Eating all of it (Halo Top)

Options
2»

Replies

• annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Lol I've never not eaten the whole pint... thats the whole reason I eat halo top to begin with
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    You guys are crazy! First time I bought it I ate the whole pint and never bought it again. Lol
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    2wegurweet2p.png
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    If I open a pint of Halo Top, my intention is to eat the whole pint. Virtually every time. I can easily fit it in my calories and macros so I don't consider it a binge in the least, let alone an "uncontrollable binge".
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Lol I can't without side effects
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Personally I think it is a binge if the intention was to have a bit of dessert and boom the entire pint is gone. If the intention is "I'm eating this pint for breakfast, *kitten* y'all" and nothing else, then ok.

Fitting into calorie counts or macros is easy to say and do at the end of the day. But binging on a pint and using up 200-300 cals in the middle of the day sucks since it leaves less allowance for dinner....

The struggle is real.

@psychod787 Go Canes!

Sorry, but I peeked at your diary. 1700 cals a day is not a lot, but can be highly voluminous if you let it. I see that you eat a lot of processed foods. While there is nothing wrong with that, but in my experience, it does not leave me full at all. One of the reasons I eat my so call "Junk" food at night to help me feel full during the day. That's just on tactic I use. You could also call the halo top lunch maybe? Now the thought of it being a "binge" is gone. For dinner, might I suggest a high protein, high fiber dinner. Maybe a grilled chicken salad with fresh veggies, and a balsamic vinegar dressing? You could have one big AZZ salad for 2 hundred calories. Just my 2 cents! Best of luck!

BOOO U! lol

Thanks man. You're right. I don't cook a lot. But just got an Instant Pot so hoping to actually use it and eat better foods. Too *kitten* cold to grill outside in the northeast, at least for me. And yes, I have to turn to salads every now and again to fill up and to increase fiber. Appreciate your comments. I always find it valuable to hear others' thoughts on this site.

Cooking Angel hair coleslaw into dishes increases the volume by a lot with hardly any calories!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    If I don’t have the calories for an entire pint, I don’t even bother buying it
  • Steelpit202
    Steelpit202 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I usually eat a whole pint of Halo Top, it is actually fairly macro-friendly for me at least and I don't consider that to be a binge.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    As a diabetic I have noted, as have many others on diabetes forums, that a pint seems to have a much larger effect on blood sugar levels than would be indicated by the information on the package. Not sure in what way the package information is misleading but it definitely is, according to my glucose meter. I eat a quarter of a pint.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Personally I think it is a binge if the intention was to have a bit of dessert and boom the entire pint is gone. If the intention is "I'm eating this pint for breakfast, *kitten* y'all" and nothing else, then ok.

Fitting into calorie counts or macros is easy to say and do at the end of the day. But binging on a pint and using up 200-300 cals in the middle of the day sucks since it leaves less allowance for dinner....

The struggle is real.

@psychod787 Go Canes!
    For dinner, might I suggest a high protein, high fiber dinner. Maybe a grilled chicken salad with fresh veggies, and a balsamic vinegar dressing? You could have one big AZZ salad for 2 hundred calories. Just my 2 cents! Best of luck!

That sounds terrible! If that's the only way to lose weight, I would be fat forever.

I have no idea what your journey has been. Personally, I make trade offs. If I want pizza tonight, I eat a salad during the day. I like to flexible diet. I generally follow the 80/20 suggestion. When I started my weight loss, I was a very restrictive eater. Picture primal with too few fats. I came to love veggies and simple foods. A far cry from my SAD diet I used to eat that brought me to over 400lbs and 33 years old. What sounds terrible to me is, being hungry all the time! So best of luck to you. I am willing to make some sacrifices to try... I state... try to maintain a 200lb weight loss!

Congrats on the weight loss. Must be doing something right.
  • laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Halo Top is kind of gross. I like enlighten much more, but like Halo Top it's pricey so I split it in half typically. Fun to put in a protein shake for texture.