WEEK 2 ~ Team Amazing Grace (CLOSED GROUP) August Challenge

Options

Replies

• amazing_grace♥
    Options
    If cycling is included, I can take on at least another 10 miles. My *typical* days are not consistent, so I have to just aim for a total mileage above whatever my normal weekly mileage. So I am aiming for 25 miles of walking/running this week total. I can count *extra* bike rides as any that are not a commuting ride. And I can easily cover 10 of those. If you can't fine anyone to take on the remaining five miles let me know. I can bike 15 miles in one weekend ride on the trail easily.

SarahRuth - you're a BEAST!!! hahahaha.
    Thanks!! I'll be posting updates to show where we are on miles completed each day..... I might need ya!! :love:
  • song2sing
    song2sing Posts: 183
    Options
    song2sing in a nutshell!!

I am a wife, and my husband Dale and I have been married for almost 34 years! I have 3 children who all married to wonderful spouses, giving us a grand total of 6 kids!

Grandma of two children Hallie age 6, and Colby (2 in December)! And our youngest son's wife will deliver a little one in January! I love being called, "Grandma Gingie" (I collect gingerbread thingys). Grandmahood is, by far, THE best job I have ever had!! The benefits are priceless and the perks are amazing! I have a joy beyond measure in my heart and soul as a Grandma! I am thankful that God had such a great plan to give parents a renewed and joyous outlook on life with those "grandblessings", especially after their children leave the nest and the house is quiet!!!

Zone 23 calls me on Sundays to teach the 2 and 3 year old class at my church. I also work as an Administrative Assistant at a denominational office throughout the week.

Enjoy playing with my grandchildren, walking on the beach, quiet times, shopping and vacations with family, traveling, photography and drinking up God's beauty that surrounds me!

Love how this site has helped me to grow confident in who I am as a very important individual. I am accountable to no one but myself, and have needed this discipline (supplied by MFP) for many years! It is feeling good to be healthy and I thank all those who encourage me each and every day!
  • taranmisty
    taranmisty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When I first got married an aunt of mine gave me my very first taste of home recipe book. Everything I cooked out of there seemed to turn out well. This is still a favorite recipe. It freezes and warms over well and can even be modified to go in the crock pot to be ready when you get home from work!!

Pork with three peppers
    Ingredients
    1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
    2 medium onions, sliced and separated into rings
    1 garlic clove, minced
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
    1 each medium sweet red, yellow and green pepper, julienned
    1/4 cup tomato paste
    1/4 cup salsa
    1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoons salt
    3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup cold water
    Hot cooked rice
    Directions
    In a large skillet, stir-fry the pork, onions and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, peppers, tomato paste, salsa, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
    Combine the flour and water until smooth; gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 270 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
  • Xtine72
    Xtine72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    50 Swimmer Presses CHECK
    5.2 Miles CHECK
    Water CHECK

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!!! check

:glasses:
  • song2sing
    Options
    August 9, 2011

~50 Squat Kicks
    ~50 Swimmer’s Presses
    ~1 Extra Mile Jog/Walk Combo
    ~50 Situps or Ab Crunches
    ~50 Mountain Climbers
    ~8 Cups of Water
    ~Under Calorie Goal

Joyful in the Journey,
    song2sing

Hugs to all in this journey with me!
  • song2sing
    Options
    50 Swimmer Presses CHECK
    5.2 Miles CHECK
    Water CHECK

HAPPY BIRTHDAY XTINE!!! Hope your day was awesome!! Great job on the miles today!!
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY XTINE!!! :flowerforyou: Hope you had a GREAT day!!!

Everybody's recipes sound soooo good.... mmmmm. I can't wait to try them!!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Diary complete and under calorie goal
    8 glasses of water and counting
    Swimmers presses done
    Ran 4.1 miles today, took me 51 minutes. I usually run for at least 30 minutes, and sometimes push for 3 miles. So that's definitely an extra mile+.

