HELP

Options
I have been on a calorie diet of 1200 for nearly a month.... I have a relaxed day on Sundays to spend and eat with the family (doesn’t involve takeaways or anything back just increased calorie) however my starting weight was 58kg 9st and it’s still the same

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Do you still log on your "relaxed" day? That springs up as the most likely culprit with the information we have here.
  • ilknursahin2010
    ilknursahin2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do log it yes
  • Ivanapoutine
    Ivanapoutine Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    In the same boat. I am told my metabolism has slowed down (37). It’s very frustrating, feeling like you are trying and then jumping on the scale to see it at the same or even sometimes (gasp) higher. I had that experience this morning. I reassess and think “what are my options? Give up and get bigger or make adjustments where needed”. So on my daily morning walk I have committed to 1200-1500 cals (exercise dependent) and no more (other than 1 meal a week as long as it equates what I burned for the day). It sucks. It’s frustrating. But the only choice is to adjust until you start to see the scale go down. I have no interest in going hard as it will not last. I need to find that sweet spot where I feel satisfied (enough) and am still losing, even if it’s slow. Feel free to add me if you need some extra encouragement
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I just kept trying to hit my daily calorie goal. It did help to increase my exercising so I could "earn" more calories to consume every day. I did lose weight and reach my goal. I drank a lot of water to avoid water retention. I started the Couch to 5K walk/jog/run program. I went to a Zumba class three times a week. Maybe you could walk two or three miles before you go out to dinner. I found sometimes exercise reduced my appetite (that's not true for everyone) and I wouldn't eat everything on my plate. Just some adjustments I made.
  • Vis77
    Vis77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is my standard advice. Get your blood work done especially your thyroid level. Get that where it should be if its out of wack. Start walking. Try for 10000 steps a day. Get a step counter and get more active. Its not just about calorie burn here, many, many benefits to getting active. Pray mediate for help. Fast once in a while. Try different food. Find your calorie hold level by weighing every day. When you know that, subtract like 200 to 500 calories per day. The "trick" is to slip in right below the calorie hold level, that way your Body is not fighting you as much. More power to ya. I have went from 254 to 177 today, 2.5 years. First 3 months banging my head against wall and little progress.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Do you use a scale for weighing food?

I'm 58.... my metabolism hadn't slowed down - I had.

When I first started on here last April..... I literally couldn't walk, so I had to be extra vigilent when it came to my food intake.

I never really realized how much "a serving" size was till I started weighing everything.

I think if you do an honest two weeks of weighing and logging you will notice a difference.

Also..... I never eat back more than half my exercise calories because a lot of the exercise calculations are a tad over the actual burn.

I've seen people post 900 calories for 1 hour of cleaning house. Possible, yessssss. Probable.... not likely.

• ZazieMFP
    ZazieMFP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do log it yes

And does it falls within your 1200 daily allowance?
  • ilknursahin2010
    ilknursahin2010 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ZazieMFP wrote: »
    I do log it yes

And does it falls within your 1200 daily allowance?

Nooo on my rest days it definitely over..... since I wrote this I lost 2kg though so maybe it was my body trying to adjust