DAD BOD THREAD

Replies

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    goatg wrote: »
    goatg wrote: »

Missed this before, for some reason.

You're more than welcome to inquire privately. Actually, I think I sent a message on our last time when we were told to take it to PM. :laugh:

Way back is a long road with progress. Slow. But, progress. ;)

I'm so bad at messages. I have, like, 4 or 5 from people I really like which I just haven't responded to! Sorry if yours was one :(

PS, on the friends move --you beat me to it : )

It was about 16 people who actively trained. Probably close to 20 at the peak. Was a cool group, miss training with them even though I was slow running. Love cycling, as saw in some pics.

Dating is difficult, period. Add onto it our training, work, etc and it's really a challenge.

May I ask why you stopped? I thought I remembered an injury....Was it injury, life, or a combination of elements?

No worries on the messages, if you get to it, ya do. But, think it has some info on this already.

Life for me get very busy at times. Between injuries, already a couple of other hobbies, and combination of stuff it was just easier to let it go to the side for the time being.

EDIT: Just so I don't get another "Take it to PMs" message...

Here's a pic that's about a year old. I'll be doing another later this year for comparison...

2rxgqcn.jpg

Gotcha! Understood : )

This picture is awesome. Love it.

Unfortunately, there's been a couple of hobbies I've had to give up due at least in part to medical issues. The first one was more of a blow than the Tri, as it was truly depressing for me. I was asked at some time about the Tri injries and missing a race my response was "Eh, it happens. Always another"

Thanks. I need to wash the kilt since the turnout material it's made of is very stiff. Make it a little chess likely to chafe. Most comfortable ones I have are wool or poly/wool blend.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    I'm a Dad to 5 and a Grandad to 2 - so I suppose you could call this a Grandad bod :D
    This was my first cut after 5 years off back in 2013.
    I went out to a social event, and the Wife showed me some photos a few days later, I was disgusted at how I'd let myself go.
    I was working long hours, eating rubbish and drinking far too much.

I started a cut the very next day, Just about 9 months between pics.
    (first pic is flipped, so they all face the same way, I've also had 11 sessions of laser tattoo removal, decent tan and you can hardly see them anymore).
    ujfxoqsfkdwm.png
    Pic below was 2015 somewhere around 8% BF.
    y3cfnuz1ee68.jpg
    And the last one was last year somewhere around 6-7 %
    Sorry about the weird 'stalker' type smile lol :D
    fn0zmhl05ef1.jpg

Very solid job on the transformation and getting that lean. Have you competed?
  • Sparkeysworld
    Sparkeysworld Posts: 107 Member
    I'm a Dad to 5 and a Grandad to 2 - so I suppose you could call this a Grandad bod :D
    I went out to a social event, and the Wife showed me some photos a few days later, I was disgusted at how I'd let myself go.

(first pic is flipped, so they all face the same way, I've also had 11 sessions of laser tattoo removal, decent tan and you can hardly see them anymore).
    ujfxoqsfkdwm.png
    y3cfnuz1ee68.jpg
    fn0zmhl05ef1.jpg

Very solid job on the transformation and getting that lean. Have you competed?

Hi,

No I haven't, it's something that doesn't really interest me, although I have been asked.
    Maybe in the future, who knows, I'm 47 this year so would be looking at the Masters I suppose.
    Thanks for the comment bud.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member

ujfxoqsfkdwm.png
    y3cfnuz1ee68.jpg
    fn0zmhl05ef1.jpg

Holey moley :astonished: awesome transformation..
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    karsei01 wrote: »
    896km6a26nf1.jpg

Dadbod...progress last six mnths, just training, started watching intake and planning training a bit more a month ago...give me till next summer...

You are doing great :*
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,475 Member

ujfxoqsfkdwm.png
    y3cfnuz1ee68.jpg
    fn0zmhl05ef1.jpg

Awesome transformation sir! :smile:
  • Sparkeysworld

[/quote]

Holey moley :astonished: awesome transformation.. [/quote]

Many thanks, worked my butt off the last few years :#

• Sparkeysworld

[/quote]

Awesome transformation sir! :smile: [/quote]

Thank you. :)

• Sparkeysworld
    denny_mac wrote: »

ujfxoqsfkdwm.png
    y3cfnuz1ee68.jpg
    fn0zmhl05ef1.jpg

Very impressive! I can relate to the idea of one day seeing yourself and how you've let yourself go. That happened to me too a few years back. Your photos are very inspirational, so thank you for sharing!

Thank you, it means a lot. :#
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member

ujfxoqsfkdwm.png
    y3cfnuz1ee68.jpg
    fn0zmhl05ef1.jpg

HOUSE got ripped!

Father/Son picture is awesome. It takes age to understand. Call, talk to, and hug your dad's while you can.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    beygdyaf602t.jpg
    657r5xs51vbj.jpg
    Laugh it up, fuzzballs.

not laughing even a little! you look great TJ :)<3<3<3<3
  • Keto_N_Iron
    thedcubed1 wrote: »
    00zct4gd28dx.jpg

Dad of three munchkins. Highest weight was 245 lbs... Currently standing at about 190 lbs and working on trimming down and getting stronger

@CoffeeAndContour @_Deadman_Walking_ ... Your turn for bringing me out of hiding :wink:

first time in this thread and I"m loving it! Looking great Z!
  • Keto_N_Iron
    My yearly yo-yoing dad bod

5dpfmxcm9vqj.jpeg

j6bmh7r86x13.jpeg

damn... missed this one too?? hmmm hmmmm nice!
  • Keto_N_Iron
    w4n3gd8v2ng2.jpeg

Man, this took me all day to decide to do (I’m just that self-conscious. Sorry to be so dramatic folks).

42 years old and 4 kids of my own and 2 almost stepkids (btw, thank you @Clever_User_Name for helping me finally decide after all these years with your post that I will always count my lost daughter, despite what people think).

I have the stretch marks to prove that I have jumped wildly from 155lbs to 215lbs and back again many times over the last 3 decades.

YES!!!!!! <3
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    gr4ghymc3jus.jpeg
    qaa9kzj3kz1o.jpeg
    Things are happening I guess

wxcfmt4n4b8v.png

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    x4xuyp2sj11x.jpeg

Still won’t go out in public shirtless.

Well.. for no good reason. You look super fit