looking for Keto friends!

Options
2»

Replies

• sjcsviola
    sjcsviola Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve started Keto this week and I’ll be honest, being a fussy eater is a NIGHTMARE on this diet but I’m persevering and even if I’m eating roughly the same type meals every day I have dropped 8lbs since last Sunday (most came off by Tuesday actually) .... just looking for Keto peeps and general advice from people who have successfully dropped the weight even on a less than exciting meal plan lol.... 27lbs to go to get back to lowest weight in 2011 and then plan to go to calorie controlled diet and reduced carbs but not quite as low as the current goal of 20-25g per day!
  • BaldIrishMonk
    BaldIrishMonk Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Check out Dr Berg on YouTube. He is an awesome resource for understanding the science behind it!
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Started keto back in January and have had some decent success with it. I haven't really felt deprived and I'm excited that my husband has now jumped on the keto bandwagon with me. We're currently following the meal plan set out by Ruled Me. It makes it easy to know exactly what to eat and it helps me hit all the macros. Add me, I'm always looking for more friends.
  • 357girl
    357girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This group got quiet... How's everyone doing?? My first week had me down 7.5 pounds... I weigh in again on Sunday.
  • RaleighCaldwell
    RaleighCaldwell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Rocking along here! Almost 90# gone in 7.5 months! I've been exercising as well. Love this way of eating and living!
  • 357girl
    357girl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    AnvilTime wrote: »
    Rocking along here! Almost 90# gone in 7.5 months! I've been exercising as well. Love this way of eating and living!

That's fantastic! I'm loving it, too, though I'm still new... I'm ready to clean out my old baking books - I don't ever want to go back.

• RaleighCaldwell
    RaleighCaldwell Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    357girl wrote: »
    AnvilTime wrote: »

That's fantastic! I'm loving it, too, though I'm still new... I'm ready to clean out my old baking books - I don't ever want to go back.

Once you get into the swing of it, it just becomes a way of life. I have a few folks that I'm coaching and they say the same thing. Don't toss the books just yet, you can still have a life and enjoy some carbs now and then, just not like we used to do!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I also am trying keto and hoping to lose about 20 lbs. good luck with your journey!
  • tinyguts
    tinyguts Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 4 days in! Add me!
  • lavignema34
    lavignema34 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m about a month into the keto diet too. So far so good.
  • LoriAnne0621
    LoriAnne0621 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would love to be a keto friend also.
    I lost over 150lbs on a low carb/keto diet between 2004 and 2006. I reached my goal weight of 132 and stayed within a couple lbs of that... sometimes higher and sometimes lower for over 10 years.
    One of the things that I found to be so encouraging for me was once I reached my goal weight and maintained for about 6 months. My body reset to the new weight and I was able to SLOWLY reintroduce carbs into my diet once more. I stopped counting carbs... or calories but just ate normally.. meaning not too much but anything I wanted.
    It was very poor health that bumped my body back into the weight gain cycle I once lived in. I was bed bound for almost a year and my weight climbed back up 45 lbs before I got serious again just this week. :smiley:

The place to start is with keto sticks to measure your ketosis so you know for sure you are in ketosis. Try to eat below 20 carbs a day until the sticks turn good and purple. You do NOT need to fast... just stay away from the carbs. Read all labels as there are many hidden carbs in things you would not expect. If you keep the carbs low and don't cheat even once. You will reach ketosis in less than 3 days.

You will stop craving sweets and instead must deal with 'habit' but not the cravings. I found cheating was a nightmare as it will bump you out of ketosis and cause crazy cravings for sweets and breads and such.

Anything you want to eat look up the carb count online. It is very easy. As for MFP, set your carbs to about 10% once you are in ketosis. Fat and Protein limits are as much as you want. But you can still count your calories if you want. Back when I did, I did not count calories, only carbs. So if I wanted to eat a huge porterhouse steak, I did.

The longer you are on the diet the less 'tasty' sweet things will taste. By the time I reached my goal I no longer cared for sweet soda... before I began Dr. Pepper was a staple. lol

Good luck to everyone!

LoriAnne

• BexB42
    BexB42 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to get going on a keto eating plan. I am addicted to sugar and it is slowly making me heavier, and the teeth... So, I am trying to compile recipes, snack ideas, etc so I do not get bored. Luckily I like having a basic diet, I just need to stop buying garbage to put in my body. I am worth it and so are you all! Anyone who wants to add me, I try to log in daily, doesn't always work, though I have to get more strict with tracking food. I know a few people who did keto and lost quite a bit of weight, kept it off.
  • ICantuMom
    ICantuMom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started on Tuesday. So far so good... the Keto flu hasn’t kicked in yet, still waiting. We are always looking for support. We want this to be our new norm, our lifestyle. I’ve different noticed the difference already 7lbs down and my energy is good. We bought the Keto strips and I’m already in Kitosis. My husband is still not there (any hits).
    Please add me! :D
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I am really struggling yesterday and today... craving FRUIT!!!!! My husband is on a diet too but not the same... so it's very hard... we can't afford to have everyone eat like I do... (kids will not eat what he does lol). So stuck making 3 different suppers... some nights I just don't eat.

Also my muscles feel SO heavy... and out of breath just walking out of a room... heart palpitations are consent for the last few days. I also have a cold. everything that I want to take for it has sugar in it. :(

Also have a birthday party to attend this weekend. We will have to stay overnight at our cottage to attend... no water as they turn that on until may. So stressing about what I will eat or even drink at the party.

I need some encouragement today :(
  • heatherdonovan3
    heatherdonovan3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Anyone doing Keto feel free to add me. I'm on week 4 and need keto buddies to help keep me motivated
  • MelissaDawn_216
    MelissaDawn_216 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started Keto 2 weeks ago so far so good. Already seeing results! Good luck!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following low carb daily forum group. It's one of many LCHF/Keto friendly groups here in in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/1143-keto