Do you track your veggies?

Options
Hi.... I'm just wondering how accurate everyone is when it comes to tracking their veggies??

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    It depends. If I get veggies on a deli sandwich I usually don’t log them, and I’m pretty blasé about anything on a salad that isn’t meat, cheese, or dressing. That said, I do try and log everything when it’s convenient, as much to see how I’m doing nutritionally than out of any calorie concern.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yes, not just for the calories but also because I'm tracking fiber.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    When I started out I was weighing and logging everything pretty accurately, now I've a pretty good idea when it comes to most things that I don't weigh stuff except pasta and cereal, because I can eyeball the portions pretty well.

If it's low calorie items like green veg, it's not going to make too much difference unless you are very close to goal weight, however, if you find that you aren't losing as expected then you would want to knuckle down on logging them.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes. I eat a crap-ton of veggies daily and the calories add up. I weigh and record them.

If it was just lettuce on a sammy or a dill pickle spear, i might not bother.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I do, for the calories and fiber.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I log vegetables, especially since I love green peppers and will eat a whole one with lunch, but if I just throw a few spinach leaves on my sandwich then no.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    yep.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I count my veggies and the fat that I cook/dip them in.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    When I logged, I wasn't as anal about it as I was with more calorie dense foods, but yes...I loosely tracked them.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    When I was losing, I did weigh and log everything except leafy veggies which I logged by cup (eyeballing).

Now that I'm in maintenance, I still log them because I track fiber and also because I'm trying to increase my servings of veggies. But I only weigh them if I've got the bowl on the scale anyway, except for root veggies and avocados which can be calorie dense so always get weighed.
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Yes, I weigh everything apart from water
  • nikipam11
    nikipam11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yes - i track veggies.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Most of the time I log vegetables, especially since I love green peppers and will eat a whole one with lunch, but if I just throw a few spinach leaves on my sandwich then no.

High five, whole green pepper eating buddy! I felt vaguely bad for ages because green and red peppers are my favorite veggies and I figured I should be eating kale and broccoli instead - I figured peppers were probably just water and crunch. Then I actually looked up how many awesome micro nutrients were in them and now I don’t feel bad at all.
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    4/5 portions of veg a day soon adds up to 200/300 calories so yes I log them all.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    I track all.my vegetables because have to monitor certain nutrients and overall carb intake.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I track most of my vegetables, but I tend to eat huge portions of vegetables and they make up a good 75% of most of my meals. I'm not terribly meticulous about it though, I tend to track by cups as opposed to weight, especially when it comes to greens.