So, 4.1 miles towards my goal of 25 miles... added to the 3.8 from yesterday. Means I am at 7.9 miles. 17.1 miles left to go. Haven't been able to walk at work, it has been pouring rain outside. It's making this goal particularly challenging... LOL.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    50 Swimmer Presses CHECK
    5.2 Miles CHECK
    Water CHECK

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
  • cblackb
    cblackb Posts: 4
    Options
    I am getting there. Kinda hard when you are at work but it is getting better:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Today I did the squat kicks... I'm a day off since I'm on vacation. With vacation my rest day was yesterday. I went over in my calorie count today :ohwell: I drank my 8 glasses of water.:drinker:
  • walkingingrace2011
    Options
    Whew! What a day! 10 glasses of water +
    50 squat kicks
    50 swimmer's presses
    2 extra miles walk/jog
    stayed under calorie count
    3 miles down towards the 10, 7 more to go! Yippeeee!
  • TNGirlyGirl
    TNGirlyGirl Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    August 9 (Day 2)
    Swimmer's Presses - done
    Extra Mile - done
    Squat Kicks - done

Water -- 12 and counting
    Under calories - yep

Usual walk is 1 mile; walked 3 today, so 1 for regular challenge and 1 for 100 mile challenge. Can I count the three extra miles I walked Sunday night toward the 100 mile team challenge? If so, I'm up to 4 :smile: I may be able to get a few more in this week after all!!!
  • cath1717
    cath1717 Posts: 120
    Options
    august 9th 2011

Water , 50 swim press + 1 mile walk and under calories all checked

Untill saturday i can add 5 miles to the 100 mile challenge and maybe more!

My recipe is coming soon :happy:

Have a nice evening!

Cath1717
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Swimmer's Presses - done
    water Done
    under calorie goal
    Sorry to say i did not get to do the run had to work and i did 63 minutes of aerobics and the swimmers press then had to take care of dinner for the family not enough time for it all. I was trying to do it at work during lunch but did not get to go to lunch on time to do it had patients in the chair.
  • amazing_grace♥
    Options
    50 Squat kicks - done!
    75 Swimmers Presses - done (I Like these!! Great for my upper arm "granny" flab!!)
    1 extra mile done at work on breaks!!
    25 sit-ups - done
    10 glasses of water
    Came in under calorie goal!! Yay!!

I know I still have to get my recipe posted too - I might not be able to get to that until Saturday... I won't forget - I promise!!

@TNGirlyGirl - nope, the Challenge week is from Monday - Sunday.... but we should be ok with miles if everybody does what they "pledged" we should have enough... No worries.

@EdithRenee - you can do the "extra" mile tomorrow... remember, we can pick something up on another day - remember? I'll leave it open for now, but let me know when you get a chance to do it.

SarahRuth and Xtine - YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!! WOW!!!! But, I'm confused with your miles you stated for the 100 mile team challenge. I show that you both committed to 10 miles (each), but don't know what your "normal" routine includes. When you give your stats on here, just tell me how many miles you did toward the goal, not the total that you did (otherwise I'm not sure what is going toward the 100 mile total). Sorry if I'm not very clear - it's alot to keep track of!!! I'll send you guys a message so I can understand how you are keeping track. Thanks so much!!

I love you guys!!! You're the GREATEST TEAM !!!!! :love:

Going to bed now,,, I'll get the rest of your stats tomorrow!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I did the swimmer's presses (all 50!), drank my water and was under calorie goal. Only got about a half mile walk in because of weather. Went to walk on a break and it started to rain! I moved pretty quickly to get back to the office before I got soaked!

I don't normally ride a bike, but was thinking about it. Maybe being able to add it to the challenge miles will help me make a decision! I will let you know how many extra miles I get to do.

I hope everyone had a great day!!
  • taranmisty
    taranmisty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    for yesterday 8/9/2011; I came in under calorie goal. Ran one extra mile. Drank 8 glasses of water. No challenge exercises.
  • cblackb
    cblackb Posts: 4
    Options
    :smile: I am adding the strengthing exercises to my bike riding. I have problems with some the exercises because I have a problem with my foot and need surgery but keep putting it off. I hope that I can keep up with everyone even with that problem.
    It is great to have someone that is there for you. I was under my caloric goal yesterday.
  • musky4
    musky4 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    for TUE:

water - 9 glasses
    just over calories (by less than 100 ) - sorry
    no exercise, no presses (yet) - i will try to double up tonight!
    25 qts peach pie and 8 qts blueberry pie filling canned!!!
    (i wasnt 'slouching' - lol)