Single Parent Support Group

Options
13»

Replies

• empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    @CaptainFantastic01 are you sure you want to open this particular can of worms?? Toddlers are treats compared to teenagers!

One tip (that I am still struggling with as I have no backup when I am too exhausted) - set your boundaries and stick to them. Never falter!

Exactly: say what you mean & mean what you say-regardless of their ages. And, never threaten a punishment that you won't follow through with.
  • empresssue
    Options
    Single mom of an almost 19-yr-old boy, who is mostly my mini-me. I've been divorced almost 4 years. His dad is very involved with him, so that helps a lot. Plus, I instilled in him that we live together, so we have to take care of each other. He pretty well does his share around the house, not always as well as I'd like :neutral: All in all, he's a good kid.

But, yes, ABSOLUTELY, you need to take time for yourself to do things for yourself. Don't feel guilty about it-it's necessary.
  • amyalisonnnaa
    amyalisonnnaa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    cct204 wrote: »
    Newly single mama with a 3 year old mini-me. Just at the beginning stages of the divorce process so I'm feeling super overwhelmed with all of this.
    We were together since I was 18 so I don't even know how to be single. Let alone be a single mama.

I'm in awe everyday of you chicks who do it and make it look easy.

Your doing great. I'm a mama to a 10 month old boy. And I just separated with my husband. I'm also at the beginning stage and it's as you said overwhelming. Trying to remember my self worth. And also remembering that there's a little person looking up to me.
  • empresssue
    Options
    cct204 wrote: »
    Newly single mama with a 3 year old mini-me. Just at the beginning stages of the divorce process so I'm feeling super overwhelmed with all of this.
    We were together since I was 18 so I don't even know how to be single. Let alone be a single mama.

I'm in awe everyday of you chicks who do it and make it look easy.

Your doing great. I'm a mama to a 10 month old boy. And I just separated with my husband. I'm also at the beginning stage and it's as you said overwhelming. Trying to remember my self worth. And also remembering that there's a little person looking up to me.

Baby steps: you can do this. The little person will grow up to admire his/her mama :smile:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Hard work, but if you put the effort in, 20 years from now, you will look back and be glad.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Hard work, but if you put the effort in, 20 years from now, you will look back and be glad.

This .. :)
  • Tara_1216
    Tara_1216 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a 17 year old girl and 14 year old boy. They are pretty great kids. They pick up the slack since I’m in nursing school and work full time. It’s crazy but they keep me going!