Temptation In The Home...

Options
13»

Replies

• _annyleigh
    _annyleigh Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    JaneAero wrote: »
    I find it really difficult because my husband pays the food bill and he always buys fatty, frozen or cheap things, like sausages, burgers, chips etc.

If I tried to steer him towards the fruit, vegetables, or salad, he would buy it for me occasionally, but complain about the expense.

Because I was the only one eating it, it would often go off before I could finish the container or packet and then he would say I told you you wouldn't eat it, what a waste of money.

I got round this by continuing to put in the trolley breakfasts and dinners only.

I buy boxes of healthy cereal, or bagels that can be frozen, cartons of fresh juice, eggs, for breakfast. Nothing that can go off.

Dinners.. I put 4 or 5 frozen weight watcher dinners in the trolley every week, they can't go off and the rest of the time I make something like an omelette or a baked potato.

Lunchtime... I pay for my own food that he will never buy in a million years. I do have a lot of waste because I'm the only one eating it , but I'm the one paying for it so he can mind his own business, he can no longer complain about things going off , or going to waste.

I tend to spend most of my part-time wages now on healthy lunches , it all adds up.

Everything is about £1 per item: a bag of spinach, a packet of Mini plum tomatoes, a packet of feta cheese, an avocado.
    (I only have a Sainsbury's near me nothing cheaper and it's always around £1 an item).

This means I can't have a huge variety of different items at any one time, so it makes cooking from scratch, or complicated recipes that require multiple ingredients impossible for one person.

I try not to spend more than £7 a week on lunches.

So I might buy two tins of Weight Watchers soup in Poundland, a bag of apples, some folded flatbreads, a tub of cottage cheese, celery sticks, mini plum tomato's, spinach one week.

The following week I'll buy different items for variety.

I don't have to worry about him eating it as he's not interested.

Likewise he sits and eat all his unhealthy food in front of me, his biscuits , crisps and sweets, he makes no effort to hide any of it away, interestingly he always finds the money for the things he wants to eat, for his food and the unhealthy extras.

I think it's obvious from reading this we are not happily married, he's not particularly nice to me, but I'm 58 and feel too old to start again at my age.

I am determined to lose weight ,but it is quite difficult because he doesn't give me any feedback on my appearance and even if I was a perfect size 10 , he still wouldn't be interested.

I'm now focusing on losing weight for my health rather than worrying about looking nice, looking nice for me is tied into my husband thinking I look nice as well, but he doesn't care.

Perhaps when I do get to my target weight and I look better I will be happy with my appearance and won't care what he thinks anyway.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest because I struggle with not just losing weight and binging but also my appearance my self-esteem just everything

This is so heartbreaking. I'm sorry you're going through this. Don't lose hope - you deserve much better and you still have plenty of time to start again. My father did at 55 and found his perfect match.
  • amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    JaneAero wrote: »
    I find it really difficult because my husband pays the food bill and he always buys fatty, frozen or cheap things, like sausages, burgers, chips etc.

If I tried to steer him towards the fruit, vegetables, or salad, he would buy it for me occasionally, but complain about the expense.

Because I was the only one eating it, it would often go off before I could finish the container or packet and then he would say I told you you wouldn't eat it, what a waste of money.

I got round this by continuing to put in the trolley breakfasts and dinners only.

I buy boxes of healthy cereal, or bagels that can be frozen, cartons of fresh juice, eggs, for breakfast. Nothing that can go off.

Dinners.. I put 4 or 5 frozen weight watcher dinners in the trolley every week, they can't go off and the rest of the time I make something like an omelette or a baked potato.

Lunchtime... I pay for my own food that he will never buy in a million years. I do have a lot of waste because I'm the only one eating it , but I'm the one paying for it so he can mind his own business, he can no longer complain about things going off , or going to waste.

I tend to spend most of my part-time wages now on healthy lunches , it all adds up.

Everything is about £1 per item: a bag of spinach, a packet of Mini plum tomatoes, a packet of feta cheese, an avocado.
    (I only have a Sainsbury's near me nothing cheaper and it's always around £1 an item).

This means I can't have a huge variety of different items at any one time, so it makes cooking from scratch, or complicated recipes that require multiple ingredients impossible for one person.

I try not to spend more than £7 a week on lunches.

So I might buy two tins of Weight Watchers soup in Poundland, a bag of apples, some folded flatbreads, a tub of cottage cheese, celery sticks, mini plum tomato's, spinach one week.

The following week I'll buy different items for variety.

I don't have to worry about him eating it as he's not interested.

Likewise he sits and eat all his unhealthy food in front of me, his biscuits , crisps and sweets, he makes no effort to hide any of it away, interestingly he always finds the money for the things he wants to eat, for his food and the unhealthy extras.

I think it's obvious from reading this we are not happily married, he's not particularly nice to me, but I'm 58 and feel too old to start again at my age.

I am determined to lose weight ,but it is quite difficult because he doesn't give me any feedback on my appearance and even if I was a perfect size 10 , he still wouldn't be interested.

I'm now focusing on losing weight for my health rather than worrying about looking nice, looking nice for me is tied into my husband thinking I look nice as well, but he doesn't care.

Perhaps when I do get to my target weight and I look better I will be happy with my appearance and won't care what he thinks anyway.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest because I struggle with not just losing weight and binging but also my appearance my self-esteem just everything

I truly am sorry you are going through this... I, too, am doing this for me. You deserve happiness just as much as the next person! I hope you find your happiness one day, with or without him. If he can’t help you in your journey, do it alone! One day when you are where you want to be and have had enough, he will regret it! Many hugs sent your way!
  • momispuhomis
    momispuhomis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth or chew super minty gum. Sounds silly but sweets don't sound good when your mouth is minty. I like the feel of my fresh teeth and drink more water. I try to brush right after dinner to keep out temptation!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Reading all these comments about ice cream while having a bowl of 4 oz Blue Bell w/ 2 chopped strawberries for 101 calories ...
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    call off the engagement. kick him out or move. find someone that loves you more than they love themselves and make yourself worth that kind of love.
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    No foods are bad. With chocolate I still keep 100g bars around. The only difference now Is that Instead of eating the whole full bar I only have four pieces at the most.