Who eats more beans & lentils than meat?

Options
2»

Replies

• dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    beaglady wrote: »
    This is my husband,too. He's a carnivore. When we have a meatless meal you'd think 'In the arms of an angel' was playing in the background as he eats because he's so sad. He's practically a meme.

Posts like your make me miss the 'awesome' button.

This has done wonders for my self esteem today.
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I practically live on beans, but not for ethical reasons or becouse they make me "feel fresh" i just like the taste alot. I mostly eat chicken when i eat meat becouse i think it tastes better than pork and its much cheaper than beef. I do live on a rather strict budget and i guess that ads into the fact that i eat alot of beans. I dont think ive ever eaten lentils though, but im thinking of adding it depending on the taste since it seem to have good nutritional values.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    skater411 wrote: »
    Ive been noticing a HUGE different in my body, attitude & well-being from changing up my diet. I still consume meat, but mostly chicken never red meat. Eating more plant base is amazing. Check out the protein difference with beans/lentils to meat. You’ll start feeling fresh

Glad you found a way of eating that works for you. During my three years in vegetarian yoga retreat centers, I always felt something was missing (not in a psychological sense) during meatless meals. I met a lot of ethical vegans and applaud them. Alas, it is not for me.

I do like plant-based recipes as a base, and add meat. I'll soon be making Moosewood's Best Slit Pea Soup recipe, plus ham shanks (from Wellshire Farms, as I do care how animals are treated during their life.)

I use 2 C peas and 6 C water, halve the cooking time, and skip the add-ins in step 3: http://momwhoruns.com/best-ever-split-pea-soup/
  • lc355
    lc355 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't eat many beans & lentils, but I eat even less meat :D (gave up over 20 years ago). I feel unfresh if I've eaten loads of sugar or high starch foods.