Walk to Mordor

Replies

• lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Finally made it past 3 days past Weathertop. Now, only 57.45 miles to Trollshaws.
  • Eire228 wrote: »
    3.1 miles today. 3.25 to Buckleberry Ferry.

Great job! :)
    zingeber wrote: »
    Hi! I started this app today and a friend kindly pointed me to this thread. I'm excited to find a group all doing this! May I invite myself in?

3.62 miles today, 1.38 remaining to Tookland

You most certainly can. Welcome to the Fellowship! :) Great job today!
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    Finally made it past 3 days past Weathertop. Now, only 57.45 miles to Trollshaws.

Congratulations! :)

2.05 Miles yesterday

11.91 Miles to 3 Days After Weathertop
  • GetFit0767
    GetFit0767 Posts: 31 Member
    Today's update:
    •March 7: 13 miles
    •March 8: 12 miles
    •Total Miles so far: 419 miles
    •Daily Pace: 6.16 miles

Milestone Updates
    •Distance to Rivendell: 39 miles
    •Distance to Mordor: 1360 miles
    •Distance back to Hobbiton: 2985 miles

I've passed "Stone Trolls," a remnant from Bilbo's journey in the hobbit.
  • fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Good morning! I’ve been with a school group in Santa Cruz this week but I’ve put in some miles! 11 to got to the Fords!
  • GetFit0767 wrote: »
    Today's update:
    •March 7: 13 miles
    •March 8: 12 miles
    •Total Miles so far: 419 miles
    •Daily Pace: 6.16 miles

Milestone Updates
    •Distance to Rivendell: 39 miles
    •Distance to Mordor: 1360 miles
    •Distance back to Hobbiton: 2985 miles

I've passed "Stone Trolls," a remnant from Bilbo's journey in the hobbit.

Great job! :)

fostersu wrote: »
    Good morning! I’ve been with a school group in Santa Cruz this week but I’ve put in some miles! 11 to got to the Fords!

Awesome job! :)
  • LoveThickOrThin
    LoveThickOrThin Posts: 48 Member
    Haha I Down loaded this yesterday. I love this app it makes walking better for me.
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    10k this morning. Made it to Buckleberry Ferry! 0.05 to go to Crickhollow. Probably should've looked ahead and done that this morning! :D
  • TEQWAR
    TEQWAR Posts: 1,616 Member
    Eire228 wrote: »
    10k this morning. Made it to Buckleberry Ferry! 0.05 to go to Crickhollow. Probably should've looked ahead and done that this morning! :D

Well, there's always this afternoon! :) I find it always feels good to get a couple of milestones under my belt in one day! Nice going.
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    edited March 2018
    ZoneFive wrote: »
    Yesterday: 5.1 miles, with snow & wind. Felt more like the hike over Caradhras, except no avalanche or rock-throwing creatures. 15.6 miles to Encounter with Black Rider.

Wow! That takes some dedication! Great job! :)

Either dedication, a touch of lunacy, or two dogs insisting on going outside RIGHT NOW. Take your pick. ;)

Over the past two days, 9.2 miles. Sneaking up on that Encounter with Black Rider -- 6.5 miles to go.

According to The Eowyn Challenge, I'm on Day Two (yikes, five days to do what Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin did in slightly more than one!), shortly after first breakfast, with the road rolling up and down.
  • Haha I Down loaded this yesterday. I love this app it makes walking better for me.

Welcome to the Fellowship! :)
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    Had a break yesterday, but got up early this morning and put 15.08 miles on my tally bringing me to 21.34 miles from Morgul Vale comes into view and 376.34 miles from journey's end.

Awesome job! :)
    Eire228 wrote: »

Wow! Awesome! :) At least you'll get the milestones two days in a row. ;)
    Yesterday: 5.1 miles, with snow & wind. Felt more like the hike over Caradhras, except no avalanche or rock-throwing creatures. 15.6 miles to Encounter with Black Rider.

Wow! That takes some dedication! Great job! :)

Either dedication, a touch of lunacy, or two dogs insisting on going outside RIGHT NOW. Take your pick. ;)

Over the past two days, 9.2 miles. Sneaking up on that Encounter with Black Rider -- 6.5 miles to go.

According to The Eowyn Challenge, I'm on Day Two (yikes, five days to do what Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin did in slightly more than one!), shortly after first breakfast, with the road rolling up and down.

LOL Dogs have that effect on us. ;) Great job!
  • 1.39 Miles yesterday

10.52 Miles to 3 Days After Weathertop
  • TEQWAR
    1.39 Miles yesterday

So close to being in single figures!
  • TEQWAR
    9.75 miles today. 11.59 miles to Morgul Vale comes into view.
  • TEQWAR wrote: »
    1.39 Miles yesterday

So close to being in single figures!

One more day should do it. ;) Maybe 5 days or so to complete it... :)
    TEQWAR wrote: »
    9.75 miles today. 11.59 miles to Morgul Vale comes into view.

Great job! :) I see another checkpoint being crossed... ;)

• Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Just passed the Ford of Bruinen - for the 1st time. Rivendell here I come.
  • soukyfitness
    soukyfitness Posts: 16 Member
    I love that! I will definitely have to get that app and travel with you. The LOTR trilogy is at the top of my favorite movies list!
  • Carnhot wrote: »
    Just passed the Ford of Bruinen - for the 1st time. Rivendell here I come.

Congratulations! :smile:
    I love that! I will definitely have to get that app and travel with you. The LOTR trilogy is at the top of my favorite movies list!

Welcome to the Fellowship! :smile:

1.39 Miles yesterday

9.13 Miles to 3 Days After Weathertop
  • TEQWAR
    edited March 2018
    1.39 Miles yesterday

9.13 Miles to 3 Days After Weathertop

Few more days like that and you'll soon see the back of this interminable waypoint!

11.6 miles today. New target - 12.99 miles to The Cross-Roads

Frodo and Sam were plodding along with heavy hearts, no longer able to care greatly about their peril. Frodo's head was bowed; his burden was dragging him down again. As soon as the great Cross-roads had been passed, the weight of it, almost forgotten in Ithilien, had begun to grow once more. Now, feeling the way become steep before his feet, he looked wearily up; and then he saw it, even as Gollum said that he would: the city of the Ringwraiths. He cowered against the stony bank.
  • Jokeen16
    Jokeen16 Posts: 253 Member
    3.65 miles today

27.11 miles to Mr Bilbos Trolls