Water water everywhere.... what do you drink?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I usually drink tap water if I'm at home & at work I drink Great Value bottled water (Walmart brand) since the tap water at work is awful!
  • maggibailey
    maggibailey Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I use to drink tap water. It tasted delicious when I lived in the Washington state. Now in Nevada it tastes like poo . I just got a fantastic water cooker from Costco for 2 dollars a month and they deliver me 5 gallon bottles for 6 bucks each. The very best part is it is both cold and hot so I can brew tea or a French roast coffee with it. I went from a five gallon bottle every six weeks to every two because of it. I might be a bit too hydrated now.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Tap. Bottled water is a waste of money.

It is so funny when people turn their nose up to any thing that is not bottled water. I always say, you have no idea where that water came from or what is in it. Just makes me laugh. I drink filtered water, but I buy bottled water for guests and for when I will be out and about, because it is easy to grab.
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I only buy bottled water if I'm thirsty in work. Other than that, it's tap water or Adirondack White Chocolate sparkling water.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Been making different flavors of coffee lately i know coffee helps me to not be starving and iv been craving alot of sweet so i make maple coffee and pepermint cocoa coffee. So yummy iv been drinking a stupid amount of it. likely unhealthy but mmmm
  • karynclarke
    karynclarke Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Considering bottled water doesn't have to go through anywhere near as stringent regulatory testing as tap water (at least in the UK), I'll stick with good ole tap water.
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Filtered tap through my refrigerator and Walgreens bottled water when I am working.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Filtered tap. Bottled water has it convenience when necessary, but not at home.
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Tap, which comes from a private well. A well that gets tested maybe every five years, after I nag and nag and nag for three years and eleven months. It's like some landowners don't think coliforms are a thing that can get into ground water, or anything. :\

I carry a 16 oz Nalgene everywhere. If I need water, I'll get it out of any fountain or tap that is not labeled "not potable". I do not buy water as it is the biggest scam perpetuated upon the US population, and world at large, period. Never mind it just blowing up the plastics plague on this planet as an extra benefit.

I've tried one of the Stur water enhancers. Better than many I've tried but still nothing to write home about and tend to use more in hiking water than anything. I still miss and mourn the death of Kraft's Crystal Light Red Tea singles. Pretty much every day.

• kasey39
    kasey39 Posts: 39 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Mostly water (tap, from a spring-fed well.) Water with breakfast then coffee for the morning, then back to water. Occasionally decaf iced tea (that I brewed with my well water.) I've always preferred water, but I'm sure I'm still not drinking enough. I wish standard (i.e.cheap) water bottles had measurements on them so I could track it better!)
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    I use to drink tap water. It tasted delicious when I lived in the Washington state. Now in Nevada it tastes like poo . I just got a fantastic water cooker from Costco for 2 dollars a month and they deliver me 5 gallon bottles for 6 bucks each. The very best part is it is both cold and hot so I can brew tea or a French roast coffee with it. I went from a five gallon bottle every six weeks to every two because of it. I might be a bit too hydrated now.

Washington state??? Where.... I was in Spokane for 8 years... and I LOVED it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Tap water - we live in an area that has great tasting tap water.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Tap water - we live in an area that has great tasting tap water.

Please, do share... where is this great tasting tap water? lol
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Tap water at home...we have a well and our water tastes fantastic.

Water cooler at work with my refillable water bottle.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    After drinking plain water by the gallon whilst living overseas, I drink carbonated water most of the time now. But if it didn't bore me our tap water is just fine.
  • the8BitGirl
    the8BitGirl Posts: 38 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I am super-lucky where I live in New Zealand that my city's tap water comes from natural aquifers which provide some of the best untreated water to be found anywhere. :)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,188 Member
    Options
    It's great to see so many folks eschew bottled water. A good carbon block filter can take out chlorine, chloramine, and other VOCs if they are in your tap water. So many bottled waters are repackaged tap water. Nestle is trying to buy the water supply for Hood River, Oregon. Most of the bottles don't get recycled, but I hope that's been getting better lately. At one point, I used a statistic that if you put all the bottled water bottles that don't get recycled on the beach in California, they would cover the beach. From Oregon to Mexico.

Carynclarke is right about less stringent regulation for bottled water. It's true in the USA too. The Natural Resources Defense Council did a study years ago looking at contamination in bottled water. The good news is that almost half of the bottled waters tested had levels of contamination low enough that they could pass tap water regulations. Almost half....
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    In Chicago tap water tastes like *kitten*.
    A filter fixes that
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Adirondak White Chocolate sparking water, most of the time. If I don't have that, I drink plain ol' tap water.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I drink bottled water because I don't like the taste of our tap water. We have one of those filter pitchers but I'm tired of refilling the stuff all the time, honestly, but it's what I use for tea/coffee.