University/College

Options
Hey there! Just wondering if there's any other gals or guys out there that are in the midst of getting ready to go back to school? I go back on September 8 (a little less than a month away!) And my biggest fear is falling into the "I'm too busy to eat healthy" mind frame or the ever popular, "I need to snack because it's exam time and I'm stressed" or the "hey there's a party Friday night, BYOB." Wondering if anyone wants to get together and start a group/thread/challenge to support each other through the school year!

I don't know how to start a challenge, so anyone with experience doing so would be great to get us started! But I want anyone who feels like they want to join to join! We can even get a little cheesy and come up with a sorority/academic themed name :P

What does everyone think?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I love the idea! Im a dietetics major :]
  • musicalshadow00
    musicalshadow00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm going back to school August 21st!
    EVERY year I end up in that category of "I'm too busy" to go to the gym, eat healthy - anything! lol...

This is my senior year and I would really love for this year to be different..
  • Cadenpet
    Cadenpet Posts: 79
    Options
    I love it. I start orientation next Tuesday!
  • rider797
    rider797 Posts: 52
    Options
    whoot whoot love school!
  • brittg7
    brittg7 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    starting my credential year and its gonna be busy so the gym will be a real struggle but i know i must go... :)
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    Love the idea! Summer has made me lazy, and I start my freshman year September 7th. I'd really like a kickstart of some sort so I have a routine to carry into the year! My BIGGEST fear is getting lazy and not exercising and gaining back my loss. Let us know if you have any ideas =)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! I'll be in my senior year and taking 6 classes! Anatomy/Physiology will keep me busy, but will probably motivate me as well because I'll be learning about how it all works. I'll also be taking a gym class, so I'll be forced to go to the gym at least twice a week.
  • cutiekaylaa
    Options
    I like this idea! I'm starting my first year of college in September.
  • MyouTakara
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I think my biggest problem will be those weeks where every single professor decides EVERYTHING must be due THE EXACT SAME DAY! Don't you hate that?
  • hollym29
    Options
    I'd definitely take up that challenge! I start in a week, and it'll be my first time away from home. I only started my diet/exercise routine a week and a half ago, so I'm worried about sticking with it.
  • vulrich93
    Options
    I like the idea! I've always wanted to come out of my freshman year saying that I avoided the 'Freshman 15'. Lets do it! I start university September 7th... so nervous!
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I love this idea. This is my 4th year, and the FIRST time that I have compared my class schedule and school fitness center hours. haha. So, I'm filling up my breaks with 'scheduled workout time' I HOPE It works. :D
  • hopelsslyh0peful
    hopelsslyh0peful Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    love this idea. i'm going back as a sophomore and i know last year i was stuck in 'i'm too busy and stressed to eat healthy and exercise' state of mind. i want this year to be different.
  • mom22kiddos
    mom22kiddos Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I too get so busy with school that I slack in the gym/eating department. Count me in :)
  • rider797
    rider797 Posts: 52
    Options
    thankfully i am forced to workout daily :)
  • x_sotonguetied
    Options
    i also love this idea!!

i also get into the "i'm stressed" excuse or the "friends are ordering pizza and i don't want to be left out" sort of thing.

plus just the added challenge of being on a college budget while trying to eat good!

i have plenty to lose and if i can do it WHILE away at school - what an accomplishment that would be!

anyone can feel free to add me, as well :)
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    Count me in!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Sounds good to me! I think my biggest problem will be those weeks where every single professor decides EVERYTHING must be due THE EXACT SAME DAY! Don't you hate that?

I do hate that! It's like they plan it that way on purpose! I can just imagine them all sitting around having coffee and coordinating their due dates...
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    Yess I need this!! My last year of school & no more gaining weight! Just loosing it!
  • andforpoise
    Options
    Love the idea! Summer has made me lazy, and I start my freshman year September 7th. I'd really like a kickstart of some sort so I have a routine to carry into the year! My BIGGEST fear is getting lazy and not exercising and gaining back my loss. Let us know if you have any ideas =)

I created the post so we can all brainstorm ideas :) I don't really have any yet, I've never hosted a challenge before and I think we need something that will work for our busy lifestyles! I'm thinking maybe a virtual recipe book? That's one idea... a challenge of sorts for sure... (maybe to see who can bench press the most textbooks? ha kidding!)

So start thinking everyone, blurt anything out, let's see what we come up with!

PS - WOW to the volumes of response! Made me even more excited :)