What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Deisler26 wrote: »
    Re-reading ‘Lonesome Dove’

The great American novel of the 20th Century. I love the characters of McMurtry. My kinda guy, from my kinda country.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    The book of Ezekiel in The Bible.
  • BeersForAll
    BeersForAll Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    White Trash & Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Are you reading White Trash by Nancy Isenberg?

Yes

@marissafit06 I would love to hear your thoughts/impressions when you're done with White Trash. I finished it a few months ago.
  • DJStewart812
    DJStewart812 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wired to eat
    And
    Your personal paleo code
  • ballison2012
    ballison2012 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Life, the Universe, and Everything. I know I'm a few decades late to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy hype but its a really good series!
  • sylvahiker
    sylvahiker Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Life, the Universe, and Everything. I know I'm a few decades late to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy hype but its a really good series!

Hello there !
  • sylvahiker
    sylvahiker Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    The Woman In the Window
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit

Yess
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options

Hey hey hey you are in for a treat
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    The selfish gene - Richard Dawkins
    I recommend it.
  • Westschmeis
    Options
    The selfish gene - Richard Dawkins
    I recommend it.

Lots of useful insights that relate to our efforts in getting more fit and more healthy, and the reality of lifestyle change. Thought provoking in many ways.
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    12 Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson - just started it. Practice Makes Perfect by Edward Vernon - very funny book.
  • TiisTitanium
    TiisTitanium Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Thinking in Bets by Annie Duke. Non fiction book about decision making. Enjoying it a lot and pondering whether to make a career change to be a professional poker player.
  • betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    "The Bluest Eye" by Toni Morrison
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    “Red Sparrow” and “The Casual Vacancy”. The latter is quite boring and disappointing coming from JK Rowling.
  • Westschmeis
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Off topic:

I have been trying to get audible books to listen to on my drive to work.

However, Amazon (my primary choice for books) only allows a subscription for audible, which is not what I want.

I have tried the library, but it’s too clunky and lame. I’m not going to use such a lame solution.

I don’t want to buy CD’s because I have no way to play them, plus they are very expensive.

For those that use audible books, how do you get them?

TIA.

Audible, subscription is worth every penny to me. Lots of sales and promotions, in addition to the 1 unlimited credit every month as part of the subscription. Works great for me. The library did not work for me, just another pita.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    Off topic:

I have been trying to get audible books to listen to on my drive to work.

However, Amazon (my primary choice for books) only allows a subscription for audible, which is not what I want.

I have tried the library, but it’s too clunky and lame. I’m not going to use such a lame solution.

I don’t want to buy CD’s because I have no way to play them, plus they are very expensive.

For those that use audible books, how do you get them?

TIA.

Does your library use the overdrive app? I listen to most of books through overdrive. I just check out my book through my library online and download to the app. I listen to a lot of books, so I love free audio books.