Addicted to Diet Pepsi

Options
When I set my mind to it, I don't have trouble eating healthier food portions and vegetables. I have trouble NOT drinking artificial sweeteners like in Diet Pepsi. I could drink a 2 Liter of Diet Pepsi, every day! What is a cold drink that would give me the same satisfaction? I tried LaCroix (sparkling water), is that good for you? What else is there? If I made a sweet iced raspberry tea with a little raw sugar, is that okay?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Too much aspertame gives me headaches. Other than that, I drink Diet Dr. Pepper, Monster Ultra Zero, Clear Americans without any *kittens* given.
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I drink a diet coke a day and love it. Some family members have a problem with the artificial sweetener but I have done my research and see no reason to worry. There is also a great post on here on the same issue...if I can find it I will share...keep enjoying the diet Pepsi.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet coke a day and love it. Some family members have a problem with the artificial sweetener but I have done my research and see no reason to worry. There is also a great post on here on the same issue...if I can find it I will share...keep enjoying the diet Pepsi.

@mikhnpaitsmum this the one? https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1308408/why-aspartame-isnt-scary/p1
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @tinkerbellang83
    Yes! Thank you!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    When I set my mind to it, I don't have trouble eating healthier food portions and vegetables. I have trouble NOT drinking artificial sweeteners like in Diet Pepsi. I could drink a 2 Liter of Diet Pepsi, every day! What is a cold drink that would give me the same satisfaction? I tried LaCroix (sparkling water), is that good for you? What else is there? If I made a sweet iced raspberry tea with a little raw sugar, is that okay?

There's nothing wrong with some Diet Pepsi. If you are actually drinking a 2 Liter a day, I would say that's an expensive habit and a lot of carbonation for your stomach, so if you want to cut back just do so gradually to avoid a caffeine headache. But if you're drinking a can with lunch every day, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

If you really want to ditch the artificial sweeteners, and you have the calories to include flavored beverages with sugar in them that's fine too.
  • ElizabethAN2017
    ElizabethAN2017 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If for whatever reason you don't want to consume aspartame, sucralose or splenda, you could always try Zevia - it is made with stevia. Maybe if you have an issue with one of the other sweeteners, you may be able to use stevia. If you don't have an issue with any of them, I would probably suggest that you just continue with what you like.