey Posts: 188
    Options
    just watch the movie high fidelity. it will explain everything.
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    It is very irritating.... I don't want to talk to them or see them anymore... duh, that's why I said "hit the road" in the first place.

I've asked why they bothered to look me up again.... I know the answer now :noway:... but I'm not going into that :wink:
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    Man oh man, I deactivated my account for these reasons exactly.. the relationships are so strange and creepy. People who you wouldn't speak to if you passed them in the hallway wanna be your fb friends... it goes both ways though, one day I found myself commenting on baby pictures, of a girl I went o elementary school and thought - How creepy am I?? I got so wrapped up in being nosey seeing what other people were up to, I lost sight of the things that were real and actually exist in my world. The freed up head space is unbelievable!!

Ex relationships are always complicated and strange.. its the what if mentality, people are always gonna be curious. :happy:
  • ☆ShawnsMom08☆
    ☆ShawnsMom08☆ Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    That is...odd. I had the issue once, and removed him. 10 years later he still talks about me. Must be pretty amazing to keep him talking about me ;)

You are so awesome! Duhh! :smile:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    Haha.....thats the reason I changed my name on here!
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have friended several exes on FB. They were a significant part of my life and we ended things amicably. It never occurred to me that it would be weird. My husband also has exes as FB friends.
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    That is...odd. I had the issue once, and removed him. 10 years later he still talks about me. Must be pretty amazing to keep him talking about me ;)

You are so awesome! Duhh! :smile:

You're the most awesome of all. :D
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Another reason I refuse to be on facebook. I also change my mobile/cell number every couple of years too lol

there is a reason these people aren't in my life anymore - i don't need them coming back and f**&ng up my head

Also I bumped in to an ex the other week, kinda got me think about her again i was stressed i'd go down the depressed route agian but strangely...i got this feeling like i'd dodged a bullet
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My X-husband tried to facebook request me 3 months after he told me to "F off" via text message. I was like really dude?
  • cartern1
    cartern1 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Also, thinking about this - About 4 months ago I got a call at like 4:30am from a number I reconised but wasn't in my phone book. I answered it and it was an ex just "ringing to see how I was", she was talkin like nothing had happened. Like she hadn't ripped my heart out and shat on it.

We'd broken up about 2 years before this! What a pshyco!
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    The only ex I'm friends with on facebook is from my senior year in hs/first year in college. It ended horribly bad with some really immature actions on both parts and some serious lies told and friends loss.

But now, he's married with 2 kids and is happy. We are friends because we were just kids. It's okay to be friends now as adults. All the lost friends are friends again, we've all grown up a lot in the last 13 years.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I find their lives interesting/amusing. One who let his mum break us apart still lives with her and is still languishing in community college when he was supposed to graduate before I did (I graduated four years ago).