DATING 101

Options
Let's say you had a friend who was joining the dating world for pretty much the first time in their life, as they had always been in relationships in the past.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE SAID FRIEND? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DATING AS AN ADULT?

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    "Don't get murdered"

ETA - Probably not to expect a lot and to not try too hard to find something long-term too quickly.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Keep your standards high.
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Never use, a dating site! I wish, that someone told me this!
  • BishopWankapin
    BishopWankapin Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Get the gift cards up front.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Ask them how many lizards they're comfortable with first. You don't want to show up with 30 again if their lizard limit is like 2 and end up eating chicken nuggets by myself in the McDonald's parking lot today

You don't? Oh, right... Mcdonals. Duh. Definitely go to wendy's for nuggets.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Ask them how many lizards they're comfortable with first. You don't want to show up with 30 again if their lizard limit is like 2 and end up eating chicken nuggets by myself in the McDonald's parking lot today

You don't? Oh, right... Mcdonals. Duh. Definitely go to wendy's for nuggets.

Wendy's is for jr bacon cheeseburgers. Donalds nugs fo lyfe.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Keep your standards high, and your expectations low.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Set (healthy/realistic) standards and stick to them.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Let's say you had a friend who was joining the dating world for pretty much the first time in their life, as they had always been in relationships in the past.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE SAID FRIEND? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DATING AS AN ADULT?

I'm not sure, but following because I have a "friend" in the same boat. Hoping to get some pointers. ;)
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    learn this word NEXT